Instead of Superman, Steppenwolf's phrase "no Lanterns, no Kryptonian" might refer to Kara Zor-El's presence during Darkseid's invasion, as she crashed on Earth a few thousands of years before modern day in her tie-in comics. The full extent of deleted roles from the 2017 film might not have been revealed yet.
Considering how this version is there to Win Back the Crowd, its pretty likely that it will replace that film in the timeline.
- When the "Flashpoint" movie happens, maybe this will provide an in-universe explanation for it.
- The Flash turns the theatrical version into an Alternate Timeline he creates when time-traveling to prevent the Knightmare future from happening.
Ideally voiced by Gilbert Gottfried and/or Paul Reubens.
- It could be animated. If the animation is cheap enough, the sarcastic Mr. Mxyzptlk will make a dig at such as, Look at me! Im a page right outta history here!
- Knowing how Snyder's movies work, this is as unlikely as it gets.
It'll be as if the original cut never happened.
- We do know that Snyder had to scrap that part of the story before principal photography began. The big question mark is whether or not he could film it as part of the planned pickups, considering the budget is higher than just what would be needed for a few new CGI. That also would run into whether or not the film will be retooled into a Grand Finale or if Snyder is confident enough to let plenty of Sequel Hooks in.
- Lois's death (sparking into the Knightmare future) would've actually happened in Justice League Part Two, not One (what this cut of the film will essentially be, especially if the story continues). This JL movie is meant to have an happy ending. For now at least.