WMG for Mama, the 2013 horror film.
- Except if she were really biologically male, it's highly unlikely that she would have been called by a female name back then since no one would even acknowledge such a thing. They probably would have recorded her as male with a male name since they'd think her wanting to be female was just a delusion.
- The name was pronounced ED-Dith and it's a boy's name.
- Actually, it could be that maybe Edith had both Down Syndrome and Marfan Syndrome.
- Javier Botet, the actor who played Mama/Edith, actually does have Marfan Syndrome. Relatively little CGI was used for most shots of Mama. The long limbs and fingers and odd range of motion are all Botet.
Further, if Edith's dream sending is accurate, she had her draining, corruptive touch even before she became a ghost. Perhaps Fuchi and Edith spring from a common source - an Ur-hag mother spawning female monsters and monsters-to-be across the world and throughout history.
- Perhaps Edith was related to the Slender Man? Tall and gangly, with long thin arms and legs, and a penchant for carrying children away...
- This does somewhat explain the ending in that she crosses over, when technically, supernatural means aside, she shouldn't be able to do that, along with the fact she doesn't leave behind remains (odd are)