Smoldep’s Magickal Adventure is a Google Slides Visual Novel written by Athanasynt/Ash S. It is notable for Stylistic Suck, making you question your life decisions, and for having been created with a presentation maker.
Smoldep’s Magickal Adventure (Also officially known as Smoldep’s Magickal Acid Trip) is the first instalment of the eponymous Meta Fiction series. However, unlike it’s continuations Smoldeps Magickal Adventure 2 Even Gayer and Smoldeps Magickal Adventure 3 The Bigdep, it does not contain any plot and was made to be Athanasynt’s practice run of making visual novels in Google Slides.
Technically, this is a Spin-Off series. However, the original game featuring Smoldep as a side character, An Extreme Adventure, is not out for public release and was made by Athanasynt’s friend TampliteSiphronKents to be shared in their puny little social circle.
This visual novel provides examples of:
- Better than a Bare Bulb: Given the limitations of using Google Slides, this trope is used a lot, especially in Rule of Funny situations.
- But Wait, There's More!: Be sure not to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime offer of Smoldep’s Pop Quiz!
- Captain Ersatz: Thanos, T-pose shrek and Ron weasly.
- Flanderisation: While Smoldep was a Heroic Comedic Sociopath Cat Girl in the original An Extreme Adventure, her more cattier personality traits are taken up to eleven here. For example, she definitely wasn’t a Sir Swears-a-Lot. However, she was still just as much of a Deadpan Snarker.
- Kick the Dog: Smoldep casually saying that it’s ‘time for her to kill innocent children’ counts as this trope.
- Little Bit Beastly: Smoldep’s physical appearance includes real cat ears and a tail, and in some depictions, a Fur Bikini.
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: The title screen background? Smoldep’s Dorito Storm? The uh… Legendary prize at the end of the game? Yeah, those make just as much sense in context.
- Medium Awareness: Invoked almost as many times as Smoldep fucks your mom.
- The title screen has Smoldep realizing that the player can just click anywhere to go to the next page instead of using a new game button.
- Smoldep Lampshade Hanging the illusion of free will.
- And then her giving you a surprisingly friendly reminder to check if all the transitions have finished playing before clicking on any options.
- No Fourth Wall: Pretty sure this game is just Smoldep torturing the player directly for the 5 or so minutes they take to finish it.
- Pop Quiz: The main climax of the game is one.
- Special Attack: The Dorito Storm — Pest Edition.
- Smoldep also casts *fucking die* on the player when they refuse to like and comment on her Youtube channel.
- Troll: Most of the links are an attempt to Rick Roll you. The game even assumes you’ve been rick rolled by it enough times to have memorised the link for the Pop Quiz.