Halloween Otome is an original English language game made by Synokoria. It is available for free here.
Emma Cee (you can change the name if you wish) wins a radio contest to attend a two week-long masquerade filled with costumed (and unidentifiable) celebrities, hosted by actor Erik Valdemar. Emma soon finds out that the masquerade is in fact a game invented by the host, forcing groups to play games and complete puzzles in order to gather the most points and win the competition! Emma must work with her teammates to try and win the competition and make the most out of her experience.
Synokoria have released a sequel, Valentines Otome, which takes place after the events of Halloween Otome and features Emmas best friend, Mira Cosgrove, as protagonist.
Halloween Otome contains examples of:
- Accidental Kiss: Happens when Emma stumbles on the stairs and falls into Erik. Depending on the route the player is on, can be downplayed by Emma or possibly exaggerated by Mr. Bandages."I'm fine. My jaw's just a bit sore, that's all."-Emma
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Mr. Bandages near the end of his route, when saying hurtful things to Emma. This includes, but is not limited to: Talking about how he's interested in a hookup, but not a relationship, and then making moves on Emma. Acting cocky and as though Emma is lucky to have the opportunity to be with him. Treating Emma like a "floozie" that can be bought.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Arguably in all three routes, but especially in Mr. Bandages'.
- Big Eater: Emma constantly eats, is constantly hungry, and her companions frequently comment on it.
- The Charmer: The Count takes almost every opportunity to flirt with Emma, and his ability to charm women is seen in other instances, too.
- Competition Freak: Mr. Bandages seems a little worked up over the competition. This trope affects the way he treats his companions at the beginning, and as a result, his later interactions with Emma.
- Expressive Mask: Mr. Wolfs ears move in response to his emotions.
- The Face: The Count fills this role, since Mr. Wolf is too shy and Mr. Bandages is too cold. Possibly proven during one of their challenges, if chosen for the task.
- Fangirl: Played for laughs when fangirls coo about Tyger, Mr. Wolfs stage name without knowing that hes nearby.
- Fate Drives Us Together: Emma and Mr. Bandages during their day off. In addition, both seem mildly annoyed by the other's presence.
- Though she runs into both The Count and Mr. Wolf as well in their respective routes, they both seem to enjoy her company.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Although the default name of the protagonist is Emma Cee, the option is provided to change it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his bossy and snobbish behavior in parts of the game, Mr. Bandages is portrayed as one, though YMMV as to whether he's this or a straight-up Jerkass.
- The Leader: Emma serves as this, elected into position by The Count and supported by Mr. Wolf. Can be levelheaded or headstrong depending on the players choices.
- Luminescent Blush: Exaggerated in Mr. Wolf, who blushes often in regular conversation and his entire face and neck turn bright red in extreme cases (such as when Emma says something mildly inappropriate).
- Master Actor: The Count, due to his quick costume changes and ability to fool everyone (well, except Mr. Bandages) into not knowing that hes Erik.
- Meaningful Name: Emma Cee's name was chosen of its similarity to MC (Main Character). Mr. Wolf's real name Tyler is a reference to the singer and composer of much of the game's music.
- Erik's name brings to mind the Phantom of the Opera, whom he wears a costume of.
- More Than Meets the Eye: The Count is an example of this, as he explains to Emma. His outward personality is just a farce to impress his guests while his real personality is much more docile and honest, as Emma finds out when she walks in on him reading a book in the library.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Downplayed (especially in the case of The Count), but Emma and Mr. Bandages' hair (in length/style and colour, respectively) is striking enough that Emma should have recognized one of the guys, or vice versa.
- Secret Identity: All the guests at the party have this, to avoid gold-diggers and keep the game from becoming political, due to their celebrity status. Emma has this so she can fit in. Especially seen with The Count, whos really Erik, the host!
- Shrinking Violet: Mr. Wolf, demonstrated by his stammering, copious uses of uh and um, as well as his ability to get embarrassed very easily. Downplayed by his satisfactory conversation skills and especially by his singing career.
- Tsundere: The stoic Mr. Bandages, though at certain points he seems more lust-struck than love-struck.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Seen with Mr. Bandages and The Count. Their constant bickering is obviously indicative of their deep-rooted affection and friendship for each other.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: When looking at a list of her teammates' skills, Emmas is the only one without an impressive list of skills (stating unknown). Mr. Bandages comments on this a few times.