Shall We Date?: Magic Sword is an installment of the Shall We Date? series.
Princess Margaret Watson is ruler of Theodore and the guardian of the holy sword Excalibur. Since her father passed away, she's left to defend her country alongside her mother, the queen. One day, the castle is attacked by King Arthur and his forces. He demands to be given Excalibur, claiming it to belong to his country of Logres. A knight tries to protect the castle and sword, but one of Arthur's accomplices take the sword. With the sword stolen, the princess must venture to Logres with three warriors to recover it. During the journey, she gets closer to one of the men. How will this affect their quest?
Shall We Date?: Magic Sword provides examples of:
- Bodyguard Crush: The three love interests all develop this for the princess.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Estel and the protagonist were playmates as children.
- Excalibur: A legendary sword, which has been in the princess's family for generations.
- In Name Only: Any actual resemblance to Arthurian Legend beyond the names of Arthur, Merlin, and Excalibur is purely coincidental. Among other things, Merlin in this story is a sexy young woman, and the plot revolves around Arthur's theft of Excalibur from its rightful guardians.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Although she doesn't start off well, the princess practices sword fighting. The main plot also focuses on her retrieving Excalibur from Arthur who stole it from her kingdom.