Gru and Lucy will be expecting their first biological child in the third film.The birth will be near or at the film's end, and the baby will be a boy.
The girls will have a more prominent role in the third movie.The villains from the first two movies will return and will try to get Gru by hurting him where it hurts most: His daughters. They'll report that he isn't fit to be a parent to social workers because of his past life as a villain. Lucy will even get arrested because of her association with Gru. Then, the girls would be forced by the villains to pilot off some "ultimate crime" with two possible outcomes. Should they succeed, they won't be split from each other and their family. If they don't, they'll have to say "bye" for good.
- It was mentioned that the girls will have bigger roles in the film, but that's all that's been said so far.
Despicable Me 3 will have a focus on EdithThe first movie mostly focused on Margo (and therefore the others) accepting Gru as a father. Although she did get another role in Despicable Me 2, that one focused a little more on Agnes with her need of a mother figure. I think the third movie will give Edith a focus, possibly about the mother/daughter relationship between her and her new stepmother.
- One possibility for the third movie's plot could involve a biological child being on the way and that causing one of the girls (Most likely Edith due to her having the least focus so far) to worry that her adoptive parents will not care about her as much when they have a new baby who is biologically related to them.
- Alternatively, given the introduction of Dru, Edith could develop a relationship with her uncle.
- Somewhat confirmed. As stated in the above WMG, the girls' role will increase, and as such, so will Edith's.
The 3rd movie will be called Despicable ThreeIt's a good name.
- Jossed, the film follows the same naming process as its predecessors. However, the title is stylized as ''Despicable M3".
The third movie will feature heroes from Gru's past who don't realize he's retiredThey will try to get to him, and "save" the girls (and Lucy) from his clutches without realizing he's their father. Gru will team up with other super villains to get them back, as the villains go to save the day.
The third movie will feature female Minions.Because why not?
Margo will be leaving college.Word of God recently stated on Twitter that Margo would be going through "crazy stuff" and a recent official art shows Margo and her sister all grown up. The "crazy stuff" could be referring to her heading off to college and she may not feel ready.
- Jossed, in the second trailer, Margo is still a preteen.
- And hopefully Matt Stone will be included in the voice cast somehow.
- Confirmed. The disguises Bratt uses involve Parker utilizing some of his South Park voices.
A singer or band/group from the '80s will sing the ending song in the closing credits.That would be a great way to finish the film.
- Jossed. Pharrell and Trey Parker sing the end credit song.
Dr Nefario also has an identical relative.Instead of a brother, it's a distant cousin; and instead of Russell Brand pulling double duty, he'll be voiced by Noel Fielding!
The girls' role will be essential for the plotFollowing the two WMGs from above, the girls will be getting bigger roles in this film. Exactly what kind is the question. However given the theme for the movie is sibling (apparently of the rivalry sort) their roles may be of getting both Dru and Gru to care about one another as siblings and why it's important. Makes sense given that the girls were always a tight knit group since their time at the orphanage.
Lucy's motherhood struggles stem from her troubled childhood.A magazine article talked briefly about Lucy having slightly different problems with being a new parent than Gru had in the first movie. Given Lucy's past (parents killed by villain) the problems may stem from not knowing how to "act" like a mom since her mother was out of her life from an early age.
The Dance Party Ending will be 80s themed.
- Jossed, unlike the previous movies, there is no Dance Party Ending. There is Creative Closing Credits with a song performed by Trey Parker.
The robot seen on the "Evil Bratt" lunchbox will serve as Balthazar's equivalent to the Minions.They'll be voiced by Matt Stone.
- Jossed. Bratt only has one robot named Clive who is voiced by Andy Nyman. However, he does have a swarm of drones made from Evil Bratt action figures.
Bratt's goal is to air the final episode of his show.Pushing him from Affably Evil into Jerkass Woobie territory.
- Jossed. However, Bratt's plan is to destroy Hollywood in a manner similar to an episode of his show.
The bartender is Agnes' biological father.The Meaningful Echo in the "fluffy unicorn" exchange is the main piece of evidence here.