Being able to control fate would be a blessing for many. To Miyon, it is her greatest curse. East and West Taria are in conflict, and Miyon's power will be the most valuable weapon. Meanwhile, Gai has been sold by his family into Miyon's temple. Will the two save or destroy one another?
This visual novel contains the following tropes:
- Blessed with Suck: Miyon has the power to receive visions and influence fate using various rituals, but anyone who looks directly into her eyes is immediately killed. Also applies to Gai's sister.
- Broken Bird: Miyon.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Gai's little sister. It turns out that she was born with the same curse as Miyon, inadvertently killed her parents, and ended up in another temple like Miyon, albeit with someone who treated her better than Miyon was treated.
- Deadly Gaze: One of Miyon's powers. She has to wear a veil over her eyes so that she doesn't inadvertently kill everyone she meets. As does Gai's sister.
- Gilded Cage: How Miyon lives.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Sasa for Miyon and Gai; she uses this to try and get the two to get along better. When Sasa is killed in an earthquake, it forces both Miyon and Gai to grow up and learn to depend on themselves.
- Mama Bear: Sasa is this for Miyon and for her own children.
- Parental Abandonment: The plot kicks off when Gai's parents sell him to Miyon's temple as a servant. It eventually comes to light that they did this because Gai's sister had the same curse as Miyon and they didn't want him to be hurt.
- Precocious Crush: Gai has one on Sasa.
- Team Mom: Sasa acts as a mother figure to both Gai and Miyon, neither of whom have any other positive role models in their lives.
- Time Skip: A five-year one takes place not too long after the festival.