See also The Nameless Mod.
Because this is a mod for Deus Ex, many of the tropes on that page also apply.
Zodiac provides examples of the following tropes:
- Air Force One: In an early part of the second-to-last level.
- Conspiracy Kitchen Sink: As per the original game plus, a MJ12 offshoot has teamed up with the Grays to brainwash the president into giving Tibet nukes.
- Gaiden Game: The story is set during when JC Denton is busy with the second half of the game.
- Government Conspiracy: Several. The Grays and Majestic-12, a shadowy government group that was originally intended to research The Grays after Roswell, but later became a One World Order-seeking organization like The Illuminati and who now currently control America and the United Nations.
- Interquel: What this mod is to the original game.
- Lampshade Hanging: One of the emails reads, "Bill, If I catch you posting passwords in obvious places one more time, I'll have you manning a radar station in Alaska. Is that clear?"
- Sailor Earth: An additional UNATCO mech agent is present. On a side note, this would have to mean that the penultimate level's second half starts before JC leaves Paris.
- One side mission is more-or-less the first Ghost in the Shell film. Despite the technologies involved not fitting with Deus Ex canon, even by the time of the sequel.
- The CIA headquarters area also features a shout out to the first Mission: Impossible film, complete with a combat knife embedded in a table in a vital computer room (although the vent is inaccessible).
- One of the office employees at the biotech firm will mutter on how he was told he could have the radio at a reasonable volume, and a woman will talk about someone telling her she has a case of the Mondays.