To those who don't know, Accelerationism is a sociopolitical theory the exposits that the best way to implement radical change is not by fighting a system, but exacerbating the status quo's core components until it collapses under its own weight. It is less a political system to fall back on and more of a method of instituting change. It's like when society's core is centered around capitalism, you remove any and all regulation and let capitalism run wild until it causes an economic collapse. One could argue that Accelerationism is what makes Extremist ideologies what they are, so it would make sense that the personification of Accelerationism would know how to rally ideologies so volatile and uncomplimentary as the Extremists.
Or perhaps he really is possessed by the ghosts of Kim Jong-il, Ayn Rand, Julius Evola, and Che Guevara, but the cocktail of four extremely different ideologies in conflict would turn Jreg into the avatar of Accelerationist in that chemical "Thesis + Antithesis = Synthesis" sort of way, much in the same way that Political Nihilist and Apepolitical used their Power of Apathy to turn Anarcho-Communism into Post-Left and the Anti-Extremist's venom almost turned Libertarian into Neo-Liberalism.
- While not quite Confirmed, Centricide 8 does see Jreg and Radical Centrist merge to form Accelerationist, so this theory was onto something.
By contrast, Authleft and Authright are very much against the status quo, both being collectivist instead of individualist tendencies and holding onto a concrete narrative as opposed to the post-modernism that runs amuck in the neoliberal world order. Authleft cares less for social values than Ancom and is, therefore, more concerned about ending centrist capitalism while Authright cares more for traditional social values and is more interested in ending the elite that promotes progressive values and individualism. It's even hinted Authright could have left like Ancom and Ancap earlier if world elites promoted traditionalism alongside capitalism.
The ideology in question is an anarchist form of market socialism (a system of free markets between worker-owned cooperatives) and it seems the most appropriate way by which anarcho-capitalism and anarcho-communism can be reconciled. Alternately...
- Averted, Mutualist in the (Left) Anarchist episode is revealed to be his own character.
- Expanding on the above, here are some potential alternate extremist combinations to Nazi + Commie = Nazbol (specifically ones that would also help beat Horseshoe Centrist):
- Nazi + Commie + Ancom + Ancap = Anarcho-Nazbol, Distributist or Sorelian (which combines syndicalism, nationalism, Marxism and the American individualist spirit)
- Ancom + Ancap = Mutualist (Mutualism(s) has appeared as his own ideology, but that didn't preclude Nazbol from emerging from a Fusion Dance).
- Nazi + Ancom = National Syndicalist (Jossed, the fusion of the quadrants is Anarcho Fascism or National Anarchism).
- Ancom + Ancap + Commie = Market Socialist
- Nazi + Commie + Ancap = Social Nationalist (praise for competition, self improvement and maintaining the capitalist system, but also advocates national collectivism and a one-party state that still provides for the people).
- Ancom + Ancap + Nazi = Also National Syndicalist or Romantic/Utopian Nationalist
- Commie + Ancap = Socialist With Chinese Characteristics/Maoist
- Nazi + Ancap = Authoritarian Capitalism or Pinochetism
Should the four extremes need to pick an anti centrist ideology, they'll choose Distributism since while he's not overly extreme, he is the opposite of the Neoliberal status quo which is secular (which Auth Right hates), individualist (which Auth Left and Auth Right hate), free-market (which Auth Left and Lib Left hate), but very much willing to use the state in regulations (which Lib Right hates), pursuing international trade and promoting liberal social values (which all four hate).
- Existentialist, represented by an Anti-Nihilist that is greatly disturbed by Political Nihilist and ends up joining the extremists' team just to oppose him.
- Absurdist, best buddies (If a vitriolic one) with Existentialist. Might try to dissuade Political Nihilist, with mixed results.
- Surrealist, a Cloud Cuckoo Lander that would leave everyone else confused, and act as a Wild Card of the group.
- Humanist, The Only Sane Man of the group who tries desperately to call some sense into the wackier ideologies, and is hated by Nazi and Hoppean for obvious reasons.
- Anti-Humanist/Misanthrope, who would be, well, a Misanthrope Supreme and arch-enemy of humanist. Hated by just about every ideology, except maybe Primitivist who he would try to take advantage of his hatred of modern civilization to work alongside him, not mentioning he wants every human wiped out, not just a majority of them.
It is likely that in the World of Ideologies (I would prefer to call it "the World of Ideas" after the Platonic concept, this being an ethereal realm where the marketplace of ideas exists), Centrists come into existence to protect the ruling ideology at the time (in the current centricide's case, Neoliberalism). Ideologies that contradict the ruling ideology strong enough (the Extremists) purge the centrists and the only ideology that remains takes the throne and becomes the new center ideology. Newer centrists manifest to protect that new status quo and ideologies old and new manifest to fight it and the cycle begins again.
While it has been confirmed that Political Nihilist is officially dead and in Hell according to Word of God, it is likely that this is either a temporary state for ideologies and the Political Nihilist will come back to life when Political Nihilism as an ideology becomes popular again, or the old Political Nihilist will stay dead while a newer, fresher incarnation will emerge to fill its role, similar to the Endless in The Sandman.
After all, while the Dead Centrist could technically be considered an ideology as simply being "the Centrist", the other centrists are less ideologies and more flimsy justifications and logistical fallacies that justifies centrism as a concept. Radical Centrism is just being flexibly left and right in your activism, horseshoe theory dismisses the idea of there being sides in any debate, political nihilism is apathy to praxis, apoliticism being apathetic to political discourse (or in Apepolitical's case, being violently opposed to), anti-radicalism being against any form of change on principle, to be "moderately" on anything being adverse to actually picking sides over being a fence-sitter, etc. This can be one of the reasons why the Centrists reject Lil Nazbol, since the Centrists exist to justify centrism while Lil Nazbol is an actual ideology with actual ideas of his own that he is willing to defend by himself.
