I may be wrong, but I think he said there would be spinoffs of Dead Fantasy. G and S might be those spinoffs (but as for what they stand for, your guess is as good as ours)
- Assuming that they are the spinoffs, the "G" might stand for "Gaiden".
- Maybe S stands for Shippuden.
Probably Kasumi and Hayate, with Cloud coming in for the Big Damn Heroes moment.
However, notable members of Team Tecmo aren't in on the plan. Kasumi didn't know her clones would be called in in IV, even though they don't attack her till she attacks them, and Hitomi slaps Hayate across the face after the events of V, clearly angry with what he's done. And finally, the fourth member of team Tecmo is Rachel, a demon hunter from Ninja Gaiden who goes right for Rinoa(a witch) upon her arrival. All of these are people that could be convinced to go along with Hayate's plan, or manipulated... and Hayate's been shown in canon to care more about the welfare of his clan than his family, given he sent kill squads after Kasumi in DOA 3. It's entirely possible he plans to trade the Square Enix fighters to DOATEC to protect his clan from their constant attention, given DOATEC's constant use of Mugen Tenshin ninja as weapons.
Given Monty's comments on "are you sure 'that person' is a good guy?" in interviews, and that "something unexpected happens in VIII and IX", it's entirely possible that the sides may change from company lines to heroes and villains. This leaves it ambiguous what Helena's game is, but that's for waiting and seeing.
Note the rather sudden shift between DF I&II and DF III, IV, and V. We go from the characters regularly getting shot and sliced without any real consequence in the first two to having Tifa and Kasumi getting horribly maimed as they fight their enemies later on. At the very least, it seems as if the reality they were fighting in during the first two videos was something much different than in the latter three.
- Squall. Rinoa has already appeared, and we've seen Cloud get involved already. At the very least, we're going to see how Rinoa got that Revolver-style gunblade.
- Ultimecia. Just to mix things up a bit.
- Tidus. We've already seen Yuna and Rikku in action, and Cloud's presence has set a precedence for other male FF characters getting involved.
- Auron. Because he's Auron.
- Red XIII. One thing you can say about Monty, he loves making creative fight scenes, and it would be just his style to bring a non-humanoid creature like Red XIII into a fight scene to make things even wilder and more insane.
- Since Yuna and Rikku are already present, one wonders how long until Paine pops by to round out the YRP trio.
- Sabin. Because motherfucker suplexed a train. He'd fit in just fine with the over-the-top fight scenes of Dead Fantasy.
- Terra, anyone? The fight started with females and the majority of fighters at the moment are girls, so she'd fit right in. And, at least in Dissidia, she's primarily a mage, so she'd be different from most of the others, who, with some exceptions, are physical fighters who implement magic at times.
- Sephiroth. Just because.
- Yuffie. Her talents as a Materia Thief would be valuable here in recovering the materia from Hitomi.
- Naminé. Well, Law of Conservation of Detail. There's got to be a reason for this.
- Confirmed, but not until Episode VIII.
- At this rate, there's a good chance that Aqua or Xion may join the party.
- Zidane. Because the prehensile tail would give Monty some fun options in a fight. Also because he will break out of the digital world and kill us all if we try and keep him away from so many pretty girls. Of course, he's loyal enough that he'd probably drag Dagger along for the ride.
- Terra, Aqua and Ventus. No words are necessary.
- Lightning. She can actually perform the acrobatics showcased in DF, wields a weapon which would be awesome (assault rifle and sword?). She canonically defies gravity anyways, she is a real soldier (I'm looking at you, Cloud) and she's incredibly badass.
- Let's add Sora into the mix. And Riku. Hell, let's also put in Mickey for the Rule of Cool.
- Monty has already suggested some characters here. Cloud and Vincent are confirmed, so one wonders when will the others appear as well.
- Shiki Misaki.
- Cloud and Yuna fighting Hayate. Why? Well, Hayate hurt Tifa, and if Cloud finds that out, I rather doubt he'll take it well. And Yuna would probably back him up.
