The story follows the titular Hank as he solves the mystery of a museum theft. Helping him on his quest are his wife, her dads, and various people who seem to be connected to the case (but who all plead innocent, of course).
The theft has three possible culprits, which means the player can go through the story multiple times to solve it again... and again... and again!
This game provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Combining steampunky aesthetics with more modern things.
- Femme Fatale: Saphira. Depending on which story path you're playing, she is either the culprit or a Red Herring.
- Great Detective: Hank.
- Happily Married: Hank and his wife Mary.
- Has Two Mommies: A gender-inverted example of this trope, as Mary has two fathers named Peter and Paul.
- Multiple Endings: There are four possible "paths" in the game, and the difference between them is that a different person is the culprit in each case though if it's Tomoe, she doesn't really count as a culprit, as the Golden Sneeze was originally hers in the first place.
- Mysterious Waif: Tomoe, though she has a more abrasive personality than most examples of this trope.
- Official Couple: Hank and Mary are married, as are Mary's two fathers Peter and Paul.
- Steampunk: Including a steampunk mobile phone.
- Whodunnit: Who stole the Golden Sneeze?