- Speaking as someone in retail, that would work. If they see enough false positives, they may just end up waving people by, or at least the ones that look 'good' and only check the ones that look 'suspicious', i.e. the delinquents.
- Yan-chan may not care about that. An obstacle is an obstacle, regardless of reason.
- Hanako doesn't have romantic feelings for her big bro (or sis), but she's still a rival because she wants him to not attach himself to any girl.
- Megami is the only character who isn't given a "blushing" alternate image on the website (it's labeled "gentle" instead). It may be that she isn't actually attracted to him, but her character speech suggests she is aware that there is a messed-up individual on Senpai's trail. However, she is a rich, talented, popular, and attractive young woman, so Senpai will likely fall for her.
- Interesting theory. However, the very first iteration of Mission Mode still had Senpai in it. He was removed because it made no sense to have him (plus his aura and ability to cause insta-Game Over made the mode annoying to play).
- I maintain that you're right, but it won't be a conventional matchmake. More like a kidnapping.
Whoever holds Nemesis's knife gains the ability to overpower Yan-chan via an adrenaline rush. But Nemesis-chan has to be careful not to over-use her host's adrenaline. She doesn't run because she's saving her host's strength for the No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
If any enemy (including Yan-chan) ever gets hold of Nemesis's knife, the enemy will be forced to commit suicide.
Notice that in the game, there are never two of whichever student Nemesis disguised herself as. As an example, there's never Nemesis!Saki and Normal!Saki walking around at the same time. Either the Willing Channeler temporarily incapacitated the student that she disguised herself as or she arranged for that student to hold the knife and get possessed. In the latter situation, Nemesis takes over a body other than the one she usually possesses and is associated with, thus metaphorically "disguising" herself.
- Word of God says Nemesis knocked out whatever girl she decided to impersonate before school started.
- Mida Rana is the only classroom teacher who wears a Dangerously Short Skirt. The other teachers wear pants.
- Furthermore, Mida might not object to any attempts to photograph her panties. She might be flattered that Even the Girls Want Her.
- This has been heavily suggested to be the case by the developer. However, he also said Mida would chide Yan-chan for getting caught and tell her to be more discreet.
- Mida might even go so far as to pose for Yan-chan and deliberately flash the camera.
Of course, that being said, it would still be a bad idea to...
- Photograph other girls' panties while Mida Rana is watching.
- Photograph Mida Rana's panties while anyone else (especially Senpai) is watching.
- Despite the joke "deep thought" YandereDev posted to Twitter in February 2017, YandereDev has made it very clear that Mida is wearing panties.
- Assuming the cops don't just nod and say "Nice..."
So what if Megami's a rival because Senpai falls in love with her while Megami's just trying to protect Senpai from a common threat to the entire school namely Yandere-chan -+ and Senpai mistakes that for love?
- That sounds more like an attachment to one of the "main" endings.
- To add credibility to this, as of the March 15th (2016) build, she has a freakin' security camera outside the Info Club's window, currently the only one in the school. This is highly unusual placement, unless she used personal status as a means to get it installed.
- This is not plausible anymore, since the addition of the newer Headmaster Tape explains that he got blackmailed into letting Info-chan enter school and stay in her clubroom at all times. When he tried to spy on her with the aforementioned camera, he was threatened and instructed to not do it again. One would think that the headmaster would recognize the "shadow with a red wig" as his daughter, if she was.
- This is supported by an image the dev uploaded to his Twitter, explicitly stating it's concept art for one of the Multiple Endings. It appears to depict a final showdown between Info-chan and Yandere-chan.
- To make sure that Yandere-chan doesn't tell the police about how she helped her once she gets arrested, Info-chan might actually be planning to kill Yandere-chan herself and stage it as self-defense, making it look like Yandere attacked her after she uncovered evidence of Yandere-chan's crimes and/or targeted her as her next "competition" for Senpai's heart. Doing this gets rid of the loose end Yandere-chan represents and gets all the attention on herself and her tell-all story (which she plans to be her big break that'll put her on the map as a journalist). She looks like a hero when she has actually been milking the tragedy for all the benefits it presented her.
- Scrapped, at least in part.
- That is also a good reason for why so many Akademi students have blackmail-able issues with drug addiction, (implied) sexual abuse, pregnancy, and otakudom.
- Kinda makes you wonder what our Senpai did to get sent to Akademi, huh?
- Which adds the question: what if, in a twist ending, Senpai is the other Yandere, and they get to kiss while standing in a pool of blood?
- The last one is Jossed. There will be no yanderes for Yan-chan.
- Kinda makes you wonder what our Senpai did to get sent to Akademi, huh?
- If that's the case, it's pretty freakin' rich for an Alternative School.
- That's because Akademi High School is a school for troubled rich kids. Sort of like those minimum security prisons for celebrities and white-collar criminals.
- That means that if you manage to clear out the entire school, Yan-chan will be forever locked in a permanent insane state.
- Regrettably, that's probably too difficult for one person to program. However, Word of God has said that Senpai will have a hidden "Sanity" stat people dying around him will take a toll on him by the end of the game, affecting the ending. His little sister being killed will hit him hard.
- It wouldn't be a stretch since the game already has supernatural elements in the form of the Phantom Girl in the bathroom and the Perfectly Normal Thing in the Occult Club room.
- It'll be possible to just play matchmaker and get all the rivals to date someone else. I doubt that'll have a negative ending.
- YandereDev has said that in every ending Yandere-chan will "get" Senpai "one way or another". Senpai doesn't really have to be willing (or even alive) for her to have him, right?
- He does have to be alive, at the very least. If a yandere's target dies, the yandere will kill herself without a second thought because she no longer has anything to live for. See "Promo Concept" for a demonstration.
- The game is planned to have a "Story Mode" with ten predetermined fully-fleshed rivals. It will probably also have an "Endless Mode" which is just about what is described here.
- Current plans for the game include an unlockable "1989 Mode" where you play as Ryoba and kill the Phantom Girl, as well as a possible DLC (Kickstarter dependent) where the Phantom Girl either possesses one of the girls or manifests directly to woo Senpai, just to get back at you.
- Seems legit. By that point, there are three weeks left in-game. Even if Mida gets acquitted, it'll likely take longer than that. (Plus it's doubtful Aka Demi would want her back.)
- Jossed because of this. They're out of the country during the timeframe of the game.
- However, they are "in the game" in the broadest sense that they exist and the game acknowledges their absence.
As your mother, you can kill students, sweep up blood, have a change of clothes in your purse, and can kill teachers. If your father isn't playable, then your mother will be in the basement when Yandere's at school if there's prisoners there. She'll have to distract the father from finding the people down there.
As another classmate, you can spread rumors, increase skills, kill students, basically anything that Yandere-chan can do. Same thing goes for Yandere's secret twin, if the developer ever adds that. Also for the classmate, maybe you'll be able to be a rival to Yandere-chan and try and get Senpai for yourself. Or, you could be Osana Najimi herself.
As the Phantom Girl, you can haunt and scare Yandere-chan so that she drops whatever she's holding. You can also possess students for a short while to have them gossip about others. You can also drown them and add them to your ghost group to haunt Yandere-chan.
- You won't be able to play as your parents because they're going to be away for a while. See here.
- Well, if the teased "1989 Mode" DLC ever happens, you'll get to play as Ryoba in a significantly stripped down single-week campaign (that'll be much harder than the main game due to the lack of Info-chan).
- One theory on /v/ suggests that at the end of a non-lethal playthrough, the Rival Yandere will be willing to commit a suicide disguised as a murder just to frame Yandere-chan.
- Unless the Student Council President is crazier than she appears, there's no longer going to be a Second Yandere, at least not in the main campaign.
- There's far more than 12 students the final game is planned to have around 90, and the builds from Summer 2016 have 34 including Yan-chan and Info-chan.
