Wand of Fortune is an Otome Game series by Idea Factory (Otomate) that takes place in a medieval fantasy city called Latium. The story centers around a cheerful 15-year-old girl (default name Lulu, but you can decide to change it at the start of the game) who travels to Latium in order to study at Mirus Clare (taken from Latin: mirus means "wonderful," and clare can either mean "bright" or "famous"), a renowned school of magic. However, when the two School Presidents Ivan and Vania administer her the test to determine her element, they discover that she doesn't have one. Seeing her crestfallen they explain to her that she could acquire one through interactions with othersothers being, of course (this is an otome game, after all) six Bishounen, each of whom belongs to a different element.
Wand of Fortune has been released in the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita platforms. Several of its stories have been officially translated in English through the Story Jar app by Solmare. It also has two fandiscs and a sequel, making it one of the Long-Runners among Otomate's franchises.
Provides examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation: The Story Jar version greatly condenses the plot into short, mobile-fit chapters, but sacrifices most of the greater plot as a result.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Julius, except that he's not a professor. He forgets completely about the protagonist until they meet for the third time. He has been also known to walk straight into walls while ranting to himself about magic theory.
- Colour-Coded Characters: All the characters have different hair/eye colors, though only Lagi's and Est's (and arguably Alvaro's) actually pertain to their respective elements.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Deadpan Snarker: Est. The developers must've.
- Emotional Maturity Is Physical Maturity: Averted with Ivan, who acts his age (over 200) though he has the appearance of a child, but played straight with his (younger) twin sister, who looks about 30 and behaves that way.
- For the Evulz: Alvaro Garay. Why is he making Lulu suffer? Because he likes it. Lulu eventually returns the favor.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Justified in the case of Lagi, who is half dragon and will transform (for unknown reasons) into a rather small red dragon if he touches a female.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Lulu has pink hair and has a bright and sweet disposition.
- Updated Re-release: Wand of Fortune R, the PS Vita version, fully revamps the system, adds more than forty CG and even gives partial voice acting to Lulu.
- Wizarding School: Mirus Clare is a school for future magicians.