- She could be in a Penal Legion, as mutation is considered a crime in the Imperium and those who aren't purged by the Ecclesiarchy or employed in special units of the Imperial Guard might instead end in those.
The circumstances leading to Yang and Weiss meeting in 40K are just too good to be the result of chance, let's resumes them, first for Yang:
- Arrives in a planet of the Civilized World class, technologically advanced and pleasant, in the agricultural region made of mostly farms, a medium-sized Hive on the horizon, very far from the barbaric feral worlds or the Gothic cyberpunk nightmare of Hive Worlds or Forge World, it helps on giving a good first impression.
- Is attacked by a Chaos raid which lacks the strenght to overrun the planet (or else Yang's story would be over very quick) but still shows her how monstrous and barbaric the Chaos followers are, inciting her on enlisting and thus moving out of Woadia.
- Meets Vadiik, a very experienced and open minded woman that not only doesn't try to burn her at a stake the moment she realize Yang isn't an imperial, but even introduce her to this new universe. Needless to say, in an Imperium of Man brainwashed for ten millenia by the Imperial Faith, that's pretty much exceptional.
- Ends in a Imperial Guard regiment that's not too much of a hellhole. Sure the Drill Sergeants are assholes and Commissars are well... Commissars, but nothing close to the inferno some regiments can be (the Valhallan 18th or anyone from Krieg to cite a couple of examples)
- Has her first deployment in the same planet Inquisitor Weiss Schnee will carry out her plan for assassinating Inquisitor Ezzelino, and being an Aura user apparently meaning also being an extremely powerful psyker, was pretty sure to finally end in Weiss' presence.
Now for Weiss:
- Was transfered in the 40K verse after reaching her 61st birthday, meaning with already a good chunk of life experience and probably having been in a high position among the Schnee Dust Company (if not its new CEO).
- Arrived on a planet of 110% certified badasses that just fend off a Chaos raid (of course, they are the descendants of the Tanith First and Only!), in the middle of a pile of rubble and in a 10 years old body, meaning that people would naturally think that she lost her family in the raid and thus sent in the Schola Progenium.
- Thanks to her previous 60 years of experience in leading and fighting, coupled with her great self-discipline made her get on the top of the class ranking, such as even when it was (maybe) discovered that this "Schnee Dust Company" doesn't exist, she was allowed to still stay, which ended with her in the path to become Inquisitor.
- Also thanks to her Aura (maybe) giving her extremely strong psyker powers and that they are of Telepathy and Empathy, she had been able to uncover a lot of heretic cults with unparalleled efficiency, making her the new raising star of the Inquisition and thus able to try to change the Imperium according to her old beliefs back when she was on Remnant.
- Carries out a plot to kill Inquisitor Ezzelino on the same planet at the same time the 111sth Woadian Rangers are present, among them Trooper Yang Xiao Long.
That's a lot of good coincidences leading to both women to be in advantageous positions and meeting each other, and seeing the sheer size of the Imperium and the gap between Weiss and Yang's world of arrival (Tanith Nova would logically be on the Segmentum Pacificus, while Woadia is in the Segmentum Obscurus), all these "coincidences" just can't be coincidences anymore, someone or something clearly engineered the path Weiss and Yang took.That someone could be the Emperor himself. In the canon omake A Spark of the Divine, he said to Weiss that the strain of being on the Golden Throne split his soul into several fragments, each of them with its own knowledge and agency. Due to the Warp's Timey-Wimey Ball nature, one of those "shards" ended in the Remnant universe and started looking through Remnant's history who could suit his needs the most, people with the strength of body and mind to guide the Imperium toward reforms that it desperately needs, and found what he was looking for in team RWBY, and then put them in situations such as they will have the resources (Weiss being Inquisitor) and the strength (Aura and monstrous psyker levels) to change things.
- Jossed. Pyrrha, who died between Weiss and Yang, appeared centuries earlier than either.
- Jossed, sort of. Maion is an Eldar that inherited Aura control from her grandmother, Pyrrha.
- Jossed as with the WMG above. Maion is an Eldar from 40K.