- Although the Dev has said that he would like to include an "Endless" mode, the game as-planned is a ten-week campaign.
- Yan-chan doesn't feel anything or didn't until she met Senpai. So why would she care about that?
- Her parents might not be in love well, Ryoba sure as hell is, but Mr. Aishi is heavily implied to have Stockholm Syndrome from being held captive for years but they both seem to love and care about Yan-chan in their own ways.
- Your parents are away, so they won't be able to give you money. See here.
- That doesn't completely invalidate the WMG itself, just the details. Word of God is that, if there is a town, Yandere-chan could earn money over the weekend, but he gives no details as to what this money could be used for. Bribery is still a potential option.
Alternatively, Info-chan is sent by your mother to help you. Your mother was in your position before and understands your position. She wants you to get the man of your dreams and be as happy as she is. However, your mom doesn't want you to know she sent Info-chan because then you'll start asking why and your mom doesn't want you to know her dirty secret.
- Seems unlikely since your parents are off somewhere else.
- It could be an alternative to expulsion for less heinous breaches of the school rules, such as loitering in the wrong classroom.note Severe things like being covered in blood, carrying weapons, and committing murder in plain sight will still get you expelled, though.
- Following from this idea, detentions could be this mechanic implemented on a smaller scale. You would lose lunchtimes or afternoons, as opposed to entire days, and would be given them for even more minor breaches such as tardiness or truancy.
- Supported with the addition of Genka Kunihito, the guidance counsellor. Her job, according to the Dev, will be to mete out punishment to rivals (and Yan-chan) for minor infractions.
- This actually is what happens as of October 2018. You can now be suspended from 1 to 5 days.
- Supported with the addition of Genka Kunihito, the guidance counsellor. Her job, according to the Dev, will be to mete out punishment to rivals (and Yan-chan) for minor infractions.
- If she didn't know before, Basement Tape #1 ensures she knows now. She obviously would recognize her parents' voices.
- She might be more impressed than angry... but still refuse to sell it to her customers.
- She already has a unique response if you manage to mod/glitch your way into the Info Club room: she yells at you to Get Out! and the game resets.
- Ryoba muses aloud in the 10th Basement Tape that she hopes Ayano will have found a boyfriend by the time they return and heavily implies that she knows Ayano takes after her and seems pleased by this. Mr. Aishi openly hopes this isn't the case, so he would be creeped out if Senpai is tied up in the basement when they come back.
- Dev has stated that there will be a proper customizer later, and this is a placeholder, so this is disproven.
- This is supported by the fact that she owns a pair of spats.
- Her "hobby", such as it is, is acting like a normal girl despite feeling nothing.
- Wich has the nice side effect of improving her capabilities, and then even more by studying and formally training in the sports club.
- Kinda confirmed. The Student Council President may be meaner than the other rivals. The originally-intended final rival was another yandere, just like you. In fact, it was Info-chan.
- Osana Najimi has a tsundere personality, which would certainly make her come off as an asshole.
- Kizana Sunobu, the Drama Club President (Rival #3) definitely counts. Her personality is described by the creator as "himedere" that is, stuck-up. Even her name reflects this; it translates to "Snobby Snob".
- Mida Rana is pretty much a sexual predator. There's obnoxious and then there's ruining people's lives.
- Jossed in part by the Journalist's Tapes. The reason why the cops don't investigate further into the school is twofold: First, because Akademi's headmaster traditionally bribed the police chief to turn a blind eye. Second, because the one time the cops couldn't turn a blind eye when Ryoba murdered the Phantom Girl they botched the investigation so badly that Ryoba was acquitted. Keep in mind this is a country and legal system where the conviction rate is over 95%. Anyone would be loathe to set foot on the campus after that, especially in a place like Japan where honour is such a big deal.
- Or, you know, he could be bisexual.
- It will almost certainly be possible for Senpai to be female. Since Yandere-chan can only be female, this is technically confirmed.
- See above. The Dev changed his mind for what he wants to do with Info-chan.
- Dev has cut the reputation points compliments get you from two to one (but you can still get two per if you up your Seduction and/or wear the proper panties).
- He's already narrowed the window during which you can actually talk to NPCs talking to them at an inopportune time* results in them telling you, "Sorry, I can't talk right now." Plus, non-club members leave campus ~90 minutes before the day ends. Since the in-game clock moves 5× faster than reality, chances are you simply don't have enough time to compliment everyone in one day.
- You'll almost certainly not be able to compliment the Delinquents, since it's probable their requirements will be opposite everyone else's (they'll only talk to you if your reputation is low, etc.).
- Actually, you can confront the final rival in a non-violent manner.
- Honestly, winning in itself is a Downer Ending for everyone but Yan-chan. She is a Villain Protagonist, after all.
- Not necessarily true if you don't kill any of your rivals. If most rivals are taken out via MatchmakerQuesting, Senpai will come to believe no girl will ever love him. In that case, Yan-chan's confession will probably make him very happy.
- She lives with Senpai and it's been hinted by the dev that Senpai will be affected depending on the method that you choose to deal with her.
- With the scrapping of Info-chan (a.k.a. the other yandere) as your final rival and the shifting of the Student Council President to that slot, Imouto-chan is now the ninth rival. Considering the week right before her will be the Delinquents' Boss, whom Word of God states to be the strongest character in the game, this WMG may very well be true.
- But that doesn't seem to be the case. Dev has stated that she would be close to Senpai at all times, and that she will go to him instead of the normal reactions,giving you a game over.
- If you kill her. You don't have to.
- Unknown about any of those. However, it's all but certain that the Delinquents' Boss, the eighth rival who is said to be the strongest character in the entire game, will be able to.
- At least against a mindslave(link somewhere above).
- Probably Jossed, as the final rival is no longer a second yandere, but is instead the Student Council President. Given her position, most likely all her stats are maxed out.
- YandereDev has stated that the original plot would've had the twist that Info-chan was a Yandere all along, and manipulating Yandere-chan to eliminate all of the other rivals so she could have Senpai all for herself, being the final rival. This plan has since been scrapped.
- The final rival, as stated elsewhere, will be the Student Council President. Her connection to Info-chan, if any, is unknown.
- That's assuming that Yan-chan cares about anyone or anything. The more likely outcome would be this.
- Based on what the creator has said, the endings are elimination-dependent, but it controls how Senpai reacts, not Yan-chan.
- The creator has also said that Yandere-chan's personality depends on the player's actions.
- You do realize that these are only joke modes available in debug mode something that will probably not be available in the final game yes?
- Well, the Dev has said that the various Easter Eggs might still be in the final game, either as unlockables or as cheat codes he's put a lot of work into coding them, so it'd be a waste to leave them out of the end product. Plus, fans love them.
- He actually said each rival will be progressively tougher to beat. Popularity can be one reason for that, but not the only one the Delinquent Leader is likely very unpopular (he's implied that she'll have just gotten out of a stint in juvie during her week), but is the rival right before Imouto-chan. This is almost certainly due to her extreme physical strength, and possibly an Unexpected Gameplay Change (you have to have low reputation for the delinquents to acknowledge you). Imouto-chan might be popular, or she may be tough because she constantly clings to Senpai, making it difficult to get her alone.
- It would be funny if at the end, Yandere-chan (after murdering everybody) wins Senpai's affection, only to realize that he's more monstrous than her.
- I don't know about Yan-chan, but Senpai will,especially if they see their childhood friend/sister die in front of him.
- Ryoba is out of the country because she's hunting down the Journalist. This doesn't preclude the Nurse knowing about her and being wary of her, though.
- Not likely, since how dark this game is. If the game can go to manipulating people, killing everyone, people getting a bad reputation while the villains go free, and Abusive Parents who use their kids for sex then BrotherSister Incest won't be that bad.
- Alternatively, the trope could be parodied in a tongue-in-cheek way. Such as it being revealed she was adopted in the most blatant way imaginable.
- Not likely, since the Dev has since redesigned Imouto-chan's personality to take away the incestuous undertones, instead making her a Clingy Jealous Girl who simply does not want her "onii-chan" to ever have a girlfriend.
- This image◊ shows a girl with trays and a tea kettle, which could easily be the Cooking Club President. She also looks like she's wearing an apron and a head wrapping. The posing may suggest she has some Cute Clumsy Girl tendencies.
- The girl next to her appears to have curly hair, and is posed with her hand on her hip and, from what we see of the silhouette, the other closer to her face. It could be the Drama Club President or the Student Council President. However, one could argue that the silhouette is holding a water bottle, which could mean she's the Captain of the Swim Team.
- The girl here◊ was also teased in the August 12th update. She has orange hair tied into long pigtails, pink stockings with white polka dots, and an aggressive stance. Unless Osana Najimi is due for a redesign, we can safely say that this is the little sister. Since she would know Osana, and likely be jealous of her, it would make total sense for her to copy her outfit choices and behavior.
- That is Osana. The "I Want My Senpai Back" video shows this new design, and she is clearly listed in the credits as Osana.
- Imouto-chan's final design (though not her in-game character model) has been officially revealed. Here.◊
- Possibly Jossed. Info-chan was originally intended to be the other yandere, your final rival, but that idea was scrapped. She does still have some personal vendetta against Osana, but her reason for it is not known.
It wouldn't be too far-fetched for a weird, outcast girl so heavily invested in the occult to come to a conclusion such as "We are soul mates", "We were lovers in a previous life", or "My spirit guide told me that he's the one, hence why we should be together."
- Word of God has provided evidence for this: While he won't spoil how Oka and Senpai met, it might be more humorous due to how strange she is. Her superstitious nature may play a part in why she becomes a rival.
- Sure enough, the Rival Introduction video shows that Oka is convinced Senpai "cast a hex" on her. Lust and romance are foreign concepts to her.
- Kuudere-chan also sounds EXACTLY like Yandere-chan.
- Aside from being an April Fools joke, Kuu Dere is now a character, so this is unlikely.
- I've always found his voice weirdly emotionless.
- Further supported by his Tranquil Fury when discussing the email problem, and also that his new Author Avatar killed Midori in the video regarding the gaming club.
- And according to his Twitter, he's even got a Senpai. I didn't have the nerve to find out who it was, but he says he'll off himself should "Senpai" dislike his game.
- It's JonTron.
- Eh, if any single word could describe him, it'd probably be "pervert" (who else would have come up with the idea for a game where upskirt pics are a core mechanic?).
- This is completely missing the point of its inclusion, as YanDev has complained about repeatedly. It was added specifically for an extra level of squick to remind people of what it is they are playing. This is not supposed to be a funny or sexy feature. It's supposed to show how depraved Info-chan is and how low Yan-chan is willing to stoop to achieve her goals. Despite all appearances of fluttering cherry petals and pop-sounding background music, you are playing the monster in a horror story. It's meant to be on par with Pyramid Head crotch-ramming the mannequins when you first run into him.
- But then if you're going through matchmaker, how would the rival yandere pull that off if Yandere-chan is only in love with Senpai?
- It is possible that as you get more popular due to a matchmaker playthrough, that the final Yandere's crush will actually be Yandere-chan herself and if you play as a pure matchmaker, she'll work against you by trying to matchmake Senpai (who started noticing you (in fact, matchmaker ending could have Senpai confessing to Yandere-chan instead of it being vice versa), but also has another crush); if not, she'll just try to straight-up murder or frame him and you have to prevent it, possibly framing yourself in the process.
- Unlikely to happen, as YandereDev has said that there is no Rival Yandere anymore. There's a slim chance that this idea might still be plausible with a different character.
- He certainly wants there to be. Whether there will be depends on time and funding.
- Since Yan-chan and Senpai are going to be customizable, 2D cutscenes with them would not be realistically possible. If there will be cutscenes, they'll have to use in-game models.
- As of June 2016, there is one the culmination of a string of actions where you get the opportunity to Befriend or Betray your rival.
- Nika would make a good first name for her.
- She's probably a New Transfer Student from Russia.
- Her shtick is that 1. she doesn't believe in that dumb cherry tree rumor, and she will confess to Senpai Monday afternoon if you don't do something. 2. She. Won't. FREAKIN'. DIE. Poison her? She survives and stops leaving her food unattended. Throw her off the roof? She survives and stops trusting notes in her lockers. Electrocute her? She survives and stops trying to turn the lights back on in the bathroom. Carve her up with a katana and throw her body into an incinerator? She survives and learns kung-fu. Bully her relentlessly? She has an iron will against suicide, and will play herself up as The Woobie to win Senpai's love. Kidnap her and torture her to insanity? She escapes and informs the police. Matchmake her? She has no other crushes. You would have to continually stall for time until Friday, when a way to put this frumious bandersnatch down for good finally opens up.
- If her backstory doesn't start her off in Japan already, her intro cutscene might start with her traveling (either in a plane flying over, or a ship sailing in) the Okhotsk Seanote . The vessel is almost at Japan when suddenly, it catches on fire and sinks into the sea. She extracts herself from the flooded wreckage and swims the rest of the way to Japan.
- Supporting this is the fact that the Succubus in the Demon Realm looks and sounds just like Yandere-chan, and much like Ryōba, shares a voice actress and character model with her.
- The succubus is actually Sakyu Basu's unmodified model, which happens to be the exact same base as Ayano and every other female NPC.
- Another thing could be that outside of class, they're always surrounded or in seeing distance with at least one other student, tying into the below theory.
- What would be the point of that? That just makes the game unwinnable. It may be difficult to get a rival alone (especially later on), but it should never be impossible.
- No, that would not make the game unwinnable. Yan-chan can always chase down and silence (aka kill) anyone who sees her killing the rival, albeit at the risk of starting a chain reaction of having to chase down and kill anyone who sees her killing the original witness.
- Besides, this part of the January 2017 progress report (bookmarked about eight minutes in) partially Josses this theory. If left undisturbed, students' schedules will be organized to never let the rival out of anyone's sight. But Yan-chan can preemptively send/lure potential witnesses away from the soon-to-be crime scene by using a series of carefully orchestrated distractions. (Or murder them before making her move on the Rival.)
- Actually, the Dev has stated that Osana's redesign is "Tsundere-chan with more thought", so that part is correct. However, nothing about any relation to anyone else. Chances are the rivals (aside from Imouto-chan) have no siblings at the school.
- Probably. I mean, it's already pretty much a deconstruction, and he wants the game to be dark and serious when it's done, so... yeah. Considering he's made it clear you will be able to do a peaceful run, well, how many games have the peaceful run be anything but the good end?
- Maybe confirmed, maybe not. One of the girls at school is named "Sakyu Basu", she looks like the villain in Yanvania, and there are rumors mostly via Oka that she is in fact a succubus. But she probably isn't, and Oka is just being nutty again. However, there is a succubus hiding out in the Void (accessible by bloodying the Occult Club's ritual knife and inserting it into the skull). However, neither she nor anything else in the Void is likely to be a major plot point.
- Well, there's the Shout-Out, Yandere-chan definitely has the personality, and she's able to restart the day/the game if anything goes wrong.
- This has been Jossed. Yanderedev said that she is out of country for 10 weeks. Also, she will only be playable in 1980s mode.
- Word of God has said that each rival will have unique elimination methods. He could have just meant "ways to kill them", but something like this could be possible.
- Confirmed for Kokona herself, at the very least; Yandere-chan can blackmail the loan shark her father is in debt to to fix her problems and use that as leverage to get her to stop pursuing Senpai.
- The lock of hair bit is confirmed, but the caption isn't the above.
She also mentions that her father is keeping her out of school, but he has a reason to tolerate someone's (Yan-chan's?) presence. It would make sense for her to say that if her father happens to be the Headmaster, who has already been established to be bribing the police and media to stay away from the school.
