OK, bear with me, it might not seem so at first glance but it makes soooo much sense when you think about it. So, many people find Murfy annoying. What if this included some of the people making Rayman 3? And the game ended up that way because they used this conflict constructively and brilliantly brought it in the game in the form the antagonism between Murfy and the manual?
Wait, don't go! Don't believe me? I have evidence, my friends:
- the antagonism carries to the actual, physical, dead-tree manual, where Murfy (and Murfy alone) is described in a very bad light, going as far as to suggest Murfy only got the coach role from string-pullingwhich immediately prompts a footnote from Ubisoft stating these comments are the sole responsibility of the manual. Moreover at some point the manual becomes more familiar and reveals tips to get more points that it specifically mentions are not given by Murfy in-game, so it seems to be trying to get our favor.
- The Press Release mentions that Murfy can spy into Hoodlum camps undetected and come back with advice, but as we know Murfy is no longer seen after the Fairy Council in the actual game. This likely means this role was actually written, and possibly implemented, but ready to be cut in the final editing of the game (which they did) as the debate was likely still ongoing and they decided at the last moment.
- Conversely, in you look at the in-game "cutscene" where they find the first powerup, there is a fade to black and back between the part that involves Murfy and the second part where Rayman is alone. The most likely explanation is that the cutscene scripts and other such scripts were planned so that they could easily take out Murfy from the game entirely without affecting the important parts.
All this shows there was a fundamental debate in Ubisoft between the pro-Murfy and the pro-manual that continued as the game was developed, with in some aspects all options being kept open until the last minute where the compromise we know (Murfy only in the Fairy Council) was applied, and in other aspects the debate being brought to the game in front of the player in the form of the antagonism between Murfy and the manual. I cannot imagine this opposition being written deliberately, there has to have been a parallel internal debate in the dev team for the game to have ended up that way.
- Jossed, they're the same person, as Rayman 3 has connections to Rayman 2.
- Well, considering EVERYONE in Rayman's world has hands like that...
- At least in the first game they do.
- Well, considering EVERYONE in Rayman's world has hands like that...
- Jossed, they're still alive. Have you even played Rayman Origins?
Was Globox as a child, mischievous. Actually, Globox was abandoned as a child for being deformed (too big for his age), and was dumped on Raymans planet.
- Jossed; Rayman Origins takes place after Rayman 2.
Something horrible happens at the end of origins, which causes globox to be seperated from rayman. Globox ends up in a forest on the planet he came from, where he meets Uglette, is able to move on from the trauma and the two become mates. Globox still wonders where rayman is, and the two scout to find him. After his children are born, he becomes tied down to the forest he lives in and let's rayman go. This happens over a few years, kind of like the period Simba spends out of the loop with Timon and Pumbaa.
The events of rayman were seen through raymans eyes. He had the mentality of a small child.Behind the curtians, Betilda was pulling many strings to help rayman, acting as a kind of Mama Bear. Rayman also considered her mommy figure of sorts.
After Rayman 1
Sometime after globox has settled down, rayman starts questioning his roots. Betilda tries to read his mind, tells him about globox, causing rayman to remember. As she does this, she also learns of Raymans purpouse, but neglects telling him, not wanting to lay that burden on him, especially because of his wish to find globox. She let's him go out into the world on his own.
Rayman learns that globoxes species is based on the other planet. As a token of gratitude for saving the electoons, the great protoon sends him there.On his journey, he meets the characters he greets as old friends in Rayman 2 (like clark and ssssam). He also meets Ly, who gives him his energy ball throwing ability (the gravity of the planet differs, rayman cant toss his fists). This journey also lasts a few years, in which time raymans planet, and betilda, are invaded and killed by the robo-pirates. Rayman is oblivious to this.
Ly is told by Polokus that the robo-pirates are coming, and learns of raymans importance. She tries to seek out rayman, but becomes caught up trying to keep as many people alive as she can. She is wherever there is an attack. Rayman is still oblivious to the entire existence of the robo pirates, as is globox.
Rayman and globox meet, the group spend the night together but wake up to find the forest is under attack. Ly is there trying to gather survivors. Rayman tries to fight, but is given a severe electric shock that knocks him out. Globox is also caught. The pirates attempt to get uglette and the kids, but are foiled by Ly's interference and the difficulty of rounding up the kids. Ly is able to free globox and his family, but the pirates prioritize rayman, realizing he must be important, and Ly is unable to free him.
Ly is then shot and captured. While she is weak and is limited in casting magic, she tosses a lum to globox. Rayman's power. While globox carries this lum, she is able to communicate with him telepathically.
Globox and his family escape, and after a few days globox is contacted by Ly, telling him that the lum must be returned to rayman. Globox eventually agrees to get himself arrested to give the lum back. Rayman has been interrogated but has told the pirates nothing. Globox is tossed in raymans cage, claiming he can make rayman talk.
Events of rayman 2 happen...Theres a reason globox children are found in the woods of light. They were waiting for dad.When captured the third time before the final boss, he might have had a third lum for rayman that let Ly know he was in danger and get down safely before the ship was destroyed. It does not make him any less brave for leading rayman on, since it seems only Ly can start the communications.
Rayman MUglette divorces Globox for reasons of spending too much time with rayman or something.Dark Globox is how he percieves uglette after this.You be the judge◊
Still Divorced. Not happy about it. Has resorted to Snark. May be a small time drinker (aside from the plum juice andre forces him to drink).May be on third planet or in the futureTeensies are still around, as are statues of Ly and the pirates.
- Seemingly Jossed. The Glade of Dreams is actually a mutually shared Dream World. Hell, it's literally called The Glade of Dreams, aka the Crossroad Of Dreams. Rather than being a physical place it's more likely that Rayman and potentially the other characters (the others may be residents that are born inside the Glade of Dreams) are simply dreaming of the place. Yes, this would mean that at the beginning of the game, we see Rayman having a Dream Within a Dream.
- Apparently, Rayman Origins isn't exactly a prequel, again putting continuity into a mess. It's apparently set somewhere after 2 though, so the lack of limbs are explainable.
- I dunno. Unless Mr. Dark shows up in Legends, he's definitely dead.
- Nah, not for Legends. The story of that seems to be about more Lividstones.