Possible characters for the roster (pre- and post-Downloadable Content)The game's logo background features silhouettes or specters of various weapons from Granblue Fantasy, hinting of their probable appearance in Versus. Other specific characters may be available given their popularity in the fanbase, their implications in the main lore, or simply for having references to other characters of the Fighting Game Genre.
- Percival (his Lohengrin can be seen on the Versus logo)
- Metera (her Aetherial Bow can be seen on the Versus logo)
- Zeta (her Brionac can be seen on the Versus logo)
- Vaseraga (his Mistilteinn can be seen on the Versus logo)
- Djeeta (the female counterpart for Gran as The Protagonist and she is seen as one of the text emotes in the lobby)
- Confirmed. She was a part of the first wave of DLC characters.
- Drang (with Sturm as an Assist Character, as they are known to be practically inseparable, played a big role as antagonists in the first chapter and have been Promoted to Playable in the gacha at a relatively late point in time. Furthermore, Drang fills a niche as both comic relief and a mage.)
- Rackam (a main story character)
- Eugen (a main story character, can be seen in the background of the Grandcypher stage)
- Rosetta (a main story character, can be seen in the background of the Grandcypher stage)
- Siegfried (one of the four Dragon Knights, where Lancelot and Percival are fellow members)
- Vane (one of the four Dragon Knights, where Lancelot and Percival are fellow members)
- Vira (like Ferry, is essentially treated as an important character from the story, and has an incredibly wide selection for ASW to cherrypick from)
- Narmaya (Front-runner for Ensemble Dark Horse of the franchise)
- Confirmed, she was part of the first season of DLC fighters.
- Black Knight/Apollonia (The primary antagonist of the first arc with the most exposure and depending on the game's story and placement in the timeline, could potentially serve as one for Versus)
- Confirmed as part of the second season of DLC fighters.
- Zooey (Incredibly popular and has a versatile moveset with her various weapons)
- Color Variant DLC confirmed Zooey is the last character slot for season 1.
- Feather (Considering he's literally just JRPG Rock Howard, it's debatable how much they want to use him lest they go overboard with him and infringe on SNK.)
- Ghandaghoza (Like Feather, Ghandaghoza is seemingly based on another fighting game character. In his 5★ Uncap, he shares many visual similarities with Akuma from ''Street Fighter).
- Sandalphon (A ridiculously popular Breakout Character who could have a fairly unique moveset with his floating swords ala Ramlethal Valentine)
- Belial (Another absurdly popular Breakout Villain who would pair well with Sandy)
- Confirmed. He will be part of the second season of DLC fighters.
- Lyria (She has become playable in the original game later on, so she could upgrade to become playable in this game as well.)
- Confirmed for the second season of DLC fighters.
- Lunalu as some kind of Ditto Fighter, given that her Signature Move in the original game is being able to copy almost any skill.
- Fraux with The Devil
- Lobelia with The Tower
- Wulf and Renie
Possible story developments for future chapters
- The mere inclusion of Belial as the first entry for character pass 2 makes it rather likely that he will be the final boss of that story arc.
- Warped causality can have weird results, such as Narmaya pitching in to defeat Ares. This may open up the possibility for situations from fate episodes or the main story, which have canonically been resolved in the past, to re-occur.
Future DLC stages / locations
- Based on the artwork in the glossary (as Jewel Resort and Lumacie Forest were added soon after release):
- Tramont Island (The "Mist-Shrouded Island")
- The Erste Empire/Kingdom capital
- North Vast
- The Dydroit Belt
- Based purely on speculation:
- Erste Empire Warship
- The Otherworld
Certain Primal Beasts will be tied to characters as part of their movesetThis conjecture is mostly based on Yggdrasil being tied to Lowain as some kind of special move, and Proto Bahamut was demonstrated to be used in some capacity to Gran.
- Following this, if Eugen, Rackam, and Io are playable, they will demonstrate their bonds as unlocked in Nalhegrande with various Primals.
- Likewise, if Vira is playable, she'll be used to show off Luminiera.
- A long shot considering that they are released in the original game three months after the reveal of Versus. What if the ten Arcarum Evokers would somehow be playable too in this game?
- Katalina does have Ares, so that's another character with a Primal.
Certain characters will be able to transform into their Super ModesIn a similar vein to how Yggdrasil replaces Lowain temporarily when called, there could be a Super Mode mechanic in this game as well, with characters transforming into their more powerful forms temporarily while operating under a meter.
- Vira could merge with Luminiera
- If Nicholas would be playable, he can use his Kamen Rider Powered Armor's full potential.
- Amira having her Half-God, Half-Demon form.
- Sandalphon sporting more pairs of archangel wings
- Belial in his Avatar form
- Magisa in Morax Summoned mode by fully summoning Morax to be out in the field at all times
- Yngwie with his Powered Armor activated for Tough Guy Mode
Playable characters in Versus who are Moveset Clones of multiple Fighting Game franchise characters.
- Lancelot seems to have some moves, mechanics and animation copied from Ky Kiske (sword combos), Leo Whitefang (dashing through the opponent) and Jin Kisaragi. Much more so with the latter, who also fights using ice powers. Both Lancelot and Jin can also summon sword-shaped icicles and encase their opponents in ice using their most powerful move.
Possible Granblue characters as clones of other Fighting Game titles' (especially ArcSystemWorks's) charactersSince the first 3 trailers showcased moves that are apparently lifted from other titles of Arc System Works such as BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, Moveset Clones and overlapping character themes are bound to happen. For example, Ladiva has Zangief's dropkick, which was ported into Azrael's movesets in BlazBlue as referenced here, while Charlotta would easily remind BlazBlue fans of Es.
- Orchid and Lloyd could be a clone of Carl Clover and Nirvana, as both are Puppet Fighters. All four also have purple as their general color motif.
- Sen could be a clone of Taokaka, both are cat-like characters who fight using their weaponized claws.
- Cucouroux for Noel Vermillion, due to their similarities of having Guns Akimbo fighting styles.
- Magisa for Nine, Hot Witches who fight using magic.
From Guilty Gear
- Melissabelle could be a clone of Millia Rage, as both fight using their Prehensile Hair. The only difference is that Melissabelle is short for her race.
- Aliza could be a clone of Jam Kuradoberi, as both are Kick Chicks who almost have the same fighting stance.
- Vaseraga could be a clone of Testament, who also fights using a two-handed Sinister Scythe.
- Lady Grey could be a clone of Dizzy, since both have two creatures assisting them from behind. Not to mention that Necro looks like an undead, which Lady Grey has.
The possible English voice cast of the characters that will debut here.
- Chaos Bringer/Beelzebub
There will be at least one character to represent each weapon typeConsidering how touted the weapon skin feature is as a customizable feature for both RPG and Fighter mode and that weapons like guns and staves have already been confirmed but with no corresponding character to use them as weapon skins, it seems very likely that there'll be at least one gun/staff/harp character in future DLC.
Depending on the success of this game, Arc System Works will then work on a Dragalia Lost fighterEven if it end up exclusive to Nintendo Switch due to Dragalia Lost being a Nintendo property and Cygames being the developer, it could just as well happen.