- The part about her being the Student Council President is confirmed, if this tweet is any indication. As for the rest, we'll see.
- The part about being the Headmaster's daughter is Jossed.
- Adding on to this, she may not actually be attracted to Senpai, at least not at first. The reason why she begins to pursue him might be because she knows he's Yan-chan's target, and is willing to use herself as bait to bring her to justice, as well as distract her from anyone else she might kill.
- Probably true, if her website description and rival introduction are anything to go by.
- Dev has stated in his retrospective on Kokona that she could be a DLC rival and, should she be, she would have been in a time loop, so she would be nigh impossible to kill. As a result, this is more or less right.
- Twitch has a thing against anime; the ban list is disproportionately filled with other games that are also Animesque.
- Twitch finally got back to YandereDev. Turns out it's mainly because the game is incomplete.
- This actually happened in Mission Mode, where Ayano isn't a Yandere, but an assasin. So, as a result, this is true, kinda.
- Yandere-chan not only rejects her mother, but turns her in to the police for her crimes. (Possibly involving The Journalist in some way, giving the poor guy a chance to finally clear his name by Yan-chan giving the basement tapes to him.)
- Upon seeing his daughter threatened, Yandere-chan's father will throw off his Stockholm Syndrome and take Ryoba down in a major The Dog Bites Back moment.
However it turns out, I'm guessing it will be possible for Ryoba's Karma Houdini Warranty to finally expire.
- It's a Bad Ending for Yandere-chan at least (even though it might be the Golden Ending for everyone else).
- It could be another reference to Undertale. In that game, you are encouraged to play pacifist and will get a 'Bad Ending' if you're killing everyone. In Yandere Sim, you are expected to be a Villain Protagonist. If you're trying to defy the expectation, you will have a bad time.
- Will give a reference, if not an outright recreation of a certain scene in Undertale. You know, that one. 99999999999999999999999999.
- YandereDev has stated that the consequence of killing a class's worth of students in one day will result in the Headmaster ordering a school shutdown, which will be a Game Over.
- He's also said that killing every student in one day will give a special ending.
- Not in yet, but you will have a bad time if you do so.
And with the Totally Normal Update, when entering the room with the three demons, the gaping mouthed one will mention how it's been wrongly accused of a crime and punished for it, desiring vengeance on those who did it and stating that its "descendants must feel what [it has] felt". Granted, should you kill all the Occult Club members with the Ritual Knife, drag them into the summoning circle, and dismember them, its voice will reemerge stating "vengeance at last" before Yandere-chan floats with white eyes and ten hands spewing from the ground around her to murder everything that comes close, being able to move around and hurt anything that isn't Senpai. In other words, that gaping demon could be Yandere-chan's ancestor!
- It doesn't have to be the Occult club members you kill for it, they're just the easiest targets since they're right where they need to be instead of you having to drag them across the school.
- Taro Yamada is just a placeholder for the time being, which is why it's the Japanese equivalent of John Doe (a person with an unknown name).
- Can't really rule out the possibility of it becoming his official name. One of the reasons why John Smith or John Doe are used as psuedonyms is that they're generic names, and Senpai does have a generic design reminiscent of typical Everyman Harem protagonists.
- Taro Yamada is just a placeholder for the time being, which is why it's the Japanese equivalent of John Doe (a person with an unknown name).
- Probably not. If his name's not Taro Yamada (Japanese for John Smith), then it's likely going to be customizable by the player.
- Also, with his sister's name being Hanako Yamada, his surname will probably match hers.
- It appears as though this will be the case eventually, given the demons' dialogue. For example, the Fiend says, "Do you wish to borrow my power? You are not worthy. Come back when you have proven you can wield my power.", suggesting that there will be a task you will be able to perform in order to get his supernatural ability.
- On the way to being confirmed: There is now a way to get the Fiend's ability: heat up the ritual knife with a blow torch, then stick it back in the skull. The Fiend will power it up and cause any student stabbed with it to burn to death. Drag these burned corpses into the ritual circle (like you would the severed limbs for the Horror), and after you've cooked and dragged enough students, the Fiend will be satisfied and give you his flame powers. Now we just need a way to get the Succubus's ability (whatever it is) for this to be 100% confirmed.
- Now that the delinquents are fully implemented, this is Jossed.
- Unless the 1980s delinquents have him as a member.
The president of Saikou (Megami Saikou's father) is the employer and former classmate of Yan-chan's parents. In one of the basement tapes, Ryoba mentioned she told her husband's boss that they would be leaving the country.
Being a former classmate when Phantom Girl was killed, and seeing how terrified Ryoba's husband is of her, he put two and two together and figured out that Ryoba was Phantom Girl's killer. And then he sees a picture of Ayano on her father's desk, with the same eyes her mother once had...
This explains why Megami is not allowed to attend school, and why Megami knows a dangerous killer is at the school.
- Alternatively, it will be a Difficult, but Awesome ending, requiring the most effort of any path to unlock the Succubus powers. In exchange, Senpai will be guaranteed to be completely happy with you regardless of if/how you dispatched other rivals because he'll be that infatuated with you (basically meaning guaranteed Golden Ending, and potentially sooner than 10 weeks).
- Possibly the robot member, since it makes sense for a bunch of science geeks to name their creation after a scientist. However, it's arguably more likely that her name will be a pun, or just Robot-chan.
- Japan is not as paranoid a society (in that way) as America or Britain. Any CCTV cameras are likely to be controlled by Info-chan. There will be surveillance, but it's in the form of the Photography Club. The more School Atmosphere drops, the more they turn into walking sentries.
- Also, it's been implied that Megami Saiko will be able to get CCTV cameras set up.
- This does happen if you kill a council member.
- She could kill a rival if you attempt to matchmake them with her senpai.
- It could be easier to frame her for murders as police discover and connect them with her own crimes.
- Similar to the first scenario, you could gossip with her and convince her that someone is after her senpai, causing her to go after them. Do this too many times, and she'll eventually catch on and come after you.
- You could find evidence and reveal her murders, gaining you reputation.
- Dev said long ago that the Drama Club President has a "himedere" personality. However, her look is said to be similar to test rival Kokona Haruka. No word on if Himedere-chan will appear in the game.
- Any knockdown is a game over. However, getting beaten up by the delinquents does not result in them getting you comatose, unless they see you killing.
- That's idiotic. If everyone is a senior, then why would Yan-chan have a crush on "Senpai"? In a school setting, sempai means upperclassman. It is not used for same-grade classmates, ever. Exceptions
- Dev has stated in his retrospective on Midori that if she is added as DLC, she would be impossible to kill because of her hundreds of clones and her master knowledge of the game, so maybe not a Yandere or anything like that.
- The Rival Introduction Video has her believing that he put a hex on her to make her have feelings for him. Not exactly jossed, but we now know more about why she likes him.
- Makes sense, but probably not worth taking the time to program.
- Evil has been replaced with "Spiteful", so this is likely Jossed.
Word of God has already said that Senpai would be able to rip the mask off Yan-chan if he sees her kill while wearing it, so Senpai taking action to bring the killer to justice wouldn't be that weird. And, well, he said he didn't like the idea of a male yandere, but he didn't give his opinion on male yangire.
- As of the January 2017 videos, large parts of this have been confirmed. YandereDev heavily implies that if Senpai finds out who killed Osana and Hanako while having low sanity, it wouldn't end well. Cue Senpai Limp and Livid while holding a knife.
- Ending A: Only eliminate rivals through matchmaking.
- Ending B: Only eliminate rivals through general non-lethal methods.
- Ending C: Leave No Witnesses.
- Ending D: Fulfill none of the other conditions.
- Ending E: Only eliminate rivals through lethal methods.
- Ending F: Kill all students in one day.
- Ending X: Convince the Lust Demon to help you.
