Aliens have taken over the three moons orbiting your home planet, and your mission is to blow them up (not just the aliens, but the entire moons!).
Each moon contains four levels incorporating several gameplay modes and perspectives:
- Level 1 is a first-person 3D flight simulation, as the player pilots a ship over the moon's surface looking for the entrance to a cave.
- Level 2 is a Side View Platform Game in which the player explores the cave on foot, with just grenades, a blaster and a jetpack, in search of bombs.
- Level 3 is similar to level 2, except it takes place underwater.
- Level 4 is the final one; it is a top-down grid-based maze shooter, as the player tries to plant the bombs and escape before they explode.
This game contains examples of:
- Attract Mode: Waiting for 30 seconds at the menu activates one.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The huge insectoids you fight (or ram) during the first, surface stage of any moon. The subsequent sections do not seem to possess them, however, even when you account for the Art Shift between the stages.
- Bloodless Carnage: Averted: ramming the alien bugs during the first stage of any moon will sometimes result in a red, blue, green or orange splatter on the screen.
- Bottomless Magazines: Averted; the player may wield a blaster firing purple energy projectiles, but it still limited to around 150 shots.
- Concussion Frags: Your character starts on-foot stages with around 70 grenades. The flip side is that they all have a truly tiny explosion radius.
- Copy Protection: You better have the manual with you, because the game will ask you to type in a word from a line on a page of the manual.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Everything shot with your blaster instantly explodes and disappears without a trace.
- Deflector Shields: One of the one active bonuses that may be found in the cave sections is a mega shield.
- It's the Only Way to Be Sure: The premise is apparently that all the alien-infested moons are so far gone, that blowing them up once and for all is the only solution.
- Jet Pack: Your character possesses one during the cave-exploring sections. Its fuel supply is also not infinite.
- Laser Hallway: The cave sections will sometimes have things you need, be that a bomb or just a bonus, placed in the nooks and crannies and guarded by a laser beam completely blocking off the way. However, shooting either the top or the bottom beam projector will completely shut it off, and let you claim the item.
- Pinball Projectile: During the final, top-down section of each moon, your blaster's shots will actually reflect off of walls.
- Scoring Points: You receive points for every enemy you destroy.
- Spikes of Doom: There are falling stalactites in the caves, as well as the rows of more conventional stalagmites on some floors.