Spyro: Myths Awaken was a Spyro the Dragon Fan Game intended to act as a sequel to Spyro: Year of the Dragon. It was designed from the ground-up using Playstation-style graphics and was well into development, however a Cease-and-Desist order in September 2018 led to the project being abandoned.
The devs were not deterred and opted to continue the project with several tweaks. This is where Zera: Myths Awaken comes in.
Zera: Myths Awaken is a Spyro-inspired 3D platformer starring an Axolotl/Bat hybrid named "Zera". Elements have been changed, such as gems becoming relics and the Guidebook becoming the Totem, but the Spyro influence is still clearly there.
Zera: Myths Awaken provides examples of:
- Fairy Companion: Kiwi is Zera's Sparx-like companion.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Zera is an Axolotl/Bat hybrid inspired Cartoon Creature.
- Retraux: It uses low-poly, Playstation-style graphics but is a modern day PC game.
- Running on All Fours: Zera is semi-bipedal. She can run on all-fours but stands upright.
- Spiritual Successor: To the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy.