There will be a sequel to the gameThese kinda games have been getting a somewhat cult following on YouTube, so why not make more of them? And that whole thing with Gateway 31 and the polar, feathered bear, it wouldn't make sense to just cut the series here.
- Somewhat confirmed. Not a direct sequel, but set in the same universe. SIMULACRA: Pipe Dreams has similar themes.
- Fully confirmed with the release of SIMULACRA 2.
Tobias is secretly the Simulacra
The Simulacra is working with IRIS
The Simulacra is responsible for the events of Sara is MissingThis explains all the plot similarities:
- Anna and Sara are so similar because the Simulacra specifically goes after weak people like them.
- It created the IRIS OS in order to spy on potential victims. The glitches in S.I.M. are also the Simulacras doing.
- The seemingly-Satanic cult actually worships the Simulacra, and kills people to help it assimilate. This could be why Irizu claims they dont 'kill'; in the cultists mind, they are allowing the worms to be assimilated. Given how highly the Simulacra regards itself, almost like a god, and its Eldritch Abomination nature, it wouldnt be a stretch for it to have fanatical followers helping to bring about its utopia.
- As for Irizu, they could be a follower of the Simulacra, the creator, or even the Simulacra itself in human form/possessing someone. This would explain why Irizu and IRIS have similar names; IRIS was created by Irizu/Simulacra.