Those two bits of info sound too coincidential to not be foreshadowing. What if, unbeknownst to her, Annelotte is not actually the daughter of Margrave Kreuz but instead daughter of the lord of the underworld, thus giving her blood ties to Aldra, and the Margrave was prejudiced in some way by this, leading her to lie to Annelotte about her past?
Of course, there's also the possibility that I am thinking too hard about this. ._.
- In fact, This was confirmed in the ongoing illustrated stories that Aldra is in fact Annelotte's sister.
- There's her love of fish sausage, the fact that she has cat's eyes and fangs, along with her vulnerability to catnip powder. Even her running speed. In the Hide & Seek manga, it's also shown that cats are naturally drawn to her. She also curls up like a cat, when she sleeps.
- It might also explain her acute fear of wolves. Though it's never been shown whether she actually has a fear of dogs, or not.
- Several characters have made note of this, including her sister, Claudette, as well as Melona and Menace.
- Somewhere in the Vance family's bloodline, there must have been an actual Cat Girl whose genes have somehow carried over to Elina. It would certainly explain where she gets it from.
- Considering how vast her array of powers are, the fact we know nothing about her past, we haven't seen any other Slimes, and the hints dropped that she may be the oldest character in the series, her true nature could be something a LOT nastier.