- The problem with ending A and E is the current game seemed to imply you couldn't win by constantly using the same method. Senpai would feel cursed if all rivals are dead or he would have a low self-esteem if all rivals are matchmaked with someone else and thought he was destined to be alone. Those endings would be a version of game over where he rejected you anyway.
- Senpai would feel very upset and awful, but that doesn't really make it flat-out impossible to win. Besides, do you really think that Yandere-chan actually gives a damn about how Senpai feels? I mean, she'll keep pursuing him as long as he doesn't reject her flat-out, but otherwise, Senpai can be a total mess who is in no stable position to be in a relationship and she probably won't care.
- YandereDev has loosely described what the endings will be like. See here.
- In some videos, a graph has been shown with the exact conditions of the endings, with some parts censored out. So, most likely we will have a lot more endings than this.
- Alternatively, Sakyu was originally a vampire, but made a Deal with the Devil to become a demon, if the Flame Demon's backstory in Burning Love is true. Or the Basu sisters were both human until Sakyu became a demon and Inkyu was turned into a vampire.
- Or maybe just give her substantial evidence that the rumours are true. Substantial enough for her, anyway.
- Some of them are offering body parts in order to perform the demonic rituals. Obviously, it's not working, but they don't know that they aren't making the correct sacrifices. Yandere-chan needs hands to pull it off, but they've just been using eyes.
- Info-chan called in some favours from a few of her criminal contacts because they were meddling in her evil schemes.
- An incident with the delinquents cost them a few eyes.
- They all had a bunch of embarrassing accidents and/or Noodle Incidents that they don't want to admit the truth about.
- Exactly the reasons that they give. Supana really does have medical reasons for wearing an eyepatch, Kokuma really did lose her eye to a wild animal, etc. The rumours are just bogus.
- YandereDev has said that Midori will never break the fourth wall in the game itself despite that being her schtick in the development videos.
- Her Breaking the Fourth Wall is now a possibility, as her idle animation has her sending E-mails on her phone to a game developer who is almost certainly YandereDev. You can hear her talking about her E-mails if you stand close to her.
- This is actually supported by a blog post. One of YandereDev's ideas to fix the problem some people have with the skirt based inventory is to have Yan-chan with a specially tailored two-layered skirt with multiple pockets hidden. The justifying lore is that this is what Ryoba used during her schooldays, and gave it to Yan-chan. So, we know that Ryoba might canonically know how to sew, and that she'd be willing to provide Yan-chan with things that would be helpful for her own love life.
- Unlikely given that the robot is actually programmed to go after any spilled liquid, up to and including blood.
- Jossed, Midori isn't the Gaming Club President.
- She'll deliberately stay away from areas where she can be ambushed.
- Because she's so popular, it will be much harder to damage her reputation.
- Either she's very reluctant to warm up to people or she's very suspicious of Yandere-chan, so it will be very hard to befriend her (you may need to be in the Student Council for several weeks in order to befriend her).
- Perhaps you have to be on the "true pacifist" route and have dealt with all the other rivals peacefully to befriend her. Otherwise she'll sense your evil intent right away.
- And if you just try and straight up kill her, she'll pull out a knife and defend herself. She won't be as tough to defeat as the Delinquent Leader, but she will still be a very tough opponent who can kill you if you're unprepared.
- She might even adapt to whatever elimination methods were used on the previous rivals, making it very hard to rely on your usual tactics.
- Yandere-chan herself.
- The delinquents.
- Musume Ronshaku and the bullies.
- Thing is, though, Yandere Dev has implied that the Golden Ending would be achieved by eliminating all rivals non-lethally...
- Now that the "rival video" has officially been released, one part of this is jossed, but the rest could still be true: the sports team captain is no longer the fourth rival (and she's no longer a swim team captain; now that she's been released she's been changed to "sports" in general). She's the fifth rival; Oka Ruto is now the fourth.
- That does make sense, since Four Is Death.
- If this isn't the plan for Megami, I'd definitely like to see it as DLC. Perhaps the 'rival' in this case is Nemesis?
Now let's look at Megami Saikou. For the first 9 weeks of school, she isn't showing up to class (appearing only through video chat from another computer) and refuses to disclose the reasons why, and knows very well that there's a Yandere on campus. She's also an Heiress to a large company who, according to the character bio on the game's website, will add on security cameras, school guards, and a zero tolerance policy on acting suspicious.
What if Megami and Info-chan are the same person? While it's questionable for how Info-chan managed to pull a few strings, it's not hard to imagine that Megami is more capable of getting the level of access to things Info-chan does, and setting herself up at school at a place she can't be touched from and can still see things from as well as a video camera. With the addition of the Student Council, it also makes sense as to the rumors about Shiromi getting information about other students and stalking them; she's giving that info to Megami to use as Info-Chan!
It also makes sense for Megami's complaints of wanting to be at school rather than hiding away. As Info-Chan, she can remain at school with no fear of being hurt by Yandere-Chan and she can still keep an eye on the Students. She can also get somewhat of a feel for how Yandere-Chan works, using Yandere-Chan's requests to work out how she tends to take care of rivals and dispose of them.
When she finally appears in game, she will be removing her persona as Info-Chan and attend school as normal with everyone none-the-wiser...save Yandere-chan who, while having to deal with Megami's metal detectors and security cameras, will also have to deal with being without her biggest resource: Info-Chan. She will also remove things that will combat the normal methods Yandere-Chan used to murder people, like closing down certain clubs for having items Yandere-chan has used as weapons.
Finally, this is abit fitting metaverse wise. Originally, Info-Chan was meant to be the final rival who turns your murder methods against you, but now Megami, who was number 9 before, is taking her place both as a rival and placewise.
The reason she doesn't do anything sensible like calling the police on you or handing them proof is because her actions as Info-Chan could lead to her getting in trouble herself, not to mention she has an example in the Journalist, who was right in that Yan's mom was a murderer...but was laughed out of the courtroom and nationally disgraced. She wouldn't want to become a repeat performance or sound crazy in the meantime especially since she's the Student Council President.
Just for a final note, this also gives a good idea for a special elimination method for Megami. Simply put, it would require revealing her status as Info-chan. YandereDev said that Info-chan's reputation is -999, and not to mention what Info-chan is willing to do is enough to pull an expulsion on her.
- Hoo boy. This requires a bullet list to rebut.
- Both characters are listed on the website's Character Page.
- They have different voice actresses.
- They don't look remotely alike (Info-chan has short red hair; Megami has long silver hair).
- Why would Megami risk her, her family's, and her company's reputation by doing what Info-chan does? She's a smart girl; she'd certainly understand the risk of being discovered outweighed any benefits.
- During the period of development when Info-chan was set to be the final rival, Megami was already a designated rival. Specifically, she was the penultimate rival. When Info-chan lost her secondary purpose, Osoro (the Delinquents' Boss) was slotted into the #8 slot while Hanako and Megami were pushed back.
- Hello, OP of the WMG here with some ideas for those rebuttals.
- Just because they're both listed on the characters page as separate characters does not mean that they still can't be the same character. Take a look at the Two Aliases, One Character trope, it could be in play for Info-Chan and Megami.
- Just because they have different voice actresses doesn't mean they can't change their pitch and/or tone of voice to sound different. Not to mention Info-chan almost exclusively talks through electronic devices, so it'd be easy for her to use some software to edit her voice. A character example is in the Umineko series where Shannon and Kannon are the same person and yet have different voice actors.
- Info-chan's character page lists "Nobody knows what her face looks like, nobody knows her real name". It's not hard to imagine that the images of Info-chan that are available are not her real appearance and they're just there to connect an appearance to the name "Info-chan". Besides, it's also plausible to make use of wigs or accessories to change one's appearance.
