For more in-depth coverage: Real Life consists mostly of a singular character who is first introduced with a definite name, then learns his skills first in the homeland, then explores different locations in the world, and the plot becomes more and more complex as he progresses into the climax. We might see it as the ordinary human life cycle, but this forms the basis for all fiction that were created.terms for the Mutants With Unique Special Powers, and the other uses technobabble.
- And both are set in one of the X-Men 'verses prior to mutants becoming known to the general public. Probably either the movie verse, or Evolution.
- See: St. Elsewhere.
- Thus, Tommy is Mr. Bun.
- Alternately, Tommy wasn't autistic at all, and we have a lot to expect from him once the current WGA strike ends.
- Tommy is actually the estranged love child of Haruhi Suzumiya and Shinji Ikari.
- Or maybe Tommy isn't autistic, but rather... psychic and just overwhelmed by all the multiverse's unfiltered input.
- Which explains the random snowglobe moments in Psych, Burn Notice, Heroes... there must be more...
- Um, Citizen Kane?!
- No, his name is Tommy Walker, and he's not autistic. He's deaf, dumb, and blind, and he sure plays a mean pinball.
- Um, Citizen Kane?!
- Of course, nobody likes the more boring explanation that only St. Elsewhere was in Tommy's imagination (if that), and the rest were TV shows he integrated into his imaginings.
The mass of crossovers, ShoutOuts, and Recursive Canon between all five films (there's a decent list here) means that what we saw was, at best, Based on a True Story: The size discrepancies between the various films are the result of Wayne Szalinski's shrink / growth ray. And a Binford toolbox appears in Toy Story.
- Cars is in a completely separate 'verse, hence the presence of the films Toy Car Story, A VW Bug's Life, and Monster Trucks, Inc in that 'verse. (Doc Hudson's and Luigi's "cameos" in The Incredibles and Finding Nemo, respectively, are actually non-anthropomorphic cars of the same make and model. Because Doc Hudson or Luigi outside their universe of anthropomorphic cars is madness! Madness!)
- Madness!? This is Sparta Auto Sales! Come on in for great deals-TODAY!!!
- You are all wrong!http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/
- He is, of course, a Time Lord in Purgatory.
- You may be forgetting someone.
- Okay, it's official: Death is a Time Lord in Purgatory.
- His true name of course is Shinji Suzumiya
- Also known as mild-mannered Chuck Norris.
- And is also the Emperor of Mankind.
- And a part-time weatherman.
- Making a chaos god of Death unsummonable by the Eldar. He's already there!
- Have a Nice Day!
- Bob was there too.
- You may be forgetting someone.
- One theory is that said character is none other than Emmitt Nervend, aka., that weird old man with the big teeth and bulging eyes that shows up in the background of every Freakazoid! episode. Many other theories abound, though...
- If you are a pantheist, God permeates the entire multiverse and is therefore is present in EVERY story. Whether or not he is responsible for any of the events in the story is for theologians to decide.
- Wait, I thought it was Jenny Everywhere.
- It's Altaïr, he killed everyone in all fiction, so he must be in all fiction.
- There's a Tedd in every universe.
- This character is, in fact, Emmitt Nervend (see above theory). He has chosen to publicly show himself, of all things, inside a silly cartoon, to make sure that no one will seriously consider his involvement into anything else. "Nervend" is obviously just a corruption of his real name, which is Neverend (which signifies his neverending quest to bring all works of fiction to the closure that's meant for them).
- Also, he is in all scenes, only he's usually disguised as an insignificant background character or is standing just Behind the Black.
- The answer is clear. It's Vetinari, who may or may not be Xanatos himself.
- Actually, the mysterious fella's intentions are entirely different. In a thousand different worlds, he surreptitiously follows all the interesting people around and records their adventures, so that later he can publish them as "fiction" under the guise of an "author" persona.
- The Simpsons, and hence
- King of the Hill
- The X-Files
- Family Guy
- American Dad!
- The Flintstones
- The Jetsons
- South Park
- Or possibly, given how many cameos they make in other episodes, the Drawn Together world is the "hub" of every movie and TV show ever made. The housemates are probably Evil Twins of their prototypes, who also exist there (at least Ariel does, alongside Clara).
