You are a doctor running a clinic in a small city. One day an odd man appears with a young girl, he thanks you for helping out and to repay a debt. In return, he gives a slave girl named Sylvie. He puts her care into your hands and departs. Leaving you with an emotionally distant, horribly scarred girl wearing nothing but a sack for clothing. Her fate is in your hands to either help her heal and move on from her traumatic past. Or to be an even crueler master.
Teaching Feeling provides examples of:
- Ascended Meme: Due to a large number of people wishing to be a father figure role, than a lover. Even having a mod that stops you from being locked out of game content because you didn't want to have sex with Sylvie, allowing you to be a father figure. A later update on the game led to you being able to have Sylvie call you by a different name. If you choose to be called "Daddy" or "Papa" she'll ask if you think of her as a daughter.
- Broken Bird: Sylvie being a broken bird is the most all-encompassing aspect of her character. She is a slave who was badly abused by her sadistic prior master, leaving her feeling less than human. Literally, the entire game is about putting her back together again.
- Covered with Scars: Sylvie has burn scars all along her body from her former master.
- Good People Have Good Sex: The sex scenes with Sylvie after you have been kind and loving to her have a positive tone while the ones where you abuse and rape her are bleak.
- Made a Slave: From a young age she was owned by the mysterious man you saved.
- Video Game Caring Potential: This game is this trope incarnate. You play as a small city doctor who one day is visited by a wandering merchant whose life you had once saved who has come to repay his debt to you. He entrusts you with a small, horrifically abused former slave girl called Sylvie whose former master (now deceased) used to torture her daily for fun, leaving her with grotesque acid burns all over her body. The entire focus of the game is caring for her, repairing her damaged psyche with kindness, compassion, and head pats and, as the name suggests, teaching her to feel again, until she learns to be happy, hopeful, and eventually fall in love with you. It's in fact mandatory to treat her this way as, although you start out being given options to treat her poorly, or even rape her right off the bat, these are all traps as treating her in any way other than pure kindness will lead to her unavoidably catching a cold and dyingnote . It's also worth noting that, although the game is a hardcore eroge with a big emphasis on sexual content (once you reach the stage where she's both willing and able to freely consent to it), there are several people who have reportedly played it by actually rejecting her advances, skipping all the sexual content, getting Sylvie to call them "Daddy" and raising her as their daughter, because she's just that Moe.note
- With a later update, you can also start teaching her medicine and turn her into your assistant, complete with a white (or black or pink) nurse outfit and she will smile in return for you giving her a purpose in life. Heartwarming doesn't being to describe it.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: As mentioned above, when you are given Sylvie you can continue to abuse her and rape her off the bat. Leading to her getting sick and dying.