- But isn't the war already over? At the beginning of each episode he tells signs the disclaimer telling everyone he can't complain about the anime's content. So Rikdo and Nabeshin each have their own territories in the Excel Saga universe, but the̮̠͔̭̦y share an animosity towards each other despite the clear cut borders between their worlds. Also, Nabeshin's first episode of anime? Sending Excel to kill Rikdo, in the ultimate ironic death. Twice.
- You could take this further, saying That Man is Rikdo in disguise. Think about it. Rikdo doesn't show up in the actual episodes beyond the first. Why? He can't bilocate. His presence is taken up in pretending to be That Man.
- Alternately, one could say that Koshi Rikdo and Nabeshin are the men behind Kabapu and Il Palazzo, respectively. Koshi and Kabapu wish for order and to maintain the status quo. Il Palazzo and Nabeshin wish to brong about a new order, or to rewrite the history of the manga.
- Actually it makes sense. In the end, as Excel is drowning in blood she desperately reaches out not for Great Will of the Macrocosm, but for Ilpalazzo (who may be her subconscious representation of God), and he doesn't pull her up, just shows his approval of her end.
- Well, if you count hitting people so hard they fly to the sky as Zanyness, it had begun before the crash. But still.
- So...Excel's subconscious manifestation of her desire to live is having an affair with...what, her subconscious desire to be a working class foreigner with a happy family? ...which appears because she cracked while studying for her college entrance exams! That almost makes sense!
- But then why does Il Palazzo treat Excel so shabbily if she is that important?
- Some sort of amnesia. If, as stated elsewhere on the wiki, his "multiple personalities" are actually simply memories coming and going, he may simply not remember Excel's importance most of the time.
- Alternatively, he's trying to activate some sort of ability triggered by stress.
- I'm thinking that as "fake" as Ropponmatsu is, the ruler inside the core is still "real-er" than... whatever Excel is. A clone? The shell left behind after the ruler was sealed inside the core? She doesn't have those cat-eyes, which might either be a genetic cloning defect or a trait of the royal family. Excel's flashbacks imply a close relationship between him and Il Palazzo, and her most recent memory loss as Teriha also suggests that the Excel personality is somehow artificial. It might be some kind of love-hate thing - Excel is the closest thing Il Palazzo has to her princess, but he knows that she can never be the real deal. Another, a lot simpler explanation (corollary to the one two steps above this) is that Il Palazzo is just batshit fucking insane.
- Throwing in another one of the most popular fan theories. Twenty years ago, Miwa died, and overcome with grief Tenmangu's response was to "disappear" by planting his brain in a cybernetic body modeled after her. Fair enough, the "Miwa dying" part is only derived from Kabapu's comment that she had been ill when he first met the "changed" Miwa, and the fact that it's a lot easier to keep this kind of scheme going when you don't have conceal the fact that there are two Miwas now. The hints in favor of this are so abundant that it's going to be a bigger surprise if it turns out she isn't him. Even Shiouji seems to consider this possibility.
- There's a precedent in the anime Karin, which get this: stars a vampire who produces and expels blood when under stress.
- In at least one instance in the manga Excel comes to the same conclusion. It wouldn't be the first time Rikdo's included vital plot revelations concealed within a joke...
I mean, look at her legs!
Excel is Pinky, and Il Pallazo is the Brain. Hyatt is Larry.
- So, does that mean Elgala is Elmira?
- Yeah, and the Puchuu King is Snowball.
He can't stop parts leaking through, though. While Hyatt started out as he wanted, she quickly developed elements of Rei; Ilpalazzo secretly doesn't care about her at all, and it all breaks down towards the end.
Not to mention a Red Sea covering the entire planet at the end.
Their both immortal. Both have too much time on their hands. So each takes a turn ruling/trying to conquer the city. Kabapu started out running the city and Il Palazzo wanted to conquer it. As of the latest manga volume the roles are reversed (We've even seen Il Palazzo doing Kabapu style things like having secret meeting with corrupt officials). The reason Il Palazzo abandoned the real Excel is that he means for her to become to Kabapu what she once was for him. But as we've seen before he can't cope without his underlings around and so took Ropponmatsu to compensate himself.And Il Palazzo's comments about how the game "Doesn't go on forever" is a worrying bit of foreshadowing that he means to destroy the modern world as Solaria was destroyed 4000 years ago
I don't really have that much going for this one, Kabapu's sudden interest in where Shiouji's father disappeared to seems start at around the same time he begins obsessing over Il Palazzo's return. Furthermore volume 12 ends with him making the comment "He could be anywhere in the world, he could even be nearby" before immediately cutting to Il Palazzo being mysterious. Would explain said father's affinity for Solaran technology.
Just look at their outfits...
The illness and difference in personality could be explained by Nancy II's near-death experience at the end of the Read or Die OVA.
- Hyatt. Hayate. Both have tuberculosis. It makes sense.
She also meets a man who reminds her of Ilpalazzo and befriends him.
...called Rem and ends up meeting the certain person, who reminds her of herself.
<<|Wild Mass Guessing|>>