The main character is the #1 YouTuber in the world, and then narrates his/her humble beginnings. With business simulations, your character has to become the most viewed YouTuber in the world, while also taking care of their social life and education.
During the game, you start your career creating videos, editing them, and posting them on YouTube to earn money, but also have to study, take care of friends to have collaborators, and meet other YouTubers. Then, you can progress to your own apartment, hire an employee, create videos under contract with other companies, and create your own network.
Tropes present in this game:
- AFGNCAAP: Since the game is all about letting the player live out the fantasy of becoming a top YouTuber, it features a reasonably extensive customization with few presets.
- Bland-Name Product: Crops up plenty of times as expected for an indie game. For instance, you can order games like Warbanner 30,000 Dawn of or Half-Lie 2 from an "Amazing-on" website, or buy furniture for your room from "IDEA". YouTube itself is actually titled "U-Tube" within the game.
- Catching Some Z's: Your character sleeping is portrayed in this manner.
- An Entrepreneur Is You: A very specific and limited type of entrepreneur, to be sure, but the game nevertheless earnestly tries to simulate the process of making videos and investing any proceeds into more things to make your videos about, and upgrading your computer and workstation to improve each video's quality.
- There Are No Bedsheets: When going to sleep, your character simply lies down on top of the blanket fully clothed; not even taking the glasses off if they were created with them on by default.
- You Have Researched Breathing: In an attempt to add progression to what would otherwise be a straightforward set of mechanics, the player is initially restricted to 1-2 types of videos about a topic, and unlocks the ability to do others with talent points. For instance, gaming YouTubers begin with pure "gameplay" videos as their only option; while it's reasonable a first-time channel won't be able to do collabs or speedruns, the ability to do first impressions, walkthroughs and reviews is also restricted at first.
- Likewise, the ability to do gestures like waving hello also gets unlocked throughout the game.