- Despite Eddy liking his brother and thinking he's really cool, he has no idea where he lives and has only ever received a single piece of mail from him since he left.
- When Eddy shows Ed and Double Dee the postcard, he implies his parents don't know he has it. Why would his parents care, unless they didn't want their eldest communicating with them?
- The brother's bedroom is nailed and chained shut. He's old enough to be living on his own and clearly never comes back and visits, so there's no reason for him to leave anything important to him behind or to care if someone goes into his room.
- The very first thing Eddy's brother does when he sees Eddy is to ask if "Mom and Dad know you're here", to which Eddy replies to the tune of "of course not". If they'd known where Eddy was going, they would have dragged him right back.
All of this serves as foreshadowing to the inevitable reveal of Eddy's brother's true nature.
- This is the worst and most heinous theory that I have read on this entire website to date. First and foremost if Eddy and his older brother set this all up in advance why did Eddy not know where his brother was? If this was all an elaborate scam surely Eddy's Brother, would have informed his little bro where he is. Secondly if Eddy had set this whole plan up why was he panicking in the beginning, it couldn't be for show because their was nobody to see him packing up. And Eddy isn't prone to panicking when he thinks he's got an ace in the hole. As is evident through out the rest of the movie, and while he does panic when the Kankers show up he quickly regains his composer. Furthermore if this was all apart of the plan he would have told the Edd's about it. He's not an idiot and to this Troper's knowledge he has never kept his scams hidden from his friends. The entire show and movie is rife with evidence of his brother's abuse. When Eddy thinks his brother is in the factory he briefly, and quietly, uses the pipsqueak nickname that his brother constantly used to refer to him. Furthermore threw out the series it's made evident that everyone in the Cul-de-sac, save Naz, is absolutely terrified of Eddy's brother. And during the episode "Ed... pass it on" when Jimmy and Sarah impersonate Eddy's Brother, Eddy becomes terrified and begs his "brother" not to hurt him. And this is ignoring the pleasure that Eddy's Brother takes in torturing Eddy and Double D which is evident in the Slasher Smile he sports during the entire scene. Finally the original plan for the movie was not for the Kankers to molest Eddy's Brother but for the police to arrest him. Which in this Troper's mind puts the Cabash on the "It was all a scam theory." Eddy's Brother is abusive, to try and pretend otherwise not only cheapens the transformation Eddy goes threw in the movie but also reeks of trying to avoid having to acknowedge the realities of domestic abuse.