"I am Beowulf."
* universe commits suicide*
- Beowulf and Batman are the Ultimate Question and Ultimate Answer.
- They should never ever meet because they will cause Spiral Nemesis.
- Or they'll just hook up.
Over its running time, the Earth has worked back from the Ultimate Answer of 42, to get the five Ultimate Intermediate Steps of 23, 16, 15, 8 and 4. Just a few more calculations are required to get the Ultimate Question right. It has been said that if both the Question and the Answer are known it will cause the Universe to disappear and be replaced by something much stranger - the proximity of the Answer to a preliminary version of the Question is causing that to happen on a smaller scale, leading to all the tropical polar bears, smoke monsters and Epileptic Trees.
- This is simply brilliant. The final season of the series is obviously after the Vogons destroy it. The passing of the leader of the island to the next is actually simply allowing the hyper-itelligent, pan-dimentional being to inhabit another form. The island was built by the computer to keep the Golgafrinchams away from the main program matrix. This needs to be moved to the Wild Mass Guessing for both stories.
- Add the first three and subtract the last two.
- Alternatively, the "X-Files" John Munch could be a parallel universe version of the "Homicide" John Munch. As long as the aliens don't develop "Sliders" technology, Jack McCoy and Ed Green should be pretty safe.
- This would explain her permanant Blank White Eyes. The reason why she's never accessed her Byakugan powers is that nobody ever told her they exist; but at some point she'll find her true past- will she choose to continue with the life of a New York heiress with Daddy Warbucks, or move to Konoha to embark on the more Spartan but infinitely more exciting path of the shinobi?
- Then why does she lack the real Hyuuga bloodline trait?
- Funny thing is that I proposed something similar (not tha same thing because of Byakugan's particularities) to explain Kurenai's eye color, but with Sharingan, instead. Strange Minds Think Alike.
- I Am Legion, for we are many.
- Once TvTropes has influence over reality, we will all be notable.
- And life will be ruined. Perhaps someone has/will come back to prevent this and Set Right What Once Went Wrong. The wiki has/will also set back an android to stop them.
- Impossible, unless TV Tropes is the Wired.
- Once every trope is catalogued, the work of the universe will be complete and the stars will all go out. Due to the distributed processing power of the TV Tropes hivemind, the tropes are being recorded at an increased rate.
- Actually, given the constantly changing nature of societies, TV Tropes will never be complete. New tropes will need to be catalogued. This will ensure the continuation of the universe, because as we all know, the writing of tropes generates heat, which will stave off the heat-death of the multiverse.
- By contrast, "Uknown Troper" is a defective prototype.
- All nameless entities are the same person. When or if a person abandons their name, in most cases during this thing we call "death", they become that person. He is the Hive Mind, the legion, the Instrumentality, the Afterlife, the Man Behind The Curtain. He is..the Id, the true form of humanity, the inner chaos of primal desiring energy that we sought to repress to prevent future generations from going mad from the revelation and maintain an illusion of order.
- And Aziraphale gets around the angels' prohibition on drinking how? It's pretty clear that he goes and gets sloshed with Crowley on a fairly regular basis. Besides, it's sort of implied that God was behind the whole Almostageddon thing, and also that the Metatron isn't sure about getting on with it—surely if he had divine backing, he wouldn't have been as easily swayed by Adam?
- Aziraphale has been on earth for the last 6000+ years, and the prhibition was made, what after the Fall of Man? And he's been hanging out with a demon for most of the last 6000 years, having done occasional acts of evil assigned to Crowley in exchange for Crowley occasionally doing his Good assignments. Don't tell me that's not heresy. Anyway, sounds like a simple "Never found out, never want to" excuse, and it's part of God's oh-so-Ineffable plan that Aziraphale not be smote. Why should he care anyway? Aziraphale has gotten drunk what, twice since the invention of alcohol, and always Insta-Sobers(AΩ) before going anywhere, instead of going up to heaven to start things like Barnaby and Loki. He gets around the whole "If God is proven wrong, the World Ends" bit by not actually having said "No angels may drink." He probably said "You(plural) are forbidden from consumption of alcohol," and let Metatron translte that as he felt necessary. The only ones who would be wracked by the pain of a thousand suns would be Bartleby, Loki, and Metatron, because God has repeatedly been shown to have a sick sense of humor. As well as a passion for skee-ball, nearly letting the world end, and ineffability. Don't take this away from us, 'kay?