This could also explain why Anti-Centrist doesn't actually do anything in the field. While he could just be a leader by nature, he is so used to having others fight his battles for him that without the Extremists to rally for him under false pretenses, he would not know what to do with himself. Radical Centrist exists to motivate the other centrists to practice political discourse, so he is a natural at motivating people to his cause. Anti-Centrist, however, chose to ally himself with the Extremists, who are passionate and outspoken by their nature as extremists and therefore do not need much motivating and controlling them under a veil of false-promises and empty threats, something that Jreg himself has joked as being an explicitly centrist tactic to maintain the status quo.
Besides, when the centrists die, their bodies implode in on themselves and leave no corpse (though Apepolitical's monkey-suit came into the Anti-Centrist's possession). Yet the Dead Centrist did have a corpse. Or rather, a photo of a corpse, so how are we certain that that was the Dead Centrist's corpse?
- Jossed. Radical Centrist killed Dead Centrist to radicalized the other Centrists into action.
It is likely that much like how Ancapistan was founded through Libertarian-Right solidarity, "Centricide 6.5" will feature the Authoritarian-Right creating their own Egopolis that represents the Nationalists. Maybe they might call it "the Nation-State of Nationalists" or "Ethnostate Ethnostate" as a reference to Jreg's earlier videos.
Anyway, the dynamics of the Authoritarian Right operates differently that Libertarian Right. While both have darwinistic tendencies, Libertarian-Darwinism is based on profit and on-paper meritocracy over any actual emotional animosity to other people. Fascism however is a bit more esoteric than that. Nazi for instance believed that gene different from him is both inferior to his own and is an existential threat to him. With no one outside of the Authoritarian-Right to antagonize, he will begin seeing enemies where there are none, insulting and belittling each of them until he snaps and outright tries to holocaust all of them.
- Kinda Jossed: The extremes reunite in episode 8 and kill Accelerationism, and with the centrists dead are free to take over as they see fit. However they decide not to turn on each other again, which means they've restored the status quo of their friendship, which is a centrist act.
- Jossed: He only takes out Accelerationism with a nuke.
- Posadist would obviously side with Jreg; what's a more extreme ideology than "I want to cause nuclear war for post-apocalyptic socialism"?
- Anarcho-Monarchist would likely side with Jreg too. He could be seen as someone who simultaneously fills both the authoritarian and libertarian axis at the same time.
- Transhumanist would likely side with the Radical Centrist. Transhumanism isn't even a political ideology and either side could help him achieve that robot dick, however the Radical Centrist could convince him centrism is the most stable political position for humanity to eventually achieve transhumanism.
- Anarcho-Primitist could go either way. He's clearly extreme, however Radical Centrist could convince him that politics are a modern invention, and Centrism is the closest he could get to true primitive status.
- Conglomerate Compass. While Jreg represents the edges of the political compass, Conglomerate Compass represents the actual axis of the political compass. Which also makes him the most powerful. However he's an All-Powerful Bystander as centrist, anti-centrist, moderate and extreme, they don't matter so long as they promote politics.
- Radical Extremist. Similar to Jreg, but instead of representing the corners of the political corner he vouches for the edges of the compass' axis; essentially he's North, East, South and West on politics. He wants extremism like Jreg, but isn't focused on centrism. They're Red Oni, Blue Oni, him being the blue. Instead of appealing to corner ideologies, Radical Extremist appeals to pure authoritarianism/anarchism/right/left.
- Oxymoronic Extremist. The Oddball Doppelgänger of Radical Extremist, who represents contradictory political ideologies. He and Radical Extremist want to get Lil' Nazbol, because he is both full authoritarianism by way of balance and far-left and far-right at the same time. He likes Jreg because he's contradictory, being anarchist, communist, fascist and capitalist all at once.
- Alien Centrist. An Eldritch Abomination who represents theoretical ideologies for aliens and alternate dimensions; he's an alien because extraterrestrial life would likely have different moralities, and thus politics that simply wouldn't work on a human level like Hive Mind capitalism. He's the Great Gazoo and is betting his chips on the superior meta-ideology. After all, he's not too concerned if humans wipe themselves out over ideologies. Posadist will try to hijack and take over the other ideologies by appealing to him.
- Anti-Politician. Beyond just Ape-Political, the Anti-Politician has active disdain and hatred towards all politics. He's the guy Jreg and Radical Centrist must Enemy Mine over, or else Anti-Politician will create a world where no politics can exist. He's an Omnicidal Maniac who wants to annihilate all sentient life to prevent politics from ever emerging. He will be defeated when he realizes without politics, he loses all meaning and will vanish in a Puff of Logic. He'll tempt Anarcho-Primitist to betray the Wackies under the misguided belief that primitive humanity would not have any politics.
- Traditionalist. A mix of moderate and extremist due to the changes in values, he embodies classical political ideologies that predate Jreg's extremes. His four ideologies are Monarchism, Democracy, Theocracy and Imperialism.
- Futurist. The opposite of Traditionalist, Futurist embodies political ideologies that could potentially become mainstream in the future, and are hard to implement now. His four would be Globalism (the idea of a one world nation), Meta-Nationalism (a sort of nationalism where all countries should be self-determinant), Post-Statism (the idea that a collapse of civilization will allow a new, superior civilization and government to emerge) and Technocracy (technology, be it transhumanism or not should be an integral facet of of politics and the government).
- Jossed. Nazbol is seen helping take out Radical Centrist and Anti-Centrist's fusion of Accelerationism] and is lumped in as an auth left.
- Jossed. He's the only one to stay loyal to the cause until Anti-Centrist reveals his true colors and abandons 'him'.