Yuuya Kisaragi is a normal high school student. He's a part of the regional history research club — or ReRe Club for short — with three girls who grew up with him: Haruka Arisue, a pink-haired girl and a cheery Tomboy who is good at sports like baseball and bad with schoolwork. Sayuri Miyasu, a gentle white-haired Ojou who excels at all kinds of domestic chores, especially sewing. And Kanna Totomi, a Brainy Brunette who doesn't have an easy time interacting with people and, ironically enough, is the president of their school club.
One day, the student council president tells him that unless his club contributes something of value to the upcoming School Festival, the club will be disbanded. Now he must decide what they should do to save the club. Unfortunately, his choice leads him down a dangerous path. How will this end for him and his club?
Naturally, such a cliché setting and ensemble is just the introduction for an art-style dissonant adventure rife with bloody Bad Endings and multiple flavors of Yandere with their own weapons and psychological issues. It's right on the tin for a good reason.
A playlist with English translation can be found here.
My Harem Heaven Is Yandere Hell provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Each of the main heroines have this. Haruka's father was physically abusive, Sayuri's parents completely controlled her life in early childhood and the only reason they currently don't is because of her grandfather, Kanna's parents are never home and don't really care for her wellbeing.
- Anime Theme Song: The visual novel opens with an anime-style opening.
- Art Shift: After Kayako's murder, the text and menu boxes change. The paper is torn and the text is scraggly. Also, when entering the menu, Izaemon's face is there as if reminding you that everything has changed.
- Beauty, Brains, and Brawn: Sayuri, Kanna, and Haruka, respectively.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Why the three girls love Yuuya so much. He continually showed kindness, forgiveness, or just plain support when they were at a dark time in their life. These feelings only intensified when he protected them from a rabid dog.
- Beware The Quiet/Silly/Nice Ones: Applies to Kanna, Haruka and Sayuri respectively.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Yuuya foreshadows that he's like a protagonist in an anime.
- Child Hater: Kanna's father was described as not liking children, explaining why he never paid any attention to Kanna.
- Childhood Friends: All three of the main girls are this to Yuuya.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Kanna, Haruka and Sayuri all act like this at some point.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Prior to the actual story, Yuuya has a dream about someone getting killed by a person wearing a mascot costume. This turns out to be Kayako who was murdered by one of the love interests in the Izaemon costume.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: The girls lose the sparkle in the eyes during the Yandere half of the story.
- Foreshadowing: All over the place.
- The girls all being possessive of Yuuya.
- Haruka getting upset over Yuuya saying that he doesn't need her and threatening to kill the two of them.
- During Sayuri's route, Yuuya sees someone dressed up in a mascot suit. During his foreshadowing dream, he saw someone dressed as a mascot standing over a corpse.
- Education Mama: The real reason why the ReRe Club is being threatened. The girls' parents, as well as the teachers, don't like the idea that Yuuya is spending so much time with the girls. All of them have a set future, but they want to get rid of Yuuya so that their daughters can focus on their academics.
- Genre Shift: Although it should be expected, it starts off like a cute, quirky anime with a boy and his three friends, but it goes into a horror story after Kayako's murder.
- Harem Genre: Of the Yandere variety.
- If I Can't Have You…: The Bad Ends will result in one of the yanderes (or more depending on the choice) killing Yuuya if she feels like he rejected her.
- Indirect Kiss: Haruka tries to do this with Yuuya when being fed Sayuri's food. In response, Sayuri licks the chopsticks to replace Haruka's Indirect Kiss with her own.
- Intimate Healing: When Haruka gets sick, Yuuya allows her to lie on top of him. Cue Sayuri and Kanna trying to get Yuuya's attention by pretending to be sick.
- Jealous Parent: Haruka states the reason why she and the other girls would want sons is because they don't want any daughters to steal Yuuya away. Yuuya voices how sick that sounds.
- Marshmallow Hell: Sayuri does this to Yuuya when she's first introduced. Haruka even mentions this trope by name.
- Mood Whiplash: The opening song goes from happy and cheerful to ominous and dark very quickly. The same can be said for the main story after Kayako's murder.
- Multiple Endings: Each girl has a variety of endings. If you make the wrong choice, you may get a Bad End and get Yuuya killed.
- Not Good with Rejection: Most of the Bad Ends are a result of the girls thinking that Yuuya is rejecting them.
- Psychotic Love Triangle: Well, love rectangle, but still.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: This happens when the girls go full yandere on Yuuya.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: If you manage to cautiously avoid the girls' interest, you get an ending where the ReRe Club doesn't manage to fulfill Shizuka's challenge, gets disbanded, and the three main characters' relationship peters out naturally. The game ends with Yuuya sadly reminiscing before deciding to take a little nap on the grass. Cue creepy and unexpected bad end screen.
- Themed Harem: Full of yandere girls, obviously.
- The Three Faces of Eve: Sayuri fits as the wife, Haruka as the child, and Kanna to a lesser extent as the seductress.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Apparently, Haruka regularly goes on a rampage and nearly destroys the classroom.
- Yandere: It's in the title for a reason. All three of the main girls love Yuuya and are willing to kill for his love. There are bad endings where one or multiple girls will kill Yuuya if they feel like he is rejecting them. Even before the selected love interest becomes homicidal, the girls fought for Yuuya’s attention and became insanely jealous seeing Yuuya with other girls, including each other. Early signs include Kanna forging a marriage certificate between her and Yuuya without his knowledge and Haruka going on a rampage in class when Yuuya says he doesn’t need her and her threatening a Murder-Suicide.