As a way of making Rain stronger at certain points in the story, other members of his cluster will die and he (and the other survivors) will gradually grow more powerful.
- Confirmed: Rain kills Snag, and he gets most of Snag's tokens, with Cradle getting the other one, though Love Lost gets nothing.
- It happens again when Cradle tries to drain the cluster's powers for himself. Once Love Lost realizes that Cradle has been manipulating her with personality bleed, she gives Rain all of her tokens. Rain's Blaster, Mover, and Tinker powers wind up at the lowest they've ever been, but his emotional Shaker aura gets such a massive powerup he's able to basically Master dozens of people at once while simultaneously cranking up the emotional pressure one Cradle to the point it can break through his sociopathy and drive him mad with guilt and shame.
- Confirmed: they wind up doing so when March starts trying to hunt down the Undersiders to get at Flechette. Later circumstances conspire to force the Undersiders and Breakthrough to work together often enough they've been called the BreakSiders.
- Confirmed: Tattletale gifts him a Haast's Eagle, a huge bird of prey that is extinct in our reality, but not in one of the many realities that Tattletale has access to...
- Semi-confirmed: Cradle enlists the help of March and several other capes to try to pull this off, trying to capture his clustermates and drain their blood to confuse their shards and transfer their powers to him at full strength. He winds up being foiled (no pun intended) by the combined efforts of Breakthrough, the Undersiders, the Heartbroken, and several other hero teams.