Acquittal: Induction is a game based on the Ace Attorney series.
The game is set in the United Kingdom, 2019. It opens up on March 15th, the day of the triennual "FemCon", a lawyer convention that is attended by every single defense barrister and law student in the country, no exceptions. Fortunately, our protagonist, Storm Sente, was the one exception this year, for what soon followed was the FemCon incident. It came without warning, an explosion at Storm's university that left no survivors. As a result, Storm is the very last defense lawyer in the country, and it is up to him to find the truth in five challenging mysteries.
Storm goes up against several rivals throughout his adventures, including prosecutors Sebastian Donovan, Howard Silberling and Terri Wonder. With Richard Kingsley at his side, can he overcome these challengers and save his clients? Can he expose the corruption hidden by the police force? Can he thwart the terrorist plot against the law system? Or will they too succumb to the vengeance of the elusive FemCon terrorist?
A demo was released in August 2017, but has since been taken down as the developers are hard at work on an update. The full demo can still be watched on Youtube here.
This game provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Storm Sente.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Poor Richard Kingsley was blackmailed into confessing to owning the gun so the real killer could get away.
- Blatant Lies: Mendax's testimonies are laughably easy to crack, but why did he tell these lies in the first place?
- Cool Teacher: Charlie Lawrence. His antics result in him being suspended from the bar, forbidding him from attending FemCon.
- Courtroom Antics
- Dark Secret: Lawrence seems to be hiding something from Storm, as he won't explain why he's under investigation in the first scene.
- Fake Difficulty: The final puzzle in the demo. Storm must use the crime photograph to show the contradiction in the fact that there was blood splatter. To solve this, you must point at the wall in the background, because there's no blood on it. It makes no sense but everyone in the game seem to understand him well enough.Justice Sullivan: But... But... But of course!
- Figure It Out Yourself: Lawrence figures out parts of the first case long before Storm does.
- Improbable Weapon User: Richard the horse man sure is overly affectionate towards his gun.
- Friendly Rivalry: Storm and Donovan.
- Good Lawyers, Good Clients: So far, just Richard.
- Leave No Survivors: The FemCon Incident killed everyone who attended.
- Lifesaving Misfortune: Because of his broken alarm clock not waking him up on time, Storm neglects to go to FemCon on March 15th. It saves his life.
- Motionless Chin: Only characters' mouths move when they speak.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Storm's real name is Sine Sententia. This is only mentioned in his profile.
- Punny Name: Richard Kingsley = Rich King? He currently has no known family...
- That One Case: The FemCon incident, responsible for the deaths of every defense barrister and law student in the entire country except Storm and Lawrence.
- Villainous Breakdown: Mendax seems to have a sprite where he slowly bends his spatula, screaming.