- Agreed. This troper felt that since DLC is confirmed for Xenoverse, we can count on additional content come the release of Resurrection 'F'.
- Avertedthe Time Breakers' goals revolve around Demigra, the GT characters were added in for fans who missed having them in games, and they are unlocked through gathering the Dragon Balls and using a wish to unlock them, except for SSJ4 Goku, who you need to beat all the parallel quests for. Furthermore, GT is established in DLC story chapters as an Alternate Timeline that Demigra's wormholes start messing with.
- Averted, Goku and Beerus are both incorruptible due to their God statusthough Beerus is willing to play along at first.
- Additionally, this is why GT characters can exist despite the apparent Continuity Snarl (as the events of GT are not touched upon in Xenoverse, and Super Saiyan God kind of invalidates the need for Super Saiyan 4), GT just happens in a separate timeline where Beerus didn't try to find a Super Saiyan God.
- The way it's explained is that, while most people can't alter a timeline, just make a new one, like Trunks originally did, the Time Patrollers can. Problematically, so can the villains, and when you alter a timeline, the scrolls get bigger. If the scrolls end up too big, the universe is destroyed. The more alterations happen, the worse it gets. So, the Time Patrollers try to make things as the same as possible.
- be called XenoVerse Infinity
- Either retell Dragon Ball Online's plot or adapt it
- Will feature alternate timelines and universes that are meddled with (such as GT, a Mirror Universe, one where Frieza didn't destroy Planet Vegeta)
- Actually explore the impact the players presence had on those universe (as well as further detailing what hoe the For Want of a Nail aespectsaffected the universe)
- This troper got the impression that making sure the end result of each event you traveled to stayed the same basically forced time to snap back to the way it had been - while changing the end result would have torn time asunder, naturally - which would explain why nobody seems to remember you.
- Have the Supreme Kai Of Time as a playable character
- In an ironic twist (and maybe a Discontinuity Nod), have the Pan from the Xenoverse timeline join the Time Police
- Involve all the player avatars from Dragon Ball Heroes (likely as Character Customization options)
- and include characters from the non-canon movies.
- Actually be an updated worldwide release of Dragon Ball Online, possibly coinciding with the debut of Dragon Ball Super.
- Focus on more "What If?" type situations, rather than alterations to the original timeline. Basically, an entire game of "What If?" stories.
- Include story and scenarios based on the original Dragon Ball.
- Not likely. Shenron tells you right before the character creation that you were summoned, not created.
- Jossed by Jaco the Galactic Patrolman. Several times he talks to you as your master, he responds to things you said without you saying them. It's the Pokémon method.
- Jaco the Galactic Patrolman adds a bit of support to this. He finds out you do that and is a bit bothered by it.
"Canonize" in the sense of "this totally happened in an alternate universe somewhere", not "this happened within the 'main' Dragon Ball continuity".
This is, by the way, not that far-fetched a WMG as it sounds on paper, considering that the "Vegita has a long-lost sibling" standard plot of many fanfics became Ascended Fanon in the 2008 OVA.
Think about it: in GT, we see Pilaf, Shu, and Mai as old and rather frail. However, Super's manga reveals that they apparently wished to be younger shortly after Trunks' birth and, by extension of Future Trunks' timeline, Goku's death. When Trunks went back in time, he led to the events that resulted in his working for the Supreme Kai of Time later on in his timeline, and the alternate universe he created resulted in GT. There may have been a ripple effect that caused the gang to never find the Dragon Balls in one timeline, resulting in them somehow finding out about the Black Star Dragon Balls (how they managed that is another story entirely), while the other has them find all seven and wish themselves younger.
Though the Supreme kai of time was created before Kais were linked to a God of destruction, it would still make sense that She would have a God Destruction counterpart after all her job is to maintain and balance timelines, similar to the Kais and their universes. So what happens when a timeline goes wrong and get corrupted beyond the point of repair that the Supreme Kai is capable of? It must be destroyed. This would explain why we never see or hear of this god, they only appear to destroy what can not be saved.