This section covers the spin-off of the Digimon anime, Digimon Universe: Applimonsters. For WMG regarding the entire franchise, go here. For WMGs specific to another work, go to the following:
- Digimon Adventure
- Digimon Adventure 02
- Digimon Tamers
- Digimon Frontier
- Digimon Savers (Digimon Data Squad)
- Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion)
- Digimon Adventure tri.
- Digimon Universe Applimonsters
- Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
- Digimon Adventure: (2020)
- It specifically states Digimon in the full title, maybe Appmon are a variety of Digimon and other similar types from other worlds will be revealed later in the series
- Sort of confirmed, what with the Agumon from the game Haru played in the past appearing in episode 45.
- I'm personally hoping they will have a Pokemon app and it's Appmon is Pikachumon, which is a stylized Pikachu.
- I think the writers are less than subtle to do that.
- It will be an Adventure Game Appmon specializing in finding other Appmons.
- Confirmed in episode 18, though it's less Mons and more of a Treasure Hunt
- Considering that Appmon is focused on breaking away from the recurring motifs of the wider franchise, this doesn't look all that likely.
- If you count Oujamon as a Leomon type then yeah, Leomon dies yet again. He gets better though.
- According to the Latest episodes Rei is searching for his little brother, and gives the 7-codes appmon chips he has to the others after they help him beat sukasimon
- See D-Reaper below.
- Except that Virusmon is a system-type appmon, while Virus is its classification instead.
- Jossed. Timemon is a standalone appmon.
- Jossed. Dantemon may be summon by having all the codes on the tablet.
- Confirmed that there are 2 Super-Grade Appmon (Medicmon and Weatherdramon). However, the seven codes do not become Dantemon by appligattai.
- Jossed—according to Knight, Hajime is an Appmon residing within the L Corp. It's Sleepmon
A Brainwashed and Crazy Ken Ichijouji clone and the one that appli-gattaied Cameramon into Snipemon way back when and made it look like Rei was responsible for it.
- Jossed. Knight's backstory in Episode 41 shows that they are indeed separate characters, and Hajime is transformed into an appmon and resides within the L Corp.
1) Yuuji's mom works for L corp and robotized Yuuji using him as Test Subject/ Manchurian Agent /Unwitting Pawn for years. She has been on the conspiracy all along and may even be Knight's awesomely hammy secretary. Yuuji was also used to identify Rei as the hacker who attacked them as well.
2) The Applidriver Duo is an Evil Counterpart to the others built by L corp using data by of the others which is why Rei was suspicious of it and why it's so fucking ugly.
3) Yuuji will be controlled at the end by Leviathan and forced against Haru and the others.
4) Yuuji's dark secret is unrelated to Leviathan and not even Minerva knows anything about it when she chose him.
5) Yuujin is a robot, an appmon in disguise, Hajime, or any combination of the above.
- 5), Yuujin really is a robot.
Him being presented in the omake isn't a blooper—it's a foreshadowing.
- Jossed he is a human who was contacted by Leviathan. The next time he was showcased in the omake (it was together with Charismon) Haru lampshaded that he's not an appmon.
Can you say Chekhov's Gunman? After all, the man simply can't catch a break and has often changed jobs, fitting Rei's description of him being a good-for-nothing (granted, he might have simply said that because of how hurt he and Hajime were by the abandonment).
Wouldn't be too surprising if that were the case.
He sometimes comes of as a Psychopathic Manchild and his backstory states that he was studying abroad, away from his family. This might be the reason he believes that Humans Are Flawed to the point of obeying Leviathan and believing that the evil AI would create a better world. Provided his backstory isn't fake.
- Jossed. His entire family moved abroad and the ones he was away from was his friends. He also have a different Freudian Excuse.
Basically Yuujin was created by Leviathan and sent off to be raised by Yuujin's mysterious mom. Which is why he simply doesn't kill him like the others. Minerva knows this and is using him as a pawn to kill Leviathan which would also explain why Offmon was sealed away and his berserk mode. He was a final weapon meant to kill Leviathan then Yuujin and take revenge for Den'emon using Shutmon's berserk mode to "accidentally" deal with Yuujin with the other Applidrivers being none the wiser.
- Semi-confirmed: Yuujin is indeed made by Leviathan, but it isn't known if he really were the Unwitting Pawn of Minerva or not.
- Jossed—according to Knight, the resultant Appmon is within the L Corp. It's Sleepmon
- Sort of confirmed. Leviathan does use Yuujin's body as his new vessel to protect himself from being destroyed.
- Or Invading aliens from Ultraman franchise.