- Gogo from Kill Bill (whose mother, traumatized after being raped by Alex, taught her to despise the touch of men.)
- Nikita from the movie of La Femme Nikita (note her wild dances to classical music while covered in the blood of people she beats.)
- He may also have fathered Badger from Firefly, but we will never know.
- HAL is exactly the same kind of AI as Cortana, but can't project a hologram because they didn't have the tech back then. The UV failsafe for smart AI was installed because of the Discovery incedent - the astronauts all died because there was no way to cut the higher brain functions of HAL easily, quickly, and remotely after he went Rampant. This is also why smart AI are not used when a dumb AI will work just as well.
- Also, the monolith is another Forerunner creation.
Every single one of us is actually from an alternate dimension where we are the hero/heroine/villain, and absolutely no-one else from our dimension is here. The people that we just "click" with just remind us of someone close to us from our home dimension. Likewise, the people that we just innately hate remind us of the villains of our dimension, and TV Tropes is the more proactive Jumped at the Call protagonists trying to make some sense of this crossover.
All works that we see as "fiction" are actually their creator's way of retelling the story of their dimension, with series' in multiple universes (like Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem) being the attempts to tell the stories of other members of the dev teams, as are multiple series' from the same company. Furthermore, any crossover "fiction" is an attempt at creating the apocalypse- once this giant web of dimensions becomes too intertwined, it will collapse on itself, causing the end of all life.
- This explains most of my dreams distressingly well...
- Heero Yuy is decended from Sousuke Sagara, who is in turn descended from Sanosuke Sagara (although this is based mainly on name and pain threshold).
- Look at G Gundam's Domon and Rain. Now look at Code Geass's Kallen Kouzuki. Now, I could ignore the looks, but when the possible offspring in question is also mech pilot who uses an open handed one-shot move, I can't help but draw a conclusion.
- Wait, but that means...
- Adam Kadmon, anyone?
- The Instrumentality will happen if all beings real or fictional finds out they are the same Time Lord. With these WMG s thrown in, we can see what actually happened in Eva: The Instrumentality involves the fusion of Adam and Lilith (the recreation of Adam Kadmon, to add an earlier assumption), creating a time-traveling shapeshifter (Giant Naked Rei, who sent soul-collecting Rei around time and space, hence the Reis at the very beginning and the end), which then assimilates the souls of all beings into a single entity, the primordial Time Lord of this WMG. However, a new body for the Time Lord must be chosen as an ark which will wander the universe as a Time Lord forever, and that one happens to be Yui / Eva 01.
- Oh God, TV Tropes is controlled by Seele!
- This is actually true. Anonymous originated on 4chan's /b/ board, the most popular of the boards there. The posters on there all have the default name of Anonymous, and within time, jokes began to form that referred to Anonymous as one person, or as a whole. Then, the raids began, like the ones on Habbo Hotel and Gaia. It was around this time that the users started thinking of themselves as more than just as bunch of trolls from an imageboard, and more of an organization of trolls dedicated to destroying whatever they didn't like. The concept of Anonymous grew, spilling over into other forums, like SA. Eventually, Anonymous shifted from solely trolling sites they didn't like to trolling sites they had an honest objection to. From there, they decided, finally, to take on Scientolotgy. They gained mass media coverage and became known, officially, as Anonymous, though as more of a separate entity from the original 4chan users. It was during the beginning days of Project Chanology that Anonymous started leaving 4chan- many users of /b/, which had been their main base until now, could do without all the "moralfags" and wanted to get back to posting furry porn and goatse. Project Chanology lives on at various other sites and wikis, and the name Anonymous has come to be associated with Scientology. Except on 4chan, where's it's used as it once was- for jokes and small-time raids. So there you have it- the history of Anonymous, as told by someone who witnessed it all.
- They share the same name, people! It's a sign that, yes indeed Tropers, that worldwide, Internet-based resistance to Scientology was created by none other than the originators of LOLcats!! And 4chan was created by none other than Something Awful! This is big, people. Big.
