The Legend of Zelda: Randomizer is a Zelda Classic quest series by Hero Of Fire. The first game is based on the original first and second quests from the first Zelda game, with all new dungeons in between.
There are three games in the series so far: Randomizer and Randomizer Super, Randomizer BS, based on Map 1 and Map 2 of the Japan-only Broadcast Sattleview game, and currently in demo form based on the ROM hack Zelda Challenge: Outlands.
The quest series has the following examples:
- Ability Required to Proceed: Several times you will have to leave dungeons incomplete and search others for items when you come across enemies that require specific items needed to defeat them such as the bows and arrows against Gohmas. The random item appearance aspect of this quest could force you to return much later in the game to finish the dungeon.
- A Day in the Limelight: For some of the lesser used offensive items such as the wand, hammer or even the candle at the start of the game. They will be your main source of attack until you find the sword.
- Anti-Frustration Features: Some of the bosses' weaknesses are different to accommodate the greatly expanded inventory.
- Bonus Dungeon
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: Your goal isn't just to save Zelda, it's also collecting every item.
- Schizophrenic Difficulty: Invoked. The game's difficulty depends on the items you have.
- Updated Re-release: The Super version of the first game adds new items and fixes bugs.