One fine day, while Tomokazu Sugita was hanging out at Arc System Works, he and the staff of BlazBlue decided to adapt his doujin light novel into a visual novel. And thus Getsuei Academy Kou was made.
Getsuei Academy Kou follows the story of Hiroshi Tomoya who on his first day of transferring to a new school, gets attacked by a being known as a "Hazard". He's then saved by a girl named Eiri Mitsuki, who suddenly kills him off for some reason. He then wakes up and finds out that the date on the calendar shows that it was the day that he gets transferred to his new school. He then sets out to find out what these "Hazards" are and fight against them with the help of the student council.
Originally a doujinshi game made by AGRS (aka Tomokazu Sugita with his buddies at his agency, Atomic Monkey) for the PC, Getsuei Academy Kou is a Visual Novel for the Playstation Vita and was released in Japan on October 10, 2013. It was then ported to Steam but only in Japanese.
Tropes that apply to Getsuei Academy Kou
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council
- Anyone Can Die: Just from the trailers alone, we've seen a lot of the main cast dead thanks to the Hazard.
- Cool Mask: Akane Kudoin, though the mask does look like a Char mask.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Kyoichiro Godo does look like a chick from certain angles until he starts opening his mouth. Then again, his voice actor also did Akira Ishida.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: From the looks of how the intro goes.
- Hero Killer: The Hazard.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Tsuyoshi Futamura and Ritsu Sigyo have this dynamic.
- Product Placement: One of the rooms shown in the trailers is full of nothing but BlazBlue products.