Blankspace is a Visual Novel / Room Escape Game with Point-and-Click elements. Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, the story was released on July 23, 2020 by NoBreadStudio (who also developed SoulSet, a Mystery/Romance Visual Novel,).
Not sure what he's been doing the night before, Chris wakes up in a strange room, handcuffed to a pipe. He doesn't recognize the girl that wakes up next to him, but it seems they're both in a similar predicament. With no other option, he works with Beryl, the girl, to try and find an escape. Will they be able to? And will each of their secrets be revealed along the way?
- The Alcoholic: Chris' first assumption as to why he can't remember ending up in the room is that he got black-out drunk at a bar.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The room Chris and Beryl find themselves in is a completely "blank space", with the only color being themselves.
- Fire/Ice Duo: Invoked, with Chris having vibrant red hair and a sun on his handcuffs, while Beryl has dull teal hair and a snowflake on her handcuffs.
- Multiple Endings: Present, and dependent on the relationship between Chris and Beryl.
- Mysterious Past: One of the first things Beryl tells Chris is that this isn't the first time she's been in a situation like this, and she implies that she's seen Chris before while he hasn't seen her, but she is intentionally cloying when it comes to details.
- Stage Names: Upon hearing the girl identify herself as "Beryl", Chris immediately assumes that it's one of these because of how odd it is, and asks if she's a professional stripper.
- Troubled, but Cute: Chris is decently attractive, but frequently swears, drinks alcohol, and tends to carry around a pocket knife and cigarettes.
- You Wake Up in a Room: The story begins with Chris waking up chained to a pipe, and Beryl asleep on a couch she's chained to, in a locked room neither of them are familiar with.