- And Pauline is Mario's Mother
- And the Pauline from Mario vs Donkey Kong is Mario and Luigi's sister.
- This theory makes a LOT of sense, and it would explain all of the discrepancies that Donkey Kong has with the rest of the Mario series. You actually see Mario and Luigi as babies in a later game. And it's specifically stated in one of the Donkey Kong Country games that Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong that faced Jumpman, and the current Donkey Kong is either his son or grandson (depending on game).
- If you really think about it, this makes the most sense. The world the game is set in is different, instead of getting help from family, DK's getting help from odd little monkeys, the "Other Kongs" are not related and are actual bosses, DK himself is more aggressive and has more of a Jerkass attitude, especially if you believe the story that say DK's only beating up these bad guys so he can be known as the biggest badass around. Hell, even the iconic Kongo Jungle theme is massively different from its original version.
Is this merely an excuse for Rare and Nintendo being unable to keep their facts straight? Mostly, but it is worth noting that DK64 is the only game where DK walks bipedally, and that while Diddy's popguns and jetpack became his standard moves in Donkey Kong Country Returns DK's coconut shooter and kicking attack are completely absent.
Also DK64 is the only game where Diddy is called DK's nephew, so by extension he must be the DKC Donkey Kong's cousin (it also of course means that he's Cranky Kong's grandson too, which explains the line "Say hello to your old grandpappy Cranky." in DKC2 where Diddy is the main character).
- While Stanley is taken to the zoo and he sees a gorilla, and the gorilla was aggressively throwing a tantrum until he sees Stanley's mom, the zookeeper tries to calm him down and after that he forgets to lock the cage, and then the gorilla escapes and takes Stanley's mom and went away. Stanley follows the gorilla and it takes him 2 days to find them and when he finally does, he was in for a shock seeing his mom covered in blood and the gorilla eating off her corps. This traumatizes Stanley for the rest of his life. At home while feeling depressed about his mothers death he sees the gorilla in her garden and refused to leave, so to protect himself, Stanley brings his toy gun and attempts to plan to kill the gorilla for his mother, while also protecting her garden.
- When the first Donkey Kong grew too old for the title, he gave it up and became Cranky Kong. Eventually our DK will pass on the title and take a new name as well. In all likelyhood, Diddy Kong might be next in line to become Donkey Kong.