After two years, the International version was shut down May 31st 2018. Puni Puni is still going.
This game uses these tropes:
- Allegedly Free Game: The game is free to play, but some bonuses, like very high-class Yo-kai, cost money to own.
- Alternate Continuity: The story is similar to the first game and anime, but the player (not Nate or Katie) is inserted in the role. This is noticeable as you see Nate without the watch, and doesn't talk about Yo-kai.
- Calling Your Attacks: The Soultimate moves have the same flash screen as the original games.
- Combos: You need to make a lot of combos by matching all the blobs.
- Damage Reduction: Certain yo-kai like Robonyan and Mimikin can help reduce the damage taken from enemies.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Like the game and anime, you become friends with the certain Yo-kai once you defeat them. Unlike the game where you can choose, they become your friends automatically. Unlike the original game, having more than one of the same Yo-kai is impossible, as getting a duplicate will just fill the Soultimate level of the original.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Wibble Wobble features Yo-Kai from the second game for the overseas audience.
- Fusion Dance: Like the original game, there is a Fusion section, where two Yo-kai, or a Yo-kai and an item can be fused together to create a new one.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: As the game progress, you can unlock more characters in your roster. You can also unlock certain ones on the Crank-a-kai by either spending 3,000 coins, or a special coin you can get from boss battles.
- Make My Monster Grow: Characters like Ray O' Light and Lady Longnek can make certain blobs grow bigger.
- Me's a Crowd: You can place many of Palette Swap and evolved Yo-kai to make this.
- The Medic: Yo-kais like Tattletell, Skranny, and Goldenyan can help heal your team.
- Level Grinding/ Money Grinding: If you can't pass a certain level due to a yo-kai that is weak, you can go back to a previous level and earn more points and money. You can still get some experience and money if you don't want to continue the stage.
- Timed Mission:
- Not exactly timed, but you need to beat the stage before the opponents beat you up.
- Some missions state you need to beat the level under a certain time to get the star.
- Warp Whistle: Like in the game, Mirapo helps you warp to different sections after befriending him.