Yoshi's Island: Kamek's Revenge 2.0 is a hack of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island created by SMW Central member S.N.N. and later improved and edited by Zeldara109 and BTD6_maker. The hack is much harder than the original, with more complex puzzles required to get 100 points in every level and much longer levels in general. The story is mostly unchanged from that of the original game.
Kamek's Revenge contains examples of:
- Brutal Bonus Level: The Extra levels that aren't Breather Levels tend to be this. 3-E (Ice To Meet You) is an ice level with very difficult jumps and is much harder than the rest of World 3 (though not as hard as some late World 6 levels). 5-E (The Pit of 50 Trials) is a Marathon Level where you must clear the enemies in a series of trials. This starts extremely easy (the first trial is a single Shy Guy) but later on this gets extremely difficult. Particularly noteworthy are Trials 44 and 47. Then you get Trial 50, which is a long autoscrolling Tap-Tap chase with infinitely spawning bats. It is very easy to lose a star here and be unable to get 100 points. Lastly, 6-E (Kamek's Revenge 2.0) is a heavily buffed version of Kamek's Revenge in the original, which was already an infamous Brutal Bonus Level. Here the platforms are much narrower, there are multiple Kameks instead of one, and there are very difficult Red Coins to obtain, even before the infamous skiing and helicopter segments.
- Game-Breaking Bug: In 4-3 (Green Green Bay), in the original Kamek's Revenge, entering one particular room (required for 100 points) would make Baby Mario fall below the screen instantly without even getting hit, and it would be impossible to die. This meant that you had to restart the game. This bug was fixed in Kamek's Revenge 2.0.
- Lethal Lava Land: The start of World 5, Hot Stride and Novaglint Crematory, are this. Later on, in 6-5, Blargg's Boiler is another example.
- Marathon Level:
- The first Marathon Level is 4-4 (The Sealed Ruins), which is a lot longer than any level before it and is also a confusing maze. 6-8 (The Climactic Finale) is also this, being composed of a series of difficult rooms.
- 5-Extra is another example, with 50 trials of increasing difficulty. (Strictly speaking there are 45 trials - 10, 20, 30, 40, and 49 are all just breather rooms). Many of the early trials can be cleared in a matter of seconds but some of the later trials (from 41 onwards) can take a lot of time. In particular, Trial 44 has 4 Ptooie plants, each of which take 3 hits. Even if you come with 6 eggs, you need 6 more from the Ptooies, and getting even one egg can take a while. The Flower requires two more.
- Shout-Out: The renamed 6-6 (Yoshi's Keytastrophe) is a shout-out to S.N.N.'s Super Mario World ROM hack Mario's Keytastrophe.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The first half of World 3 is this, as well as 3-Extra (Ice To Meet You).
- Title Drop: