Shall We Date?: Angel or Devil is an installation of the Shall We Date? series.
Akane Tonami ended up sleeping in and is running late for work. She's on her way to the train station when she's held up by a traffic light. She sees a little boy run out into a street when she notices a car heading towards the boy. She rushes to save the boy and gets hit. She wakes up in a hospital room. Just outside of the hospital are an angel, a demon, and a reaper talking about her.
Shall We Date?: Angel or Devil contains examples of:
- Dark Is Not Evil: While the demons and reapers seem evil and malevolent at first, they come to love you and a couple are willing to defy their boss for you.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Akane rushes out in the middle of a street to save a little boy from a car.
- Interspecies Romance: The primary focus is a romance between Akane, a human, and her choice of a guy who can be an angel, a demon, or a reaper.
- Kiss of Death: It's implied (and sometimes directly stated) in multiple routes that kissing a demon/reaper/angel could potentially lead to him taking your soul.
- Light Is Good: The angels concern themselves with preserving your soul from temptation and guiding you to Heaven.
- Multiple Endings: Each route contains a Normal Ending, Happy Ending, and Super Happy Ending.
- Spin-Off: Each character has a spin-off story that you can read by going into the "Change Story" option. Some characters may have more stories than others. There were also some event stories available when the visual novel was active.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Akane has one week left to live. Her love interests are here to collect her soul.