Bulb Boy is a horror Point-and-Click Game by Bulbware. It was first released for PC in 2015, and was then ported to iOS and Android in 2016, to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in 2017, and to Playstation 4 in 2018.
This game contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: Grandpa gets taken by the dark at the beginning of the game, leaving Bulb Boy on his own for most of it.
- Body Horror: Many of the monsters including your grandpa at the end.
- Breather Level: A few of them in-between the main levels depicting happy moments from Bulb Boy's past with his family.
- Down the Drain: Bulb Boy's head gets flushed and he spends a level underwater.
- Foreshadowing: If Bulb Boy looks out the window at the beginning you can get a creepy mask and the message "She is coming"; the mask is part of a later miniboss monster. Also the breather levels usually foreshadow a monster in the next level.
- Helicopter Animal: Bulb Boy's dog, which you can take control of in some parts of the game.
- Light Is Good: Literally in this case, as our protagonist has a lightbulb for a head.
- Nausea Fuel: Many of the monsters.
- Toilet Humor: Bulb Boy can cook and then eat one of the monsters, which results in him getting stomach pains and needing to use the bathroom... and then pooping out another monster.
- Ugly Cute: Bulb Boy and most of the friendly characters.
- Womb Level: How you defeat the final boss.