- Please step off the couch, Mr. Cruise.
OK, this one's a gimmie, but still...
- And their presence facilitates the Snap Backs at the end of each episode. This is commonly known as Plank's Constant.
- Also, their common ancestor is the Log Lady's log from David Lynch's Twin Peaks.
- They are all members of a Ninja clan, which includes every single Ninja Log.
- Theory: No one is Haruhi Suzumiya. Therefore, given the above, at least one person is Haruhi Suzumiya. Q.E.D.
- Correction: no one is Haruhi Suzumiya. Therefore, everyone is Haruhi Suzumiya.
- This theory runs up against the problem that it is also a theory dealing with fiction, resulting in a somewhat clichéd paradox.
- Does that make Sam Winchester Scott Pilgrim's father?
- The authors are also Time Lord Jesus.
- As proposed on their various WMG pages. Cowboy Bebop and Firefly both share the same Space Western atmosphere, with Cowboy Bebop explaining why Earth is considered lost to humans in Firefly. The Companions and River foreshadow the development of the Bene Gesserit and Mentats.
- Eve Online isn't covered on any other page yet: As a result of the divide between the rest of the galaxy and New Eden, Eve is a vision of what our galaxy could have been without the Butlerian Jihad. The Jovians, as a result of enduring the Eve collapse fairly well, are where humans would be at as of Dune and Eve Online had there been no Jihad/Eve collapse respectively. The timelines I've seen for Eve and Dune happen to place the Butlerian Jihad and Eve collapse within a millenium of each other, and the present day, as of Eve Online and the original Dune, are close (give or take a millennium), which makes this a particularly interesting connection.
- Conceptually, of course, Absent Aliens are one of the most prominent links between the four.
- In the future of the Dokuroverse, immortality has been attained, but as a side effect women stop aging past 12. This is why all the characters in Lucky Star are so short.
- Actually, we live in the Future.
- Jossed, As seen in this video: http://tinyurl.com/7l3z5t9 We live in the past.
- Deconstructed by Nineteen Eighty-Four. In that dystopia, The Party, with the invention of Newspeak, can basically make everyone believe their lies and propaganda.
Perhaps ALL fictional universes that are encountered in our own timeline are really just shout outs to other works that have been created by the same development team over the course of their time working on project Simulated Multiverse. Thus, every single alternate fictional reality is just as real as our own... that is to say, not real at all, but just here as a shout out to those who visiting out simulated universe.
As all fictional universes are exceedingly more interesting than ours, it is likely that ours was designed for scientific or educational reasons. That, combined with the fact that we, here at this very wiki, seek to codify and examine the other fictional universes, means that perhaps the TV Tropes Wiki is the actual purpose of this world, to codify and explain the behaviors of the Great Programmers themselves.
Thus, once the TV Tropes Wiki is complete, we will no longer have a purpose, the wiki will be exported for use in schools in the Real Universe, and our own will be shut down and replaced by one significantly more interesting.Gender Bender to troll people is amusing, think about what "she" offered: access to another dimension at a cost. Sound familiar?
We know that Yuuko is known by several different names across the multiverse, and Mumm-Ra's probably been around the block enough times to know about her identity as the Netherwitch on Third Earth. Since time flows differently across the worlds, one night of hard drinking and the ensuing hangover on Yuuko's end kept her distracted long enough for Mumm-Ra to pose as her and set up the whole plot on his end. One can only imagine how ticked off Yuuko would be once she caught on, but that's a story for another fic.
Research continued into nano machines, as they were the big thing, leading up making a person who could control them, Rex himself, and to the nanite explosion in Generator Rex. It was an accident from a research company attempting to move to the next step of nanite research.doesn't work that way.)
- First, the universe is created and evolves as seen in Buffy and Angel. At late 80's the founders of Rossum create the tech, but still stay below radar.
- The events of Buffy and Angel take place. Rossum accumulates power.
