The Legend Beasts may not have drank the chi water, but the energy emitted from it was enough to change them, increasing their size, strength, possibly their intelligence and lifespan-perhaps even making them immortal.
Their is also a possibility of their being a population of Legend Beasts, the eagle one having eggs seems to imply this.
The way the nanites affect the animals involves reconstructing their bodies as well as adding biomechanical additions. They also have a database of knowledge that they imbue them with, note how the Scorpions, Spiders and Bats immediately knew what chi was and were able to talk after being infected.
- Or alternatively, Ninjago takes place centuries after Chima and the Serpentine are the only living tribe left.
- The large gem on Pythor's chest looks convincingly like a chi.
- Funnily enough, this theory may have some credence. Ninjago's 5th season features a Macguffin known as the Realm Crystal, which allows one to travel across dimensions. Chima turns out to be one of those dimensions, making a cameo during the final battle with Morro and the Preeminent, where Lloyd and Morro end up in Chima, when Episode 15 took place. This gives potential for crossovers, though it seems that Chima's chronology takes place quite some time after Ninjago's, which could mean trouble in terms of continuity, due to both shows having a focus on serialized storytelling.
- Reports confirm that there is also a fox tribe in Legends of Chima. What more proof do you need?
Why not? It will make an interesting twist if it turns out to be true.
- And since it's pretty obvious that Shadow Wind is an Expy of Rider X from Speed Racer, this makes the idea even more plausible.
- If it is true, then this might bring an awkward love triangle to Laval and Eris.
- Jossed. He's his uncle.
- Hmm... Laval has spiky hair, wields a sword, and rides a motorcycle. Coincidence? I think not!
- Jossed, Crominus was captured, and the real villains are the Dark Tribes and Lavertus (Whatever he's planning...).
- Off by one generation.
- Barely a guess and more like a spoiler (hence the tag). A building set features a minifig identified as Shadowind but with the same fur tones as Lavertus. Also, the latter was shown being absent without explanation while the former was saving the Crocodiles from a Spider attack. And an unofficial Lego wiki has a photo of Lavertus wearing Shadowind's armor without the mask.
- Confirmed in "The Legend Thief".
- Think about it. Her and Rogon are not going out anymore and Laval is looking like he's going to be with Li'ella and I can't see her going out with Cragger, Gorzan and Bladvic. Worriz could happen but if I have to pick between the two I will think Razar will have the better chance. And plus they're both bird so there's that.