The skills you need to play Fast Eddie
He's on his way to the top
And man can he hop
And when you think you're the master
You face a disaster
'Cause the Sneakers are coming
So you better get running
And when you catch all the prizes
There's even more sizes
Cause when you get to the top and go after the key,
You can still get stomped by Hi-Top, you see."
There's no actual plot, so gameplay will be described instead. You play as the titular Fast Eddie, who collects the levels' prizes (Hearts, tanks or fish for instance) and avoids Sneakers, who are blue Waddling Heads. At the top, there's an orange Sneaker named Hi-Top who's too high to jump over at first, but as Eddie collects prizes, Hi-Top gets shorter. After collecting nine prizes, Hi-Top turns normal size and Eddie can grab the key, which allows him to move on to the next level.
Not to be confused with TV Tropes' retired founder.
He's on his way to the top, and man, can he trope:
- Acrofatic: The cover art shows Eddie as quite chubby, and he's fast, of course. Though in game, he has an average stature.
- Badass Mustache: The cover art depicts Eddie with a mustache, though he doesn't have one in game due to graphical limitations.
- Difficulty by Acceleration: Later levels' Sneakers get much faster.
- Endless Game: The game has no ending, even if you get 99990 points.
- Heart Symbol: The heart prizes on level one look that way.
- No Plot? No Problem!: There's no real plot to speak of.
- Platform Game: Obviously modeled after Donkey Kong.
- Super Speed: The title contains the word "fast", and Eddie's quick in the game, too.
- Tank Goodness: The third level's prizes are tanks.
- Underground Monkey: Some Sneakers from the later levels may be twice, or even three times as wide (though slightly shorter) than the normal ones.
- Waddling Head: Sneakers basically look like blue Goombas, before Goombas even existed.