Had Jordan not been retired, the Tunes would have abducted Magic Johnson
- Think about it- Magic Johnson had retired due to his HIV status but still stayed in playing shape. He would have been a natural plan B.
- But it never happened to happy dreaming.
Looney Tunes: Back in Action is really a continuation of this movieAfter the ending of Michael Jordan winning the game after coming off a spaceship, the world finds out about the Toons. Soon the WB gets them to be Animated Actors to get them under thumb while the Toons get to be free to roam around and start bussinesses with their profits. The Acme Corporation was a real business and the effect of having the Toons come in changed their operating procedures. The CEO went mad after finding out he could squeeze out as much money as he could out of Wile E Coyote and soon wanted to rule the world. Bugs, as the most popular toon, made a mad bid for power that resulted in the ending of Back in Action.
- Weird, Word of God has it that it was a anti-Space Jam movie.
- Plus, Mr. Chairman pretended to be Michael Jordan (using footage from Space Jam) in disguise, confusing the heroes ("This doesn't make a lick of sense."), which implies that Space Jam didn't happen in and out-of-universe.
This movie was right around the time the Looney Tunes characters started to resent having signed lifetime contracts with Warner Bros.Hence some of the Biting-the-Hand Humor in a couple parts.
- Not confirmed as it may be simply just for what it is: Humor.
Space Jam was just a really bizarre dream that Michael Jordan was having.Gotta lay off on the Red Bull, man!
- There's no real evidence that it's a dream, and the red bull never gave Michael Jordan wings.
The Fat Albert movie takes place in the same universe as Space Jam.Both have cartoon characters perfectly aware they're fictional characters, and their world where their shows/episodes take place exist in another dimension, separated from the real world. And the action going on in their world can be seen in the real world via TV. The troubled-teen-of-the-week mentioned being a guest star on Looney Tunes.
- That goes for The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle.
Looney Tune Land is Wonderland.And Bugs is the rabbit. Michael Jordan went down a rabbit hole and met all of them. So either Michael Jordan went to Wonderland or he was using drugs.
- There's no evidence that he's using drugs but the Wonderland actually seems fairly plausible. Michael is Alice.
The Nike commercials happened after the movie.This would make the most sense, given how Jordan often has a camradarie with the Looney Tunes within the commercials themselves (e.g. doing Bugs's patented Reverse Psychology on Marvin the Martian right alongside Bugs in this commercial). In Space Jam, he's surprised by their existence and has to be convinced that he's actually seeing them. From this evidence, it becomes clear that Space Jam simply shows how they met, and the commercials show later adventures that Jordan went on with the Looney Tunes.
Lola doesn't actually have bunny boobiesShe just has a very fluffy poof of fur on her chest.
- Adding to this, her real bunny boobies come in 8's.
- This is a very weird WMG to make as she clearly has them, but anyways, both of those are jossed. She has them◊. And before any of you might suggest "but what if they're just shaped that way"? Well, she's an anthropomorphic character, and even for a toon getting your fur to shape that way doesn't make sense. The artists can design her however they want and there's no real indication that they're fake or that she has multiple bunny breasts. Her nipples are covered by fur for the censors.
the Monstars go through the Hero's JourneyWhen Swaghammer sends them to kidnap the Looney Tunes, that's the Call to Adventure.
- Blanko asks "what if they can't come?" and is threatened by Swaghammer, that's refusal and acceptance.
- The Nerdlucks travel to Earth and enter the unknown.
- When Bugs challenges them to a basketball game and tells them about the NBA, Bugs becomes their spiritual guide.
- The Nerdlucks do the trials by hunting down and taking the talent from the NBA players offscreen.
- When the Nerdlucks become the Monstars that is their death and rebirth.
- After the game the Monstars have their transformation when they realise they're bigger than Swaghammer.
- They atone when they launch Swaghammer top the moon
- Finally they return when they give the talent back to the NBA players and become the Nerdlucks again
The Nerdlucks died at the end of the movieThe last we see of them (barring the after-credits scene) is them being blown apart by Nawt (the red one) mimicking Elmer, and their eyeballs bouncing everywhere. While this could easily be dismissed as typical harmless cartoon violence, the fact that the Nerdlucks/Monstars have never appeared in anything since this film (despite their request to join the Looney Tunes) could suggest that Nawt actually killed them.
Sequel WB Cameos
- The Mask
- The Riddler
- Lord Business
- Max Rocktansty
- Agent Smith
- Finn and Jake
- Mordecai and Rigby