Bliss Stage: Love Is Your Weapon is the official Visual Novel adaptation of the Tabletop Roleplaying Game Bliss Stage, by Ben Lehman's imprint, These Are Our Games. The game is being produced by Perpetual Motion Games .
Links to the Mediafires for the public demos for Mac, Windows, and Linux are available here.
The main discussion thread on Lemmasoft is here.
The story expands on the events and characters from the one-shot, Final Act, published in the first edition of Bliss Stage. It follows the adventures of Josh Preston, the newest pilot of The Treasure Island Resistance and son of its Magnificent Bastard Commander, Jim Preston. They are fighting a losing battle again an Alien Invasion by the Nightmares, a race of Eldritch Abominations from a dimension adjacent to our dreams.
His weapon? The ANIMa, a reverse-engineered alien device that creates a psychic manifestation of his intimate relationships. But time is running out for him... Bliss happens, and if he drags his feet too long, or acts like a Jerkass, he is going to either die messily or fall to the Bliss.
In addition to the tropes from the main Bliss Stage page, this game and its characters provide examples of:
This game contains examples of:
- Author Appeal: If a certain writer is in charge of a given character's dialog, this is probably part of the reason. Not to mention the character designer openly admits to a fetish for scars.
- Dating Sim: The Interludes.
- Discretion Shot: This game is probably going to be the equivalent of an ESRB M rating. Including explicit Optional Sexual Encounters is probably, given the age of the survivors of the Bliss, a very good way to wind up in a hostile court.
- Infinity +1 Sword: Hitting Intimacy 4 with a character gives you an upgraded weapon with special powers, useable at at least Trust 2: Intimacy 5 makes the power available without prerequisite trust (which is a mixed bag.)
- Level-Up at Intimacy 5: Based as it is on the Trope Namer.