First thing first, beware spoilers.
- As of chapter 56... the part about killing Xing at least is confirmed to be a lie.
- The part about wondering whether or not Yue is better than him seems to be true.
- Alternately, in the same flashback, look at the magic sigil... The triangle in a circle? that's Prithvi, the Doberg family emblem. And then a little later in the same volume, Tarras also uses a similar-looking magic circle, that looks completely different from the one Tasha used in volume 1 to summon Xing. So... maybe the combination of badass + Butt-Monkey status is inherited from Tarras?
- Edea Florence is Tasha's mentor, and as the White Witch, is one of the most powerful witch ever to exist.
- Varette is a powerful and ruthless witch who controls shadows.
- Tasha regularly dreams about a much more amiable, if quieter, Varette.
- Instead of a supporter, a very powerful witch may instead have a Sorella, who is something of a second personality. In South's case, her Sorella, Poene, has a distinct personality on her own.
- Poene is a partial opposite of South: Calm and not so trigger-happy. This may mean that Sorellas are different from their 'parent' witches in an opposite kind of way. Now compare Edea and Varette: Edea is the so-called White Witch, while Varette uses darkness. Quite an opposite.
- Halloween was given by Edea to Tasha, and he values Halloween dearly for being a gift. This implies that Tasha values everything Edea has or gave to him as priceless, and that he somehow dream of a kinder Varette suggests Varette served Edea in some way.
- There's the term golden contract, which binds an individual, going so far as giving said bound individual a Fake Memories to allow them to serve their master better. There is a possibility that Varette served North under this golden contract, which somehow explains why Varette in reality is far different from Varette in Tasha's dream.
- Looking at the situation surrounding Etwal, East's Sorella, seems like the theory of Varette being Edea's Sorella is about to get jossed. See below for updated speculations.
- This also helps explain why Tasha occasionally dreams of a friendly Varette. What truly happens is that because Tasha is West's reincarnation, that Tasha's dreaming of Varette is actually West reminiscing about East, or rather, Etwal.
- Going by some suppositions about the soul, since Tasha is West, North likely has devised a plan to revert Tasha into West. This troper supposes that North intends to implant Fake Memories into the resurrected West in order to get her to willingly cooperate with her plans. Alternatively, while North intends to "resurrect" West in the sense that she won't allow her personality to surface, and North will instead manipulate her into allying with her. In fact, as a bonus, see the next WMG.
Alternatively, she did this not necessarily to manipulate Tasha with a Luke, I Am Your Father scenario, but because of some twisted desire to re-educate West, who she sees as having "strayed" from the path of Witches. For example, if she were to revert Tasha to an amnesiac version of West, she could take her in as an apprentice and show her how a "proper" Witch should be. She turns her greatest obstacle into her greatest tool, and as a bonus, gets to satisfy the maternal urges every Witch supplants with an apprentice with what can arguably be said is her actual child.
- Edea Florence is defined by the color white.
- West also appear to wear white.
- When using Moirai's Confinement, Tasha's power manifests, among other things, as magical snowflakes.
- As East notes, West's power can manifest as snow.
- Despite having two masters, Ryuhwan's fighting style remains the same as Tasha's, no matter how much better he is. This means that Edea and West most likely teach the same things.
- Edea may have taken Tasha in under her wing because she knows West, and thus trained Tasha not simply to increase his powers, but make him strong enough to prepare when he eventually finds out who he truly is.
- While I won't argue that Edea most likely has a link to West, I doubt that Edea is West's Sorella in the same vein that Poene is South's Sorella. North rather heavily implies that a Sorella will die if their partner dies, so seeing as West was killed, Edea should have died too if she was West's Sorella. This troper believes Edea could have been an apprentice of West, which is how she knows of the Mana Guns, or shared a similarly close relationship. Given their similar appearances, and a precedent for a similar case of misdirection with the Bairong Triplets, this troper wouldn't find it far-fetched at all if it turned out that Edea Florence and West were twin sisters. Although, taking into account the WMG below, which postulates that Varete is West's Sorella and may have been revived as a result of West being reincarnated, it is possible to argue the same for "Edea is West's Sorella".
- Since West is Ryuwhan's master, this explains how Ryuwhan would know Varete, and how they would come to the conclusion that Varete being alive is proof that so was their master.
- Varete being apparently revived by North would presumably not be possible without reviving her partner, which is why others state that Ryuwhan's master is Not Quite Dead, but not quite her normal self either—because she's currently existing as Tasha Godspell, and thus, not quite herself.
- Varete apparently serving North out of her own free will, despite the latter being directly responsible for her death, can be easily explained if one assumes that Varete is doing it because North promised to resurrect West properly instead of merely reincarnating her.
- And finally, the long-standing question of Tasha's dreams of Varete are finally explained with this theory: Tasha dreams of happy times as West with Varete as her Sorella, likely in what was West's castle. Sorella have very deep bonds. As the reincarnation of West, those feelings exist buried deep within him, and though he isn't aware of their significance, his soul clearly remembers Varete, which is why he longs to be with the person West likely cherished the most in her life.
Perhaps they were simply good friends, like East and West were. Perhaps they were a little closer. Perhaps a lot closer. Perhaps they were once master and disciple. Perhaps they didn't have any such connection, but had mutual respect for each other, perhaps due to some understanding between them. Regardless, the fact that West would staunchly disagree with and oppose North hurt her, which eventually led to West being killed by North and South. This may even led some more credence to said fact: it may be that West was unable to bring herself to fight North without holding back, which got her killed.
Lastly, this may be either the primary motivation for, or part of the reason, that North's plan, as stated by East, is to resurrect West, as part of her final goal to end humanity. Maybe out of guilt for what she did, maybe out of some desire to "rectify" West's "problem" (as stated by a previous WMG), maybe even due to an inability to let go, for one reason or another. And then there's reincarnating West as Tasha Godspell and simultaneously manipulating his life and having her minions looking out for him...
As a bonus, using this WMG as a base, in accordance with any previous WMG that states that North is closely related to Tasha/West, this is the reason why Neptis is a compatible mana donor for Tasha; as North's Sorella, their mana is basically the same, and whether North is somehow related to Tasha or possessed a close bond with West, this allows Tasha to be receptive to Neptis', and thus North's, mana.