EDGE is a 2011 game by Two Tribes, or Mobigame S.A.R.L., where the player pilots a cube through mazes.
It's available on Steam and as an Android Game for the phones.
Tropes present in Edge:
- 100% Completion: There are prisms to collect.
- Doppelgänger: The dark cube in the extended levels.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: The Player Cube is rainbow, the Prisms are rainbow and the Menus and result screen had some rainbow parts. (Including the S and S+ grades)
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: One of the levels is called Speedrun. In that level, there are platforms that move in such a way that just idling makes you move. It's a speedrun indeed.
- Guide Dang It!: Some of the prisms are very well hidden.
- Minimalism: The game's presentation.
- Schmuck Bait: One of the titles of the level is "don't click!". Most people still do. Ignoring this advice nine times yields an achievement.
- The level "indy" is very obviously inspired by Indiana Jones movies. Traps include boulders, buttons on the floor that send stuff to kill you, etc.
- The "invaders" level contains reincarnations of some Space Invaders sprites. You even get an achievement for climbing onto the top of one.
- Sizeshifter: Some special tiles shrink the cube to one twenty-seventh of its original size. This somehow allows the cube to wall-climb and enter small passageways.
- Temporary Platform: Some of the platforms fall after rolling on them.