Midnight Sun is a fanmade Fire Emblem hack created by Alfred Kamon. It takes place in an alternate universe to Sacred Stones where the Demon King instead of being sealed inside a stone was instead sealed inside a human body referred to as the vassal. The main character is Princess Faratrass of Hoikaide, the third vassal to the Demon King. One day her people are manipulated to turn on her, and a shrouded man named Helios appears and saves her life. She is then forced to flee from her kingdom with him and hopefully keep the seal of the Demon King within her intact.
On November 23, 2019, the project was formally brought to a close as a hack. Kamon announced a Kickstarter campaign to rework it into an original RPG for both Steam and Nintendo Switch, now titled Path of the Midnight Sun and produced by Kamon's development team Studio Daimon. The campaign was fully funded on December 6, 2019.
Midnight Sun contains examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: In this version of Magvel, only one of the sacred stones was intact, leading the people to use an alternate seal to contain the Demon King. This led them to perform a vassalage ceremony to seal it within a maiden.
- Armor Piercing: Fas personal weapon (the Oblumbra) is super effective against armored units.
- Blind Seer: Shiori has the special ability to detect malice in others.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: This is what originally forces Faratrass to flee from her country when her own people turn against her. They all believe it's the Demon King acting and no their beloved princess.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: When the group enjoy a night at the bar. Someone switches out a female character's drink with stronger alcohol. Played for drama where she becomes a sad drunk and summons monsters as a result.
- Embarrassing First Name: Queen Moonie.
- In the Hood: Helios uses one because his red eyes and black hair would give away his secret heritage.
- Long-Lost Relative: Helios reveals himself to be Fas long lost half-brother, who was raised in obscurity. He uses his red eyes and black hair as proof since it is a trait of the Hoikaide royal family. It turns out to have been a lie the whole time. He is actually the demon king.
- Older Than They Look: Caepana has quite the baby face, despite being in her twenties.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted with Faratrass, who is a relativity kind person (albeit sometimes rude and feisty). Played straight with Helios when he reveals himself as the demon king in disguise.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: This is the main purpose of the vassal in general.
- Stealth-Based Mission: A certain chapter involves sneaking into a house in a pacifist country without being noticed by its guards.
- Team Switzerland: After her kingdoms betrayal, Faratrass is forced to flee to Lazulis, a kingdom protected with strict antiwar policies for protection.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: Faratrass shows signs of this to those around her and isnt afraid to speak her mind, such as calling Helios name stupid when he first introduces himself.