The unnamed undercover Toppat Agent in "Complex" is Smith
In both Airship and Complex, a character named Smith is mentioned. In "Airship", he is evidently a member of the Toppat Clan, and has a wife who has just gone into labor. In the Ghost Inmate
route of "Complex", he is apparently working at the Complex, since the guards down at the dock think the fleeing Henry is actually Smith, going off to see his family. The same game, during the The Betrayed
ending, reveals that the Toppat Clan has a mole inside the Complex. Put one and one together and it's not too hard to guess that this mole is most likely Smith.
This would help to explain how well Henry does in the successful endings: he just brute forces all the choices, jumping to another timeline when he messes up. This would also make every ending and fail of every game canon, explaining the aversion to Cutting Off the Branches
and the use of Schrödinger's Gun
The sixth game will feature another Gadget Gabe
device... which will work.
It's too good a joke to pass up.
's playthrough of Complex
, he wonders why Henry didn't just flash out of the complex to start with. My reasoning is that the choices the player selects are random selections of said Superpower Lottery
, with each power lasting a short time.
(Note: This is an crackpot theory.)
- Why else would Ellie be in The Wall? Because she was a part of a notorious mercenary group.
How did she get caught? She got distracted by overhearing two soldiers waxing philosophy. Most members of her group tend to love that in a man.
- Alternatively, she could have the HAVEN trooper costume as one of her gadget options for the final game.@Love 777
The true canon endings are...
Moneybag->Badass->Undetected->Pure-Blooded Thief->Convict Allies. If a singular timeline is ever nailed down, it will go through those endings.
- Moneybag is the only successful ending of Bank.
- Badass is the only ending in Prison where Henry steals a police car. This car later appears in the beginning of Airship, making it canon that Henry stole it for all paths in the game.
- Henrys scooter is destroyed in the Aggressive ending of Diamond, yet reappears at the beginning of Airship - thus Aggressive is non-canon. From there its a toss-up between Undetected and Epic, but is there really any chance that Henry would willingly leave the Diamond behind like he does in the Epic ending?
- The Government endings in Airship are extremely unlikely to lead to Henrys imprisonment in the Complex, as his criminal record was cleared. The Toppat ending would presumably lead to the now-non-canon Betrayed ending in Complex. The Lightning-Quick Larcenist ending gets Henry killed. That leaves the Pure-Blooded Thief as the most-canon ending.
- Convict Allies is just the best ending of Complex, and Ellie was well-liked enough that Puffballs will likely include her as an ally in Completing the Mission. Honestly theres not much to go on here, but it just feels like the correct ending if ever there was one.
- I feel like Epic is canon over Undetected because Undetected makes reference to the Lame Ending of "Prison" and would likely keep the government from knowing Henry stole the titular diamond from "Diamond"
Choosing "The Betrayed" as the ending for Complex will be an instant fail in the next game
Concept art for the final Henry Stickmin game, Completing the Mission
, suggests that at the start of this game the player is asked to choose which endings from Infiltrating the Airship
and Fleeing the Complex
they wish to continue from, and this will determine what situations Henry finds himself in during the game.
Surprisingly, "The Betrayed" can also be chosen as an ending to continue from, even though Word of God stated Henry dies in that ending.
So, either the creators changed their mind, or chosing this ending as a starting point will lead to an immediate fail, with the fail screen claming that Henry is dead.
- Maybe choosing The Betrayed ends up revealing Henry had a child before his death, and were playing as Stickmin jr, finishing the job his father started.
There will be a limit to which endings from Airship and Complex you can combine for Mission
While it's a nice toch to let the player wield Schrödinger's Gun
at the start of Mission
, and choose which endings should be treated as canon, there remains the fact that some endings from these games are simply not compatible. "The Betrayed" from Complex
for example is only possible if Henry is the leader of the Toppat Clan, and thus only compatible with "Rapidly Promoted Executive" from airship
. Likewise, "International Rescue Operative" is only a likely scenario if Henry is still on good terms with his government, and thus only compatible with "Government Supported Private Investigator" or "Relentless Bounty Hunter".