The Two FBI agents blacklisting Indy were double agents covering their own ass.Why else would they be there conveniently to accuse Indiana of treason? Plus Indy subtly accused them of such a crime.
- FBI: Don't wave your war record in our face Colonel Jones. We all served.Jones: No kidding. Which side were you on?
- This was during the Red Scare. Need I say more?
Indy's friend, General Ross, is 'Thunderbolt' Ross's fatherAlternatively, General Ross from Crystal Skull is General Thunderbolt Ross grandfather. Also, Indys General Ross had at least two children, a son and a daughter, the son being Thunderbolts father. The daughter married a man with the last name of Rockwell and they also had son who grew up to be a high ranking member of the World Security Council, who happens to be an Identical Grandson to the elder General Ross.
- Taken even further, if the Indiana Jones franchise is indeed set in the same universe as the Marvel Cinematic Universe, then maybe Irina Spalko is nothing more than a weak and powerless fragment of the evil death goddess Hela's conciousness that has broken free and taken human form during her millenia long imprisonment who tried to gain more knowledge and power, explaining why they look identical, both characters being played by Cate Blanchett.
- Another argument which backs up this theory is that in Captain America: The First Avenger, Red Skull mentions that the Führer is digging for trinkets in the desert and that he has an obsession with the occult. So maybe the Hitler mentioned in The First Avengers and the one seen in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade are actually the same one?
The reason for Nuking The Fridge working...Shiva, Jehovah, and Jesus owed him one for protecting the artifacts they produced. Shiva was forever grateful for Indy returning Shiva Linga to the desolate village. Jehovah was grateful for him doing all he can to keep the Ark of the Covenant out of evil hands. Jesus was grateful that he used the Holy Grail for purer means than what the Nazis and Walter had in mind. So during their annual All Myths Are True meeting in the afterlife, they watched over earth and noticed what was going on in Nuke Town. One of them said "Hey isn't that the guy that was protecting our stuff?" So they protected him from the blast. Why else was the fridge the only thing that was still intact, let alone with Indy safe inside.
- The residual effects of the Holy Grail from the previous movie may have helped matters too.
The fridge was not an ordinary fridgeIt was built as a special panic room from the artifacts from the secret warehouse and the nuke test would have tested it, but Indiana Joes just threw out the measuring instruments and went in himself. The FBI agents were mainly motivated by the Red Scare, but also a little bit at least from him messing with the experiment.
Warden Morgan from The Dresden Files saved Indy.He'd come onto the test site luring a skinwalker to its death-by-nuke, and overheard Indy banging around inside the prefab house looking for a hiding place. Morgan quickly turned invisible, slipped into the house, dragged the fridge into the Nevernever in the nick of time, then popped back to our world before the fridge's iron components could infuriate any nearby fey. Not wanting Indy to realize what happened, he choose a point of return that involved a modest drop - say, twenty feet - and used his earth-manipulating powers to make it look like the fridge had hit the ground a lot harder than it actually did.
"The space between spaces" is an inadvertent verbal Brown Note.That would explain people's irrational hatred of that line, and their inability to explain their hate beyond vague bull that doesn't answer the question, like, "Well, it's proof of what a horrible screenwriter Lucas has become."
The Holy Grail rejuvenated Indy's body, allowing him to be much more active in his 60's than an ordinary personAfter drinking from the Holy Grail back in "Last Crusade", Indy's body was supercharged by its healing powers, essentially giving him perfect health for a man his age. And while Indy has aged normally, his muscles, immune system, and cardiovascular system are still in near-perfect condition, allowing him to run faster, hit harder, and endure what would otherwise seriously hurt, cripple, or maim a man his age. However, the effects would inevitably wear off, as Henry Jones, Sr. eventually die of old age despite drinking from the Grail as well.