- In the aftermath of the worldshaking events of Buffyverse Season 8/6, the remaining traces of magic are lost, so The Unmasqued World is canceled out by the destruction of the masquerading party. In the aftershock battles, Faith's brain is damaged. Willow's power isn't enough to restore Faith's original self, but she is able to patch her up and uses the last of her power to create the "Caroline" persona. Echo's resistance to wiping is a remnant of her Slayer power. Rapidly losing it's supernatural support, Wolfram & Hart, as always, relies on human evil and approaches Rossum. They get access to the Hyperion Hotel, probably buing it as a mockery of Team Angel who had to leave it. Illyria finds a way (or is forced to) leave Fred's body, but in doing so leaves it empty. The body somehow falls into the hands of Wolfram & Hart, who give it to the LA Dollhouse.
- Dollhouse takes place.
- Most of W&H and Rossum are destroyed in the Zombie Apocalypse of 2020. The Senior Partners lose direct representation on Earth. The human society is rebuilt. Since there aren't many humans left, technocracy arises. The misuse by survivors corrupts the English language used in New York area beyond recognition.
- Fray takes place.
- The quick reconstruction of Earth eventually backfires. The degradation seen in Fray continues. Humans use up almost all the resources the planet has to offer. In a desperate attempt to escape the inevitable environmental disaster, US and China join efforts and build spaceships to escape. The Earth That Was is abandoned. In the new society, the Blue Sun corporation arises and secretly becomes a new front for the Senior Partners.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion confirms this. Also, this is why True Art Is Angsty and why Kyubey harvest young girls' emotions for entropy-free energy.
- They're two families of cops, who for some reason have a tendency to get partnered together. This needs a bit of elaboration, given that in Back to the Future Part II they're a Salt and Pepper duo, in Trespass they're both black, and in Used Cars and 1941 they're both white. The 2015 Reese and Foley are descended from Agent Reese from Used Cars and Officer Foley from Trespass. They, in turn are cousins of Agent Foley and Officer Reese from the same films - so at some point there were two mixed marriages. And both late 20th century sets are descended from Privates Reese and Foley in 1941, who may or may not have moved into law enforcement after the war.
- Let's see. Gaudy, over the top costume with beak-shaped hood? Check◊. A colourful array of abilities and weaponry? Also present. So how does it all fit? Simple. He was undercover in the employ of Templar Raoul Bushman when they located a temple in Egypt housing a Piece of Eden (more specifically, The Shroud). Due to the dire circumstances the Assassin Order is in during these times, Marc tried to stop Bushman from siezing this piece but failed and was mortally wounded, much like in the commonly established origin. However, Bushman was unable to sieze it for the Templar order and had to leave it. Meanwhile, Moon Knight's life is saved by the Shroud, and is given a mission by Khonshu (who was actually one of those who came before). Unfortunately, the experience shatters Spector's mind, much like The Shroud did to Giovanni Borgia. However, instead of merely hearing voices in his head, Marc develops full on alternate personalities, and the only thing he takes away from his encounter is a quest for vengeance. On the plus side, it also gave him some moderate self-healing ability, hence how he has managed to come back from the brink of death and other serious injuries. The Templars no longer deem him a serious threat to their main goal after another encounter with Bushman (although he still carries a grudge) and the Assassin's can no longer trust Marc due to his unstable nature. All Moon Knight can do now is essentially carry out what he believes to be his mission from Khonshu.
Meanwhile, during a party consisting of Nintendo villians, Wispy Woods and a Boo got a bit too drunk, and nine months later Wispy Woods, who is a woman, gives birth to the first Weeping Angel, who was promptly sent back to the beginning of the universe by Sarda, to whom Wispy Woods owed money. Like Halley, the Angel had the heterozygous "Weak to Apples" genotype from its mother, but unlike Halley, its father gave it the "Does not like being looked at" gene, which is dominant.
Fast forward several years. Vriska, who is annoyed that Team Avolition hasn't been posting enough videos, manipul8s Storm_Surge, who is secretly a mustard-blooded Troll (Thus owing to his abilities as a griefer), into breaking into an ectobiology facility and mixing the genetic material of Bec (Who has Halley's DNA) and the Weeping Angel. The spawn lacks the "Does not like being looked at" gene, but gets the homozygous version of the "Weak to Apples" gene.
What was the spawn, you ask? Eppaljeck.
- Tom Hiddleston isn't just an actor playing him in Marvel movies, he is also the man himself.