Daylight ~Asa ni Hikari no Kanmuri wo~ is a visual novel made by Senz in 2008. At first glance it may seems a boy's love game, but the shounen-ai hints are very light in the game. A manga adaption of the game was made in the same year by Akira Sakamoto.
The plot stars Uluca Rufen, called Luca by his friends. At the beginning of the new school term Luca find himself trasferred from his single room to a 2 person room in his dormitory. His new roomate is a gloomy senior named Eusmylus C. R. Wintertherioum (shortened as Eus). Soons after he is nominated the Morning Messenger of the Night Festival that will happen in two months. Not only will he have to deal with this role (considered very important), but thanks to his friend Mei, while trying to solve the seven mysteries of the Academy, he will be deeply involved with the secrets of the "Legend" very despised by him.....
Daylight ~Asa ni Hikari no Kanmuri wo~ provides examples of the following tropes:
- Big Eater: Eus is always hungry but especially likes sweets.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Eus
- Deadpan Snarker: Definetely Luca, especially towards Eus.
- Determinator: Luca, when he finds out that he is the sacrifice for Eus and tries to find a way to avert his destiny.
- Generation Xerox: Luca is very similiar to his ancestor Rufen, the first king of Chernia, as many characters denote in the story
- Golden Ending: Eus' ending is this. Luca is able to free himself from being the Sacrifice, the Night Dwellers don't need anymore to eat others humans and Eus can finally see the promised "daylight".
- Keet: Mei, initially.
- An Odd Place to Sleep: Luca tends to find Eus sleeping anywhere.
- Our Monsters Are Different: The Night Dwellers eats other humans because of their "light", something they do not have. They share some characteristics with vampires such as weakness to sunlight and being more strong and durable.
- Single-Minded Twins: The two twins both named Minmi definitely are this trope at first appearance, but there is more to it....
- Yandere: Mei in his bad ending.