WMG theories for The Death Of One:
Then he extracted Shinji from Unit 01, brought Rei back -pulling her from the time-stream a split-second before her death-, united her soul -which was split between her body, Lilith's and Unit 00-, and transported the trio to his own dimension.
Shinji, Asuka and Rei travelled to one of the planet resorts of Avalon and remained there resting and healing for a while. In that world they found several counterparts of theirs:
- Their alternate selves of Shinji And Warhammer 40 K, Nobody Dies, Last Child of Krypton, Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton, and Gods Angels And Kings got them shocked and impressed due to their badassery.
- Their alternates of Children of an Elder God and Thousand Shinji freaked them out (TDOO Shinji thought TD was a jerk. But then TD Shinji said "When my Asuka needed me I returned to her. What did you do other than running and hiding, kid?" and Shinji shut up).
- Their counterparts of Higher Learning, Once More with Feeling, The Second Try, RE-TAKE and Doing It Right This Time talked them about their time-travelling adventures... and DIRTT Shinji, Asuka and Rei shared with them the secret of the "Israfel Special".
- Their selves of The Second Try and The Child of Love introduced Aki and Teri to them.
- Their alternates of The One I Love Is and HERZ, Walking in the Shadow of Dreams and Evangelion 303 made them wondering what kind of lives they could have led in other worlds.
- Their selves of Advice and Trust made them cringing by showing what could have happened if they had not ruined a simple kiss.
- And their counterparts of Scar Tissue and A Crown of Stars taught them that things could be way worse... but even then, it is possible finding happiness.
While they are talking to their counterparts and having therapy Daniel is working on The Death Of One timeline to set thigs right and is getting ready to stomp SEELE. The Super Robot Wars army has offered their assistance, but before travelling to that timeline they visit the "The Death Of One" Shinji, Asuka and Rei. Super Robot Wars Shinji, Asuka and Rei meet their TDOO selves and introduce them to Kouji Kabuto, Ryoma Nagare, Amuro Rei... and very especially Noriko Takaya and Simon the Digger. They also tell the TDOO Children they do not need to fight anymore if they do not want.
The campaign is successfull, SEELE gets defeated, all Evas are destroyed only in case, and the trio is capable to return to their world to try live peacefully from now on.