- The story of Heavenly Host is not the only urban legend in Tenjin. Decades ago, a hidden operating room was found underneath the local Divine Blessing Hospital. Rumors swirled that a rogue doctor held horrifying experiments down there... But before the truth could be revealed, all information about the doctor and his work seemed to simply disappear.
Corpse Party D2: Fatal Operation is a companion story to the Corpse Party Fan Game Corpse Party D2: Depths of Despair. Set several days after the 'Mended Soul' resolution, it follows Naomi as a typical day at her job gets turned on its ear. She, along with her dear friend Seiko and four others, finds herself drawn into a cursed version of the old hospital, where they may learn the truth about that old legend... provided they survive.
The Demo version (v6) is available for download, and can be found here.
This Fan Sequel contains examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: Divine Blessing Hospital, in the closed space.
- Anachronism Stew: Though the closed space dates back to around 1982, more state-of-the-art technology can be found there. Whatever's behind the space appears to be actively stealing better tech from Naomi's hospital; it isn't just interested in human victims...
- Anyone Can Die: As in Corpse Party (PC-98), this ties directly into the Multiple Endings.
- Ax-Crazy: Kizami is back, remaining as Ax-Crazy as the main games.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In one of the endings, Machi manages to steal Seiko's body and escape to the real world with the other survivors.
- Beneath the Mask: During her introduction, Naho is polite to the receptionist, but as she walks away her inner monologue reveals she's fuming about how they see her profession as a joke.
- Beware the Nice Ones: In one of the endings, more specifically the one where Kizami kills Haruna, the party finds Haruna dead and her killer voices his desire to kill everyone else. Naho has none of it, uses black magic to fling their attacker at the wall and leave him behind, bound to the wall. The killer never escapes and vanishes from existance as Divine Blessing Hospital collapses.
- Big Damn Heroes: In Chapter 1, Haruna busts in and banishes the spirits tormenting Naomi.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Victim's Memoirs are written in blood on the walls.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Naomi has this,also Machi's entire drive is this: she was tired of being pitied by her brother and acquaintances. Sayaka (Seiko's mother) pitying her was the last straw that drove her to try to possess a body to escape the closed space.
- Driven to Suicide: Naomi believes this is what happened to Satoshi after they escaped from Heavenly Host.But he didn't really. See depths of despair for details
- Eye Scream: Part of the horrific injuries that landed Kizami in the hospital. While the doctor treating him is optimistic about his chances of surviving with the skin grafts, he states his eye may be unsalvagable.
- Goodies in the Toilets: Discussed while checking the men's bathroom:Naomi: There might be something important here, you know?
Seiko: In the urinal.
Naomi: Things don't always make sense in these situations, okay?
- HeelFace Turn: Yuuya Kizami (yes, seriously) can undergo something similar to this in the Survival Rank A for the Normal and true endings, if Haruna chooses the correct choices. If done correctly, he realizes that a part of himself wants to change for the better and will stop his crazed rampage. It helps that he only has killed zombies up until this point (without counting wrong ends).
- Heroic BSoD: In chapter 3, Seiko suffered this when she find the body of her mother.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The incident unfolds on Halloween.
- Hospital Hottie: Seiko jokes about this when texting Naomi, saying she looks cute in her uniform.
- Locked into Strangeness: Machi's hair turned white due to either this or Disease Bleach. She believes it was this.
- Love Confession: Seiko to Naomi in the True Ending .But whether Naomi accepts or not, according to Word of God, they'll keep supporting each other.
- Love Makes You Evil: A diary heavily implies that its author was cursed/believes she was cursed by a Shinozaki she knew because they were both interested in the same guy.
- Mad Doctor: The rogue doctor, Dr. Fuyu Hirata, naturally.
- Maybe Ever After: According to Word of God between Naomi and Seiko in the true ending, but it apparently depends on Naomi's answer to Seiko's question about going on a date. If you choose "This is so sudden" it opens the door for a relationship
- Monochrome Past: Naomi's flashbacks are tinged sepia.
- Mythology Gag:
- The extent of Kizami's injuries are a reference to his fate in Blood Covered. Specificially, after his death in that game, he's turned into an anatomical model.
- Naomi, at one point, asks Seiko if she remembered to bring her own medicine (as she herself says it, "her ass medicine"). Seiko mockingly asks if that's "really all you can remember about me?"
- One of the Wrong Ends involves Naomi, in a state of madness, hanging Seiko as a supposed Mercy Kill.
- Chapter 1 includes an argument much like the one in the first chapter of Blood Covered.
- No Party Like a Donner Party: One of the scattered notes Naomi can find alludes to this: the author's comforting their sister with 'if we run out of food you can eat me.'
- Not a Game: Naomi snaps this at Seiko when the other's trying to explain away what happened as some kind of prank.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The hospital reanimates the bodies of some of its victims.
- Sequel Escalation: Depths of Despair revolved around Ayumi ending up back in Heavenly Host alone. Fatal Operation has six victims trapped inside Divine Blessing Hospital.
- Survivor Guilt: Naomi, due in no small part to having a case of really bad timing back in Heavenly Host.
- The Reveal: Seiko's mother Sayaka dissapeared because Machi dragged her to the closed space and killed her.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: It's hinted that the doctor's horrific experiments were out of desperation to save his beloved sister Machi.
- Yandere: An odd example. In the Normal Ending, Seiko's spirit ends up trapped in Divine Blessing Hospital as its new master. A day after the other survivors escaped, she traps Naomi in her office and after saying that she abandoned her, she kills her so that they can be together forever, while saying that she loves her. The funny thing? As confirmed by Word of God,in this ending the souls trapped in the closed space are not released, so Seiko, Naomi and Seiko's mother, between others, end up trapped forever there.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Seiko's hair is still dyed green from that lost bet. Not only is she totally okay with this, she's cooridinated her outfit to match! With the extras menu you can reverse the hair colour in the character portrait to brown, but her sprite still has green hair.