- As for why Megami would risk her and her family's reputation by playing Info-chan, it could be because she is well aware of Yandere-chan's nature. Going by that logic, she would be aware that a direct assault on Yandere-chan (whether by reputation or physical attacks) won't phase her and trying to implicate her without any evidence would ruin her reputation because she sounds nuts. By playing Info-chan, Megami can gather evidence on Yandere-chan, learn how she works and kills so that when Megami comes to the school, she can deal with her personally or try to implicate her. Not to mention Info-chan's character description lists that "Nobody knows how she got a dangerous amount of power or influence over a short span of time", which implies that "Info-chan" hasn't existed for very long at Akademi High and getting that much power/influence is easy for Megami to accomplish given her status.
- That doesn't mean that characterization couldn't have changed for Megami and Info-Chan in the meantime. For example, Yandere-Chan started out as a girl who was conflicted about resorting to murder at the very beginning, but by now she's simply an empty shell who felt emotion the first time she met Senpai. Info-Chan started out as being the girl who wanted murder to happen at the school to sell newspapers from her club and changed into being a mysterious broker that can easily pull favors and that nobody at school likes. Therefore, Megami's character could've been changed from just being a "generic Mary Sue class president" into something more fleshed out.
- This is supported by a Word of God statement that each rival will have unique elimination methods, with an implication that Kizana's would involve Fatal Method Acting.
- Someone who spends a lot of time in drama would be able to tell a prop dagger from a real one. Even if she didn't, one nip of pain would cause her to stop what she was doing, if she planned on a collapsible dagger. The old under the arm bit would just have her nicked a bit at worst. The easiest way to kill her would be to poison Juliet's sleeping potion. The actors playing Juliet's family would come out to weep and mourn over her, not realizing that Kizana really is dead. Of course, being in a position to poison the sleeping potion would mean joining the Drama Club in order to get near the props. Perhaps Ayano can eliminate the actor who plays Friar Laurence and due to a shortage of boys in drama they recast Ayano as Sister Laurence, a nun who just wants the fighting to stop. (Yeah, I know nuns can't perform marriages, but they'll just have to go with it.) Perfect opportunity to swap the potion (probably just plain water) with a quick acting poison.
- Do you mean psychotic or psychopathic?
- That tape was recorded WAY before he decided to leave them for his daughter to find. It was likely that he never planned to show it to her until Ryoba caught him, so that he decided to do so while recording the last tape. He even directly address her as "you" in that one.
- Osana Najimi: This will be the toughest to figure out. She and Senpai have known each other since childhood, so it would mean having to sniff out something she never even told Senpai about. Perhaps she's responsible for the death/disappearance of Senpai's childhood pet and never told him. It will be the fact that she lied about it all this time that upsets him the most, though. Or more likely, it will be connected to why Info-chan doesn't like her. It's been hinted that she will get a phone call from someone stalking her and threatening someone she cares about. (Perhaps Senpai is the person she cares about.) Who this person is is yet another WMG. Since driving a rival to murder will be an option, each dark secret will come with someone the rival hates enough to murder. Whoever Osana is on the phone with is probably that person for her.
- It has been revealed the person on the phone is a stalker. (Any bet that he looks like Yandere-Kun?) He could know her dark secret and be threatening her with it. In another twist, maybe he's threatening to harm himself. Osana speaks harshly, but she doesn't really want anyone hurt because of her, not even a creepy stalker.
- Amai Odayaka: Also tough. Too goody-goody to really do anything bad. Perhaps she has a psychological disorder like kleptomania that she tries to make up for by giving people food. An eating disorder would also be appropriate. A porn addiction (yaoi possibly) would be a shocker. If it was simple compulsion, Amai would have no one to blame but herself. Maybe someone knows about an addiction or shoplifting incident and has threatened to tell on her if not paid off. It could be a bully likes to make cutting remarks about her weight that drives Amai to binge and purge. Either scenario could end up with someone's head on a plate with their mouth sewn shut.
- Kizana Sunobu: She might be a hair's breadth from being a yandere herself, only more self-absorbed. Perhaps someone who was prettier, more popular, or a better actress than her literally broke a leg due to Kizana. She might not fall for Yan-Chan's tricks and traps so easily and may even have a few of her own if crossed. The person Kizana tried to get rid of might be back in school, perhaps suffering a bit of Easy Amnesia about the incident. Ayano can convince her that this person has to die before their memory returns and they tell everyone Kizana was the one who hurt her. Tokuko Kitagawa could also be a target.
- Oka Ruto: Being a wannabe witch is no secret. Gotta be even darker. Maybe either self harms or is physically abused at home. Would explain why she covers up so much. It has been hinted that she's not mentally healthy. Perhaps schizophrenic. It's possible that she hasn't been at school because the abuse or self harm was something that couldn't be easily covered up. (Broken bone, black eye, facial wound, etc.)A compulsion like sef harm might be hard to blame on someone else. If she's schizophrenic to begin with, she could be convinced that just about anyone is a demon in disguise and has to die or that a human sacrifice in necessary for some ritual. If she's abused at home, she could be talked into killing her abusive parent/guardian.
- Asu Rito: Maybe too competitive. She doesn't seem cruel enough to eliminate rivals like Kizana, but maybe she took other desperate measures like taking steroids. Or maybe her grades are really terrible but her teachers are bribed to tweak them so she can stay in the club. Or took desperate measures to improve grades like cheating on tests. Another possibility is Trapped by Gambling Debts. Like a lot of athletes, she may have had too much faith in her team. Or maybe someone betting against her is pressuring her to take a dive. Maybe she'll ask Ayano to steal an answer sheet for her if they become friends. The player will then have the opportunity to tell on her and get her expelled, which will work better after Asu has the answer sheet. Ayano could also get her out of debt as she did for Kokona and then have the option of asking her to leave Senpai alone or killing/kidnapping her when her guard's down. (Even a strong person can be taken down by surprise.) She could also be talked into killing the bookie or child of a bookie that's been causing her trouble. Same with a dealer if she's on steroids. She might be tempted to pull a Tonya Harding, but it goes a bit too far and veers into O.J. Simpson territory.
- Muja Kina: Munchausen by Proxy seems about right for her. Or being an angel of death, though considering how clumsy Muja is, it may have been an accident. She might not be old enough to know about Ayano's mother as per an above guess. (Though the regular nurse might be.) And having her know Ayano's a yandere would have her come off as smarter than she looks. If it's Munchausen by Proxy, Ayano may very well have an opportunity to save Senpai's life. It could be a former co-worker knows she killed someone; whether by accident, driven by Munchausen or requested euthanasia. Or maybe a student related to a former patient has suspicions. Either way, someone knows and is holding it over her head.
- Mida Rana: Well, she seduces her students. That's pretty dark. Maybe at her last job she "seduced" a young man whose consent was more than a little questionable. Even if you take age into account. (Japanese age of consent laws tend to be on the low side anyway.) Maybe the last boy she seduced took the relationship more seriously than she did. She got tired of him and broke it off, leaving a heartbroken boy to commit suicide. And that boy has a very upset family member.
- Osoro Shidesu: She's a well-known delinquent. No secret there. Someone mentioned being an Otaku is her secret. Her parents are probably very permissive or not around much. Maybe there's alcoholism or drug use at her home. A serious crime that could land Osoro in foster care if it were revealed. It's also possible that Osoro and/or her friends are the children of Mr. Ronshaku's thugs. Would explain why they tolerate Musume. Another possibility would be that she wants to quit the thug life, which would earn the enmity of other delinquents. Perhaps Senpai has been tutoring her to help her get her grades up and was the first person to treat Osoro like she could be a decent person if she wanted to be. If this is so, you can befriend her by showing her how to use make-up to cover her scar. Though the fanmade trailer has no bearing on the game, it does present an interesting WMG. Maybe the little girl Osoro sits next to on the subway is her sister and the salaryman is her father. Dad works a lot, so Osoro has to look after her sister, putting her in an Angels with Dirty Faces scenario where she wonders if she's being a good role model for her sister. She could be easily talked into killing an abusive/neglectful parent. If she does have a sister, anyone causing her harm is dead meat if Ayano gift wraps them for her.
- Hanako Yamada: Same problem as Osana. She's too much of an open book to Senpai. Maybe her clinginess to Onii-chan isn't so innocent. Maybe she has some indecent photos of her brother or has written M rated real person fic about the two of them. (Bad M rated. The kind a 15 year old virgin comes up with.) Word of God says she doesn't lust after Senpai (he has changed his mind before, though), but maybe there was a scandal at her last school that she somehow managed to keep from him. Maybe she's been in a romantic entanglement that would cause Senpai to say "So, I can't have a girlfriend but you can (fill in the blank) all you want? Forget it!" Whoever she was in a romantic entanglement with or whoever snitched on them might be a tempting target for an emotional young girl.
- Megami Saiko: Perhaps connected to the Phantom Girl in the fountain. Maybe Megami had a twin sister at some point and couldn't stand the idea of someone being equal to her. Or maybe the dark secret isn't about her, but about her father. You don't get that high up without stepping on a few people along the way.
- Partially Jossed. The "Phantom Girl in the fountain" is just a glitch of the laptop Megami's threat comes through.
- Whatever her dark secret is, you can bet it will be darker than dark. The other girls (the ones who are minors) will probably just get put in foster care or sent to rehab or a detention center or perhaps just be a social pariah if their secret is revealed. (If Muja killed anyone, it was probably on accident.) We're talking someone getting sent to prison here.
- And who will she be driven to murder? Ayano Aishi, making this task extremely difficult. You will have to call the police to report an assault, then goad Megami into attacking you violently. You can't be armed because then she can plead self-defense. You better hope the cops get there before Megami finishes you off. Are you willing to bleed for Senpai?
- Possibly Jossed by the text Ayano gets from Info-Chan if she sabotages things so that Senpai rejects Osana's confession. Info-Chan admits she wasn't perfectly honest with Ayano. Possibly, she really has nothing against Osana, she just knew Ayano was in a desperate situation and was willing to do some quid pro quo.
- Even worse, she may be Obfuscating Stupidity in canon.
- What about female Senpai?
- Female Senpai, though being on the Character's page, isn't totally canon yet, and Dev may also be adding a Yandere-kun (also unlikely) so there is a chance that if your "ideal lover" is female, you may be forced to play male.
- Alternatively, Yandere-chan will be cast as Lady Montague.
- I had a thought, and yes, I know you'll hate me for it. If the Photography Club is a shout out to Scooby Doo, then it stands to reason that there will be a shout out to our favorite trope-Hanako's suitor will be Sukubi's younger relative, Sakarapi Dubidu. (He'd probably be changed to Sukubi's brother or cousin instead of nephew, but he'd be in the same grade as Hanako)
- Did Yandere-chan learn the truth about _____? I'm guessing this refers to her parents, but could be about Info-Chan or Megami.
- Did Yandere-chan decide to punish _____? Well, she probably sees everything she does as acceptable punishment for someone daring to love her Senpai. Who specifically would she punish? Perhaps her mother for what she did to her father.
- Maybe Info-chan if she finds out she was lying to her in some way?
- Did Yandere-chan choose to delete the _____? I would say the basement tapes, but those old school cassette tapes are erased or destroyed, not "deleted", a word used more for computer generated works. Could refer to security footage if that becomes part of gameplay.
- Did Yandere-chan reject _____'s offer? I'm guessing the demons could be taking on a larger role. But, perhaps it's Info-chan.
- Did Yandere-chan discover the _____? Basement tapes seems a bit too easy. Yeah, another question that will affect the ending is about finding the basement tapes, so it's gotta be something else. Something big, probably.
Also, you can gain their trust not only by joining their club but by doing tasks for them. Faredo will need help finding his ascot. Dafini has a lavender hair band that's gone missing. Sakubi wants you to help him find his dog tags. (His cousin Yabadu is overseas in the military.) Kusunda misplaced a box of specially flavored Pocky that he was going to give Sakubi for his birthday. Berema can't find her glasses and is Blind Without 'Em. (In a show of "Whoa, technology!" she'll bump into walls and other students if she doesn't have her glasses on.)
One of the male delinquents will have the name Aka Nishin. Faredo will initially blame him for the strange goings on simply on the basis that Aka used to bully Faredo when they were little. If he becomes convinced that it's Yan-Chan behind it all, he'll set a trap for her. Since Senpai and/or the current rival are Yan-Chan's only real interests, the trap will require Sakubi and/or Kusunda to disguise themselves as one of or both of them. (He won't risk the life of his girlfriend or even Berema.) If Yan-Chan tries to chase after Sakubi and/or Kusunda, the hallway will suddenly be filled with doors that are all somehow connected to each other and groovy late 60's/early 70's music will start playing. At some point, they may run into the drama club and use the costumes to try to trick Yan-Chan into thinking they're barbers or waiters or dance instructors and she's their next customer. Yan-Chan will have the option of playing along, or just killing them.
- Confirmed, in part. The Photography Club leader's name is Fureddo Jonzu. It stands to reason the other members will have Shout-Out names.
- Been rethinking it a little. There is a plant called daphne (a sort of ornamental shrub) that's called "dafune" in Japanese. The Greek nymph of the same name also has her name translated as Dafune, so that will probably be the Expy Daphne's name. "Gashagasha" is a Japanese slang term meaning "messy". Perhaps the Shaggy Expy could be called "Gasha-Kun" by his friends. It even sounds a bit like a back formation of Shaggy. Still think Velma would be Berema and Scooby would be Sakubi. (He probably won't lick anyone's face, though.)
- You'll be able to manipulate the situation with her abusive ex-boyfriend and engineer a scenario that results in him snapping and killing her in an If I Can't Have You... moment.
- Specifically, she's going to invoke the Entitled to Have You trope: She finds out Senpai's being stalked, and takes all sorts of measures to protect him, and thinks that means he has to fall for her. She might not take it well when he rejects her, and I'm guessing the unique elimination method will involve Yandere-chan 'defending' Senpai.
- The Delinquent Backstory video implies Genka suspended her for a minor offense to get her out of the school for ten weeks to reform the delinquents.
- Alternatively Megami's Friendship Quest involves Ayano helping her to get rid of "that creepy guy stalking her"
- Alternatively alternatively, Kaga has the Evil personality and Ayano will basically 'matchmake' by helping him kidnap her.
- OK, some things were Jossed. We now know everyone in student council has pepper spray. Not sure if the girl behind the arm is meant to be student council as they wear different uniforms.
- It has been revealed. The person behind the arm is Rival-Chan, now given the name Raibaru Fumetsu. She is a good friend of Osana's and will break your arm if you try to hurt her. Yandere Dev is looking for things to do during Osana's interactions with Taro. Perhaps she could be visiting clubs and trying to find new interests now that she's no longer in martial arts.
First off, the tapes. Why would he leave them all around the school? Sure, he mentions having a daughter and leaving them behind for her, but are we given any proof from Yandere Dev that the daughter actually exists in game? Or that they even go to Yandere-chan's school? Heck, why would he enroll his daughter at a school where he was made a national laughingstock, and where she could soak up some bullying because of that?
To answer these questions, the troper who made the WMG believes that the answers aren't what most people think they are. First off, no one in their right mind would send their children to somewhere they faced national acclaim. It's plausible that the Journalist's daughter wouldn't be enrolled at Akademi to avoid being bullied. If we go with this line of reasoning, it also makes the Journalist's act of leaving behind the tapes give way to new questions, such as "why would he leave them behind if there isn't someone there to get them" and given he definitely was seen by Ryoba, "why would he try to go against the person responsible for ruining his life again". He does express majorly regretting going after her once, so why would he do it once more? Why would he leave the tapes at the scene of his greatest failure and where his worst enemy could find them and place information on them that outright hints his whereabouts?
For these questions, their answer seems simple. He wants them to be found. He wanted to be found by Ryoba. He wanted to get her on the hunt again only to lead her astray so he can try once more to gather evidence on her. How he would get evidence doesn't matter. He could break into her house, try to get some records from the school. Heck, he may even be an unseen antagonist to Yandere-chan, only he's much sneakier than before and thus won't be caught so easily. Given the new video of Yandere-chan's life, it doesn't seem implausible that he somehow gathered evidence on Ryoba (such as psychological and medical records) before her murders and saw that Yandere-chan had the same qualities Ryoba had as a child. Therefore, he would try to go after Yandere-chan as revenge against Ryoba.
As for why he's doing this, despite the earlier notion of "why would he try again", it would be easier on him to collect evidence with her out of the picture (temporarily) and his motive could simply be for revenge. He wants vengeance on the one who ruined his life, and he's willing to hurt/implicate Ryoba's daughter just to get to her.
- Adding on to this from what we've seen in the build videos, it appears that Osana's being threatened by somebody. By matchmaking her with Budo, Osana will have somebody to protect her from them.
- And before you ask, but what about Kokona being a DLC rival? She can't be if she's dead: a) there's no guarantee yet that Dev will do that, and b)the DLC will likely not be canon.
- Did you kill them? Prepare to be haunted. Stay away from where they died, or areas were they spent time, or you may meet an unpleasant fate.
- Did you ruin their reputation or sabotage their relationship with Senpai? Megami will play off their resentment, or the fear that there's somebody dangerous going after Senpai, and recruit them. They'll pitch in to help her in some way, like Osoro becoming her strongman, or Amai helping to put a pleasant face on her new administration.
- Did you befriend them, or set them up with someone else? They'll be willing to do favors to help you deal with the extra pressure, though they won't do anything illegal.
- Did you get them to kill someone? Their stories about your involvement will be "mysteriously" leaked, which can harshly damage your reputation.
- 1: It almost definitely says "Megami is surrounded by bodyguards at all times."
- 2: "????? ??? ? ???? ??????? ??"
- 3: "???????? ???? ??? ???????? ("students"?) ????? ????? ???????"
- 4: The Student Council patrolling the hallways.
Perhaps someone will get killed or injured without Yandere-chan's involvement (one of the student council members, Info-chan, or even Senpai himself, though he'll probably survive since Yandere-chan gets him in most of the endings), and Megami is given reason to suspect Yandere-chan. Finding the true culprit will be one of the prerequisites to getting a non-violent elimination for Megami.
Even if Info-chan isn't a direct rival anymore, if this theory is true, there will probably be a way to discover Info-chan's double dealing and get even. The "Did Yandere-chan decide to punish _____?" might be referring to Info-chan in this scenario.
- My money's on Aoi. She's the one with a confirmed history with Megami, and is certainly loyal enough to lose an eye on her behalf.
- Majority rivals killed: Senpai becomes an empty shell of a person and Ayano takes his silence as consent (Already confirmed at time of writing)
- Majority rivals framed: Senpai will be paranoid that people around him are criminals and be too scared to even think about reject Ayanoa
- Alternatively, he's relieved at her confession because he finally has a "nice, normal girl" interested in him
- Majority rivals rejected: Senpai will be more concerned with reputation and Ayano's behavior, creating harsher penalties for bad conduct
- Majority rivals commit suicide (or staged suicide): Senpai will fear that Ayano will kill herself if he rejects her, so he accepts before she can even finish talking
- Majority rivals matched: Senpai will fear that he is boring or that there is Always Someone Better and will very quickly and eagerly accept Ayano's confession because he is desperate for affection or believes that no one else will ever love him.
- Alternatively, Ayano's confession will be broken into two parts, giving her normal confession before Senpai tells her that she will grow bored of him eventually, resulting in additional heartfelt lines.
- Majority rivals die "accidentally": Senpai becomes more aware of surroundings, will accept Ayano's confession "normally", for lack of better term, and try to keep a watchful eye on her
- Majority rivals befriended: Similar to matched, Senpai fears that people will eventually loose interest resulting in Ayano giving an extra heartfelt confession
- Majority rivals betrayed/kidnapped/end up missing: Senpai will believe he is cursed and will attempt to reject Ayano to protect her, resulting in Ayano rebutting with confidence that she'll be fine, or is willing to overcome danger to be with him, possibly including a line of Dramatic Irony that alludes to the fact that she is the reason so many students are missing.
- Assuming the WMG that Ayano is Megami's target in the driving rival to murder scenario: Ayano wakes up in the hospital to see Senpai. He wants to know why Megami would snap and try to kill someone. Ayano tells him that she was just telling Megami that she liked him when Megami just flipped out and tried to kill her. Ayano will claim she tried to calm Megami down but nothing worked, and that she's now embarrassed that Senpai has to find out her feelings for him this way. Senpai just can't turn down someone who was beaten nearly to death for him. Any previous murders will be strongly suspected to be Megami's doing.
- Somewhat confirmed. Being caught doing any rule breaking, including having a weapon, will get you sent to Kunahito where you can choose a method of explaining your actions. If you aren't a habitual troublemaker, she may believe that you just found a weapon laying around and wanted to put it somewhere safe. Second offences get stricter punishments.
- Seems like the animation is just to make Yan-Chan look even creepier than usual.
- Apparently, it's a way to dispose of a rival by making Horuda think it's that girl's fault she's being bullied. A sort of shortcut method of getting a mind slave. Stolen shoes still isn't a far fetched bullying method.
- Honestly, I think as long the ends justify the means she would be okay with it. Bet her reaction was more along the lines of Why Didn't I Think of That??
In this end, whe won't end with Sempai, but with a possible future with Budo Masuta.
However, Taiso could have a sister who had to give up a baby or a brother who's kind of a deadbeat dad. That would explain the resemblance and awkwardness. Keep in mind, nothing says that the student she's awkward around is Asu....
The lifeguard duty schedule is not public knowledge. If Ayano wants a look at it, she has to either steal it from the teachers' lounge or join the sports club, which might put her in a position of being a lifeguard....hmmm...that would be fun....
- Well, the sports club is here. Even though one's a Jerk Jock, they all seem fairly average as intelligence goes.
Theres also the unknown reason why Mida Rana, the sultry substitute teacher, is allowed to work at teach at Akademi with the way she dresses. Considering how the Saikous want to test Ayanos physical strength as well, keep in mind that all of Akademis faculty must go through extensive training. Given Midas history of seducing teenage boys, this would put in her in a situation where Ayano would deem her a rival for earning Senpais love. Ayano could easily manipulate her peers to ensure that she doesnt have to encounter the faculty, but if she intends to kill Mida, this means that she has to be strong enough to kill a faculty member, which would make an ideal Psycho for Hire for Saikou Corp. Theres also Info-chan, who could potentially be involved as well, since shes the one who convinces her to go after Osana, and provides resources for her to dispose of her rivals, as well as the fact that the Saikous would probably accommodate her for assisting them in their experiment. Theres also the Meaningful Name for the Saikous; their surname means the best in Japanese, but phonetically, it sounds like the word, psycho.
- Budo? He's pretty hot. That could be the door to the martial arts club room.
- Male P.E. Teacher? There could be a new character among the faculty.
- Shuyona? The girls have very weird taste if this is so.
- Senpai? The girls are all dead if this is so.
- None of the above! It's....Gema Taku! This would be almost as weird as Shuyona, but they don't pay attention to him until he gets a make-over.
- Seems like they're just playing a game in the style of Pokemon Go. Still, a functioning fire extinguisher would be neat.
- Change of plans! The extinguisher can now be used as a weapon.
- Seems like they're just playing a game in the style of Pokemon Go. Still, a functioning fire extinguisher would be neat.