- Naminé vs. Momiji is
all butconfirmed. Following on that, it wouldn't be too outlandish to have Kairi vs. Ryu Hayabusa going on as well.
- Kairi vs Ryu is somewhat comfirmed. Kairi transforms into Naminé, who outclasses Momiji, who gets saved by Ryu. Oh, and Vincent Valentine appears. Hell,yeah!
- Hayate VS Hitomi might very well become the first example of in-fighting in Team DOA. She did look pretty pissed at the end of DFV, and she might want answers to what the whole conspiracy thing is about. Hayate would very likely have at least some plot-important information, as he seems to be in the loop about what Helena's after and seemed almost guilty about his part in it at the end of DFV.
- At least one character against Organization 13. ALL of them. At the same time. Because it would be awesome.
I'm sure I don't need to remind everyone which materia glows white. Who's to say that a particular dead Cetra won't show up at some point?
- As much as I hate to poop on the party, that's not materia. It's the fletching from one of those Annoying Arrows.
- Except it doesn't resemble fletching at all.
- You must need a higher res video of the scene, not only can you see it's definitely a fletching you can even see the black line that's the shaft leading up. Then re-watching the views beforehand, you can clearly see there is an arrow with a fletching sticking out at her lower back. It would have been a cool idea but you can very clearly see it's an arrow in the higher res videos.
- Really, one wonders why Tifa would have taken a beating like that if she had access to the white materia to begin with.
- Though after looking closer I do sadly agree that it's an arrow, if it had been the white materia it wouldn't have made any difference in the fight since it's a pretty big point in FFVII that it doesn't do jack squat unless you're trying to use it against something it agrees is a major threat to the planet. But it would have been a big ace in the hole if it turned out that Hayate's group (or some yet unknown enemy) are up to anything major enough to activate it.
- Except it doesn't resemble fletching at all.
- Or maybe it's not the white materia, but... KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND!
- I thinks so too. Wondering what the FF Mooks would be. SOLDIERs? SEEDs?
- I think not so much. While Team DOA did outnumber Team FF for half of DF I and a third of DF II, at the end of DF II Team FF outnumbered Team DOA (though that probably wasn't necessary, given how much of a curbstomping Rinoa alone gives them). Also, there was a "fair fight" all the way through III, and Hitomi clearly won. Sure, Hayate had his ninjas Zerg Rush Tifa, but he only directly attacked her once, when she got dangerously close to hitting him. Judging from the interactions between Helena, Hayate and Hitomi, I'd guess that Helena and/or DOATEC are the villains, and they "convinced" Hayate to work for them, though how is unknown at this time. As for why exactly the two teams are fighting at all, it seems likely that Team FF were somehow transported into the DOA universe (case in point: DOATEC exists and Helena has access to all their resources), and Team DOA is simply assuming them to be invaders. In short, territorial instinct at work. No clear villains. It explains why Ryu and Momiji are investigating, as the Hayabusa Clan seems to be dedicated to dealing with supernatural threats to the world.
Fighting professional killers? Everyone's Grudge/Karma!
And of course, it would be awesome.
- Well, Kairi, Naminé, Xion are the same person after all.
- Yes, but Kairi and Naminé don't share a body is what I mean. They're two separate beings and can't take the forms of each other. I think Xion can take both their forms if she wants to. This could also explain why Naminé has keyblade-like wings and acts a bit like a Boss in Mook's Clothing from Kingdom Hearts.
- Well, technically, we don't know that Kairi and Naminé can't take each other's forms, considering that, by the end of Kingdom Hearts II, they are sharing a body, as Naminé has rejoined with Kairi. The Keyblade wings are most likely a case of Rule of Cool. That said, one could possibly say that Kairi is just using her version of Final Form, given the power level and the fact that she's already used Valor. Just as Sora's Final Form incorporates aspects of Roxas (multiple keyblades, for example), Kairi takes it Up to Eleven by simply becoming Naminé in uber-powerful form.
- Xion is a doll. If anyone is a separate being from Kairi/Naminé, it would be Xion.
Alternately, someone else will finish